STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
there is nothing wrong with choreography in a film... in the new movies there is choreography as well but it is so cringe... because they dont know how to fucking hold and fight with a sword. kylo ren hops like a ballerina... lol... and that spin before he strikes.. lol.. i get cringes when i see that. it looks so fake.

tumblr_p5fnl9IhHA1wk3b91o3_540.gif

look at this, it looks like she holds a vacuum cleaner, it just doesnt look authentic.
like cm punk in the octagon.

Kylo-Ren-and-Rey-Fight-kylo-ren-and-rey-39654168-268-165.gif

zero martial arts, nothing. give a casual in the streets something in the hand and it will look the same.. just hold something and hit. thats the new jedi.

nobody in sword fighting makes moves likes this here... the hand is way to much on the back side. it looks stupid.

original.gif

and this stupid face expression all the time while holding the sword.

1*TdIbfKfJw5-Wxvt5pGMjKQ.gif

i get cringes when i see how she hold the sword here. it looks so fake.

7791a43b85b998f25f4d82ba40a9ee83.gif

and this here choreography again.. but lol.

landscape-1520434009-ezgifcom-optimize-3-1.gif

here mace windu.. much cooler, much more smooth. he knows how to hold and swing a sword.

giphy.gif

I like the new stuff better.

But I agree the throne room fight has some issues but overall is fun and great visuals.

In the end they still look better then what we seen till now, they look less fake.

This looks fine for actors doing action scenes I'm happy with it.

I like the new stuff better.

But I agree the throne room fight has some issues but overall is fun and great visuals.

In the end they still look better then what we seen till now, they look less fake.

This looks fine for actors doing action scenes I'm happy with it.

i watched the video. looks like a crash course not a martial art / sword fighting education. these 2 actors are so talentless in terms of moving in a martial art way. they look so sloppy and constrained in their movings. i cant buy it what u wanna sell me.

ewan mcgregor was also not that good compared to some other actors in fighting with that sword, but these two actors who played kylo ren and rey are by far the worse of all time.

i watched the video. looks like a crash course. these 2 actors are so talentless in terms of moving in a martial art way. they look so sloppy and constrained in their movings. i cant buy it what u wanna sell me.

ewan mcgregor was also not that good compared to some other actors in fighting with that sword, but these two actors who played kylo ren and rey are by far the worse of all time.

I don't see it like that.. I see them like very raw and talented I believed it for the most part.

I was disappointed in the last Jedi.

10 minutes in after Luke milks the tits of that shitty monster and slurps his tongue, I was convinced the director didn't like star wars. However I was grateful he didn't make Yoda do an Irish Jig the way he was carrying on. Why not, go for broke, this director's fucking nuts and enjoying butt-fucking star wars lore and everything that meant anything to people who grew up on the original series.

I like the Rey/Ben moments. Adams the best actor in the series. That's it.

I missed Hans/Boyegas fantastic comedic chemistry in this movie.

He's made a complete fool of that red haired 2nd in command after Ben. The way he was punked and bitch slapped throughout the movie diminished his character. No longer scary/fearesome. Now a bitch and the butt of comedic jokes. That was disappointing.

It's clear when people sat down before this trilogy, that there was no plan for the 3 movies as far as where it would go.

Ex.. ok director 1...you take the story from point a to point b...where director 2 will take it from there and go to point c...etc

It's like each director had complete autonomy and nutcase director 2 took it out into left field on planet Zatar... from which in Abrams has to direct movie 3... starting at a point he probably didn't want to be...

I don't know if that was a good idea. Should have been some overall vision for the 3 movies.

Last edited:
Being overly critical of the light saber dueling seems kind of silly, when the original trilogy has such slow and clunky fighting.

I don't see it like that.. I see them like very raw and talented I believed it for the most part.

my opinion is this

this is how fight moves should look like in a professional movie

giphy.gif

and this is charisma as a actor

giphy.gif

and not this shit here, everytime this stupid angry housewife face combined with those cheap wanna be fight moves. just looks stupid to me.

images

my opinion is this

this is how fight moves should look like in a professional movie

giphy.gif

and this is charisma as a actor

giphy.gif

and not this shit here, everytime this stupid angry housewife face.

images

Well Donnie is more action oriented then actor.

Jones was good in RO but many times she was flat in retrospect, very subdued in a way.

I prefer Daisy Ridley Rey's by a long shot and she is like 10 years younger in her craft too.

Being overly critical of the light saber dueling seems kind of silly, when the original trilogy has such slow and clunky fighting.

the old man there made a better peformance 40 years ago than kylo and rey 40 years later.

untitled-34.gif

the fights looked more basic but it looked very clean and visually enjoyable for the eyes.
they studied at least some basics from sword fighting and used that. how to hold and swing a sword. in the new star wars u dont see not even basics... they just put many cuts in the fight scenes to make it artificially flashy to hide the bad movements.

Last edited:
the old man there made a better peformance 40 years ago than kylo and ren 40 years later.

untitled-34.gif

the fights looked more basic but it looked very clean. they used at least some basics from sword fighting. how to hold and swing a sword. in the new star wars u see not even basics anymore.
Eh Rey angrily and clumsily smashing at Kylo with brute power looked a lot like Luke doing the same to Vader.

The only movies with combat that looked like it matched there supposedly superhuman power were the prequels, but those had serious problems too with all the pointless flourishes and ballet.

Duel of the Fates is more dance than fight, but there's some really good editing to help develop tension and the fight has some clever moments. That fight scene is nearly 5 minutes long and the scene has 3 separate acts, like a mini movie. It also has one of the most iconic scores and the sound editing is 11 out of 10. It's a brilliant scene in a rather dire movie.

the old man there made a better peformance 40 years ago than kylo and rey 40 years later.

untitled-34.gif

the fights looked more basic but it looked very clean and visually enjoyable for the eyes.
they studied at least some basics from sword fighting and used that. how to hold and swing a sword. in the new star wars u dont see not even basics... they just put many cuts in the fight scenes to make it artificially flashy to hide the bad movements.

I prefer the more realistic style. Luke vs. Vader was my favorites. But I do have to admit much of the above fight looked like two old men trying to gently poke each other with sticks.

I agree concerning the fight between Kenobi and Vader in the original film. But I think the extended fight scene between Luke and Vader in Empire is very well done. Vader fights very aggressively and is not super elegant, but I wouldn't call it slow and clunky either. He fights how a big enforcer type should I think. And Luke fights as well as he should considering his stage in training IMO.

I prefer the more realistic style. Luke vs. Vader was my favorites. But I do have to admit much of the above fight looked like two old men trying to gently poke each other with sticks.
Have you seen the footage before editing? It's pretty funny. It was improved immeasurably by editing, but yeah still rather limited in what you can do with an old guy and a guy in a big suit who could barely see what he was doing.

I agree concerning the fight between Kenobi and Vader in the original film. But I think the extended fight scene between Luke and Vader in Empire is very well done. Vader fights very aggressively and is not super elegant, but I wouldn't call it slow and clunky either. He fights how a big enforcer type should I think. And Luke fights as well as he should considering his stage in training IMO.
Well I think that's the best fight in all of the star wars movies. But really imo at least, Empire is not just the best star wars movie but one of the best movies ever, period. I don't think star wars would have reached the legendary status it has without empire.

It is by far the best movie in the series in every way, the dark tone the story the feeling of tension and stakes, etc. It's THE example of how to restore tension in the second movie of a trilogy, after an epic win for the heroes in the first movie.

Plus u got Luke meeting Yoda...training. The first time in the series where "The force" is talked about in depth, by Yoda.

Vader talking to the emperor..ian the greatest actor of all the star wars movies. A lot to like in that movie.

Well I think that's the best fight in all of the star wars movies. But really imo at least, Empire is not just the best star wars movie but one of the best movies ever, period. I don't think star wars would have reached the legendary status it has without empire.

It is by far the best movie in the series in every way, the dark tone the story the feeling of tension and stakes, etc. It's THE example of how to restore tension in the second movie of a trilogy, after an epic win for the heroes in the first movie.
Yeah I agree with all that. Empire is one of my favorite movies and my second favorite science fiction after 2001: A Space Odyssey. But those two films can't really be compared because Empire and Star Wars general are space adventure films, while 2001 is hard sci-fi, more ambiguous and esoteric. I would never expect as many people to love 2001 as Empire.

I think Empire is so good mostly because of director Irvin Kershner. In a way he had the easiest job of the three directors who worked on the OT because he had these characters and this world that had already been introduced, and he didn't have to worry about an ending. He had a bigger budget than Lucas had for the first film, and more control than Richard Marquand had over Return of the Jedi. He was known as a director that was good with actors and liked to focus on character development, and that is seen in the film, with the performances from the principal three actors being the best in the trilogy, and all having satisfying arcs.

Apparently the film went over budget mostly because Kershner would do as many takes as needed to get the shots he wanted. Lucas said it could have been done within budget and would still have made just as much money, which goes to show the difference in artistic approach between the two.

Concerning it's contribution to the status of Star Wars, it does in the sense that it's the film that stands as the example of what Star Wars can be, and it's lost potential. And it is one of the most financially successful movies of all time in its own right. IMO the majority of the financial success of the franchise is due to the first film. Adjusted for inflation Star Wars 1977 made $1.6 billion in the US alone, compared to $990 million for Force Awakens, $899 million for Empire, $861 million for Return, and $827 million for Phantom Menace. Every single Star Wars product including the movies have been cash-ins on the original film, even Empire, although in that case because Gary Kurtz and Irvin Kershner cared about quality it managed to improve upon the first film.

Plus u got Luke meeting Yoda...training. The first time in the series where "The force" is talked about in depth, by Yoda.
When I was a kid I thought the parts on Degoba were boring. Now they might be my favorite scenes in the film. Especially when Yoda first appears, when he talks in depth about the force, and when he lifts the x-wing.
Vader talking to the emperor..ian the greatest actor of all the star wars movies. A lot to like in that movie.
He wasn't actually in the original cut. He was first hired for Return of the Jedi. In the original cut of Empire the Emperor is a woman with chimpanzee eyes shooped over her eyes, and another actor provides the voice.

maxresdefault.jpg

I do agree Ian was the greatest actor in the franchise, unless you count James Earl Jones.

Meanwhile Force Awakens cast one of the greatest living actors in Max von Sydow, and then they use him in one scene then kill him smh.

When I was a kid I thought the parts on Degoba were boring. Now they might be my favorite scenes in the film. Especially when Yoda first appears, when he talks in depth about the force, and when he lifts the x-wing.

He wasn't actually in the original cut. He was first hired for Return of the Jedi. In the original cut of Empire the Emperor is a woman with chimpanzee eyes shooped over her eyes, and another actor provides the voice.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh I know. Was so glad George went back and got that for consistencies sake...good move. And Anakin ghost at the end of Jedi.
Some things/touch ups were good. Some touch ups were bad..lol.

Oh I know. Was so glad George went back and got that for consistencies sake...good move. And Anakin ghost at the end of Jedi.
Some things/touch ups were good. Some touch ups were bad..lol.
haha I actually kind of like the original version. It looks goofy but I like the voice a lot. It is better for consistency to have Ian. The main problem I have with the change is that the dialogue is altered.

Completely disagree on the Hayden ghost. The Kenobi and Yoda ghosts looked liked how they did when they died, makes no sense for Anakin's ghost to look like he did decades earlier.

On a related note, I think it really should have been David Prowse as Vader in the unmasking scene and as the force ghost. He was the man in the costume for all of the movies, it was a pretty lame decision imo to bring in another actor else when you finally show his face. Yeah Prowse's speaking voice doesn't sound anything like James Earl Jones' but neither does Sebastian Shaw's.

Back