STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS v.10 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much do we think Hamill weights? :D

12545393_1731885307043141_168626950_n.jpg

Everybody neglects that fact. If Finn isn't there he just kills her, even injured. I really don't get why people are underselling the injury he sustained. A direct baster hit=death in the star wars universe. He not only survived that, but fought both of them afterwards and it's STILL a weak showing. Somehow,
what other Sith apprentice in the history of Star Wars would have trouble with these two cans? The outcome was preposterous.

what other Sith apprentice in the history of Star Wars would have trouble with these two cans? The outcome was preposterous.

When has any Sith or Jedi EVER taken a direct hit from a blaster and survived, much less held his own in a fight afterwards? In a movie, not in a game, comic, cartoon etc. I've never seen anyone live through a shot from Chewie's blaster, which is presented as being even more powerful than a normal blaster, which already one hit kills everyone.

When has any Sith or Jedi EVER taken a direct hit from a blaster and survived, much less held his own in a fight afterwards? In a movie, not in a game, comic, cartoon etc. I've never seen anyone live through a shot from Chewie's blaster, which is presented as being even more powerful than a normal blaster, which already one hit kills everyone.
the thing is, a healthy Sith/Jedi should never be hit by a blaster in the first place.

the thing is, a healthy Sith/Jedi should never be hit by a blaster in the first place.

Why? The force doesn't prevent you from ever being surprised and it's not spider sense. Force users can deflect attacks, but they need to be aware of them.

Chewie shot him from stealth and got that backstab bonus multiplier to damage. We saw jedis get surprised in episode three when palpatine gave the order, including several council members that were killed by freaking storm troopers.

We also saw jedis killed by droids and a bounty hunter in episode two. In Empire we saw Luke get ambushed by a yeti.

They're great fighters, but they're not immune to getting surprised or being shot.

Why? The force doesn't prevent you from ever being surprised and it's not spider sense. Force users can deflect attacks, but they need to be aware of them.

Chewie shot him from stealth and got that backstab bonus multiplier to damage. We saw jedis get surprised in episode three when palpatine gave the order, including several council members that were killed by freaking storm troopers.

We also saw jedis killed by droids and a bounty hunter in episode two. In Empire we saw Luke get ambushed by a yeti.

They're great fighters, but they're not immune to getting surprised or being shot.

Poe shot at him from surprise yet he caught it.

I concede there are non-Force sensitive fighters who can kill Jedi/Sith.
HK-47-posing.jpg

Finn and Rey are still cans tho

Sure, he seemed entirely focused on that battle too. I don't know if they'll mention it at all in the sequel,, but it wouldn't be hard to make an argument that he was a bit distracted as he had killed his father literally a second beforehand. Despite all his blustering, they made it quite clear he was struggling with being completely dark side, he said so himself. I think it's still a decent point that we've seen jedis get killed while distracted or surprised multiple times.

I concede there are non-Force sensitive fighters who can kill Jedi/Sith.
HK-47-posing.jpg

Finn and Rey are still cans tho

Well we don't know much about them yet. Finn absolutely got his ass whupped by a critically injured Ren, so imo people are making a big deal out of that. Rey was op as hell for sure, but she looks to be this trilogies Luke, and I'm sure it'll be revealed she's related to some sort of famous jedi, or has off the charts force potential.

Why, that's how countless Jedi were killed during the Clone Wars, Order 66.

Currently under the Legends banner, Darth Plagues was taken by surprise by Maladian assassins and almost killed in the process.

Currently under the Legends banner, Darth Plagues was taken by surprise by Maladian assassins and almost killed in the process.

Im noticing a recurring pattern of how people say that any time any jedi/sith do anything, that means that all jedi/sith can do that thing 100% of the time no matter what.

It's like saying an MMA fighter slipped this punch, so why didn't he slip the punch that KOd him?

In even more extreme circumstances, it's like saying Anderson Silva slipped that punch, so why didn't Arlovski slip all those punches? Thats bad writing on Gods part.

Really rustled that the UK has to wait so long for the bluray release FFS

He wasn't distracted by and too focused on having just killed his old man when Poe fired.

In ANH Vader gets grazed by the Falcon and subsequently taken out as an unstoppable threat because he's so focused on Luke that Vader, one of the most powerful Jedis ever, forgot for moments about the battle unfolding behind him. TFA is deritive of ANH to a fault and this is a plot point they also reworked.

It seems Huff Post had a few of the same concerns...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...n-star-wars-the-force-awakens_b_8850324.html?

This is one of my biggest issues...

You can hide your head in the sand all you want, but this was not a well thought out script.

Has the order really killed that many, millions? Honest question. I got the impression they hadn't massacred on a scale to which the war weary republic felt attacking them was nessecary, though factions like Leia and others disagreed and were actively fighting them.

Kind of like Russia going into Urkaine. People don't like it but don't want to fight an all out war over it.

Yeah but he was taken down by a stormtrooper (the worst fighters in the galaxy) and a girl who has never fought with a light saber before. Injured or not, this shouldn't happen.

Pretty stoked, my brother surprised me with the steel book version from Best Buy yesterday.

Actually a movie with extra features that I'm looking forward to watching.

In the blu ray extras they show Daisy Ridley working out and practe fighting. She has a nice body and sweet little butt.

Yawn. Ep 3 had jedis go down left and right. Finn was no trouble at all. He wanted to train Rey and not kill her and was severely hurt and rattled.
Get over it.

Back