STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS v.10 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
holy shit. does no one read my posts? For the 1747146th time, I liked the movie, but there were glaring issues with the writing. My god, you people are defensive.

Im not defending anything. You're free to love it, hate it, or anything in between and Im not trying to change your opinion. I'm just pointing out that the stuff you say makes little sense.

Im not defending anything. You're free to love it, hate it, or anything in between and Im not trying to change your opinion. I'm just pointing out that the stuff you say makes little sense.

You didn't even address the list of things I pointed out.

Well that was in response to your complaint about the crash. Yes, every other action movie ever made has people shrugging off what would be serious or fatal injuries irl. Alot of your complants are about regular movie tropes that you could apply to anything. I addressed a bunch of your other points, stuff like Finns behavior or Han being a smuggler again, but you seem to be ignoring that so what can you do.

That's fair enough. Surviving a ridiculous crash in a movie is expected, but please try to explain why R2D2 magically turned on. Why was the map even fragmented to begin with? I guarantee this won't be explained in the next movie because it was a nonsensical plot point.

You didn't even address the list of things I pointed out.

That's fair enough. Surviving a ridiculous crash in a movie is expected, but please try to explain why R2D2 magically turned on. Why was the map even fragmented to begin with? I guarantee this won't be explained in the next movie because it was a nonsensical plot point.

R2 D2 woke up when Rey was nearby. Might have something to do with it. Its likely going to be something explained in the next movie.

I dont feel like typing out everything because most of your issues have been addressed. Nevertheless, just off the top of my head.

-Solo specifically mentioned he was scanning for the Falcon.

- A common misconception seems to be that because the facility and weapon were built into the planet itself, that the facility is planet sized. But theres nothing to support this. We can see upon arrival that its a base of some sort in the middle of a forest and mountains. We don't really know how much of it is manned. So while we can assume the base is somewhat big and coming across each other is beneficial happenstance, it isnt like how many people interpret as if they just happened to run across each other on a planet.

- Finn having a sanitation assignment doesn't mean he isn't a soldier. Plenty of sanitation duties are assigned to military personnel.

- Pretty much any criticism of Ren and the final battle are going to be countered with "Shot in the gut and bleeding".

-The Rathtars got loose when Rey crossed the wires. Remember when she said "Wrong wires"? And then the Rathtars got loose. That's why. How is this even a question that someone has?

I don't really feel like going into any further detail. It seems like you're just going out of your way to find any insignificant criticism, even if they have obvious answers if you pay attention. I literally have no idea how someone could have watched the movie multiple times and have no clue how the Rathtars got loss. There was a whole scene dedicated to it.

It's still a movie like any other. The protagonist will overcome overwhelming odds. There will be beneficial coincidences, etc.

Nobody says shit like "Oh, so how come Luke didn't look wounded after the sandpeople hit him in the face with a staff? Not even a concussion? LAME!"

Or "Good thing Obi Wan Kenobi just HAPPENED to show up at the right to time to help Luke"

And they have no trouble accepting that a storm trooper cant hit anything in a 180* field of forward vision.

Last edited:
The script made her the ultimate Mary Sue. Speak fluent Droid and Wookie? No problem. Fly the Falcon? Take five, Han. I got this. Kylo, Master of the Knights of Ren? I'll just make you my prison bitch...

I agree. I don't even care that much for the film to give a shit either way, but you'd be surprised at how butthurt people get over the Mary Sue thing on other forums.

R2 D2 woke up when Rey was nearby. Might have something to do with it. Its likely going to be something explained in the next movie.

"Well, hopefully they come up with an excuse in the next movie." is nonsensical. They didn't even show Rey near R2 as far as I know.

-Solo specifically mentioned he was scanning for the Falcon.

...and found it 5 min after takeoff after like after decade of searching? Come on.

- A common misconception seems to be that because the facility and weapon were built into the planet itself, that the facility is planet sized. But theres nothing to support this. We can see upon arrival that its a base of some sort in the middle of a forest and mountains. We don't really know how much of it is manned. So while we can assume the base is somewhat big and coming across each other is beneficial happenstance, it isnt like how many people interpret as if they just happened to run across each other on a planet.

It was fucking huge. This is directly from the movie poster. That's alll base.
new-death-star-tfa-155778.jpg

- Finn having a sanitation assignment doesn't mean he isn't a soldier. Plenty of sanitation duties are assigned to military personnel.

In no military, EVER, are they going to snatch sanitation guy or a cook, or the guy that presses flashy buttons to go on a combat mission unless there is no one available. On that entire star destroyer, they didn't have a single person that specializes in ground combat, so they had to pick a sanitation guy instead? No. Just no.

- Pretty much any criticism of Ren and the final battle are going to be countered with "Shot in the gut and bleeding".

Obviously, he was injured. It's just dumb that the only scene they show him use a lightsaber in combat, he gets marked by a trash man that has no business wielding a light saber. He's supposed to be fast enough to deflect blaster blasts, but can't handle trashcan guy? Throughout the entire movie he was knocking people senseless with the force, but didn't use it when he was injured? Come on man.

-The Rathtars got loose when Rey crossed the wires. Remember when she said "Wrong wires"? And then the Rathtars got loose. That's why. How is this even a question that someone has?

You are correct about this one.

It's still a movie like any other. The protagonist will overcome overwhelming odds. There will be beneficial coincidences, etc.

Of course you only chose a few.

It seems Huff Post had a few of the same concerns...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...n-star-wars-the-force-awakens_b_8850324.html?

This is one of my biggest issues...

Let’s be clear: Han’s son joins the First Order, and Luke’s attempts to train new Jedis goes horribly wrong, and both men respond to these setbacks by, well, abandoning the Resistance to be utterly slaughtered by the First Order.Luke chills on an island, and Han on a smuggler’s freighter, while untold thousands or millions of innocents are killed by the Order. Can we even comprehend how pissed Leia would be at both of them, and how cowardly Leia (at least the Leia we see in the first three films) would consider them both? And yet she seems onlymildly peeved at Luke, and, despite Han implying otherwise, is almost entirely happy to see him when he turns up at the Resistance stronghold.

You can hide your head in the sand all you want, but this was not a well thought out script.

Now that I have the movie at home I can see it more in depth.
It took Kylo Ren 46 seconds to dispatch Finn and yet people will say it should have took only 10 seconds.

It took Kylo Ren 46 seconds to dispatch Finn and yet people will say it should have took only 10 seconds.

It's also clear from the casual way he's fighting him that he doesn't take Finn seriously. As soon as Finn lands a glancing blow, Ren puts him away immediately

It seems Huff Post had a few of the same concerns...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...n-star-wars-the-force-awakens_b_8850324.html?

This is one of my biggest issues...

You can hide your head in the sand all you want, but this was not a well thought out script.

How am I hiding anything? I specifically responded to some of your points and you completely avoided them. If I went further down the checklist and answered every single one, you'd still ignore it and find something else.

My answering a few of your issues is not the same thing as saying the movie has no flaws.

Last edited:

It also took him one second to dispose of Rey prior to dealing with Finn. Literally a flick of his wrist. It's almost as if as time passed, he became weaker. Like from a mysterious injury. And Rey became stronger, you might think that when Ren said "The more time passes, the stronger she becomes" he may have been correct.

Last edited:
How am I hiding anything? I specifically responded to some of your points and you completely avoided them. If I went further down the checklist and answered every single one, you'd still ignore it and find something else.

My answering a few of your issues is not the same thing as saying the movie has no flaws.

Ok guy. Fine, there were no problems with the plot. Absolutely none, because Bob Gray did the mental gymnastics to justify everything that occurred. Happy now?

It also took him one second to dispose of Rey prior to dealing with Finn. Literally a flick of his wrist. It's almost as if as time passed, he became weaker. Like from a mysterious injury. And Rey became stronger, you might think that when Ren said "The more time passes, the stronger she becomes" he may have been correct.

Everybody neglects that fact. If Finn isn't there he just kills her, even injured. I really don't get why people are underselling the injury he sustained. A direct baster hit=death in the star wars universe. He not only survived that, but fought both of them afterwards and it's STILL a weak showing. Somehow,

Ok guy. Fine, there were no problems with the plot. Absolutely none, because Bob Gray did the mental gymnastics to justify everything that occurred. Happy now?

You literally quoted a post of me saying the movie had flaws and attributed my position as saying there were no problems.

What is the matter with you?

You ask for responses to your criticisms and then completely ignore the answers.

Everybody neglects that fact. If Finn isn't there he just kills her, even injured. I really don't get why people are underselling the injury he sustained. A direct baster hit=death in the star wars universe. He not only survived that, but fought both of them afterwards and it's STILL a weak showing. Somehow,

I had my problems with the climax and all, but yeah. Many of peoples complaints stem from the fact that apparently JJ Abrams is too subtle for them.

You literally quoted a post of me saying the movie had flaws and attributed my position as saying there were no problems.

What is the matter with you?

You ask for responses to your criticisms and then completely ignore the answers.

No, you were trying to do the mental gymnastics to justify the ridiculous amount of fallacies. Just admit the movie had some gaping flaws and move on. Stop trying to make excuses for it. And stop getting so butthurt because I disagree with you. It's weird.

No, you were trying to do the mental gymnastics to justify the ridiculous amount of fallacies. Just admit the movie had some gaping flaws and move on. Stop trying to make excuses for it. And stop getting so butthurt because I disagree with you. It's weird.

Answers are "gymnastics"?

Like, a scene that explicitly explains something you didn't understand is some sort of logical leap on my part?

Yeah, I certainly seem pretty bent out of shape, here. What with my responding to your questions and all.

You're an odd fella. But I suppose after not being able to understand something as obvious as Rey opening the doors to let the Rathtars out, you'd probably have a difficult time understanding what people type, too.

I forgive you

tumblr_inline_o4cjxvuscn1rmhiun_540.gif

You refuse to see the flaws. That is fine. I like you anyway. Stay golden ponyboy.

I forgive you

tumblr_inline_o4cjxvuscn1rmhiun_540.gif

You refuse to see the flaws. That is fine. I like you anyway. Stay golden ponyboy.

Wish I could say the same, but I'm still not over you accusing me of liking Transformer "films"...:mad:

10-son-i-am-disappoint.jpg

Back