STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
that's now how the Force works.

I really wonder if the movie would have made all the main characters fly like superman whenever they want because "the force". Would the people who defend the movie still defend it?

Force jumps are acceptable. Flying is borderline fan fiction, hence the fallout.

j289JA4.gif

Real question here, because I'm not a fan of the bombers either, but if we hate the bombers for being unrealistic and ineffective why didn't we hate the At-Ats? The Trojan camel. A personnel carrier that stands taller than an apartment building on stilts, with but a single turret? Their weakness is the tripfall. Is it because they resemble elephants? Is it just we were younger? Maybe because it was the cool way to defeat them. Maybe they aren't beloved like the Falcon or Speederbikes, but they're certainly not reviled.

the leia hovering space scene didn't bother me.

first, she was in space.
second, if force push is a thing and force pull is a thing then she should be able to force pull herself.

why didn't they just land right on top of the rebel base at the end of the movie instead of landing 10 miles away and mounting an attack? why not just bomb the planet. stupid shit.

the leia hovering space scene didn't bother me.

first, she was in space.
second, if force push is a thing and force pull is a thing then she should be able to force pull herself.

why didn't they just land right on top of the rebel base at the end of the movie instead of landing 10 miles away and mounting an attack? why not just bomb the planet. stupid shit.

Ah the force vacuum.

The issue with the bombers I would say is that they feel too much like WW2 tech transplanted into a science fiction setting. STarwars always did that to some degree of course but Star Destroyers didn't look so directly like battleships in space.

Ah the force vacuum.
Ladies get no respeck! Day 2 Training: Force Dusting.

Speaking of that -- I think what would be well-received is a FORCE ACADEMY movie that deals with training. Essentially a version of MASTER KILLER / THE 36 CHAMBERS OF SHAOLIN. Lower stakes, but more wom-womp.

Ladies get no respeck! Day 2 Training: Force Dusting.

Speaking of that -- I think what would be well-received is a FORCE ACADEMY movie that deals with training. Essentially a version of MASTER KILLER / THE 36 CHAMBERS OF SHAOLIN. Lower stakes, but more wom-womp.

Or.

She went from Force-Suck, to Force-Blow.

Not sure if there is such a thing, but sure, lets say you can. If you're trained.

i'm thinking that if a jedi attempts to force pull an object that is bolted down like an inanimate carbon rod they will end up pulling themselves towards the object rather than the object towards them - especially if in space.

also, we sure she didn't force pull the universe towards her?

Real question here, because I'm not a fan of the bombers either, but if we hate the bombers for being unrealistic and ineffective why didn't we hate the At-Ats? The Trojan camel. A personnel carrier that stands taller than an apartment building on stilts, with but a single turret? Their weakness is the tripfall. Is it because they resemble elephants? Is it just we were younger? Maybe because it was the cool way to defeat them. Maybe they aren't beloved like the Falcon or Speederbikes, but they're certainly not reviled.
People are naturally less inclined to be critical of a good movie.

People are naturally less inclined to be critical of a good movie.
You know I got this same sort of answer when it came to Force abilities, the big dividing point being whether a Force user should be able to move himself as easily as an outside object. Like, if Yoda can make a plane levitate, should he be able to levitate himself? For example.

The answer was "depends on how it looks."

You know I got this same sort of answer when it came to Force abilities, the big dividing point being whether a Force user should be able to move himself as easily as an outside object. Like, if Yoda can make a plane levitate, should he be able to levitate himself? For example.

The answer was "depends on how it looks."
I'll use a fight metaphor for you. Those nitpicks are just the jabs in a fight you got knocked out in. If you won the fight, nobody gives a shit about the few times you caught some jabs. If you got KO'd, we're going to point out everything that led to you being put to sleep.

Back