Star Wars: Resistance (Next Animated Series by Filoni)

I tried to force myself to watch that film again, couldn't do it. There wasn't a single scene I really enjoyed.

I watched it again on my flight home from Chicago. Thank god the flight was shorter than the movie. It's awful

I think that is good reminds of the older Japanese Anime like Space battleship Yamatto.

Any excuse to post this. Made it years ago.

full

This seems as good a place as any to post this. I just came out of the Clone Wars 10th anniversary panel at San Diego Comic Con with Filoni and company. Then big news is Clone Wars is coming back so they can finish the war appropriately.

They had a teaser trailer. It was epic as fuck. Anakin and Rex all geared up and looking up at about 50 destroyers in the sky. The animation is obviously so far ahead of where it was when CW first aired. Couldn't nab any footage but I did get this:

IMG_1785.JPG

The art doesn't bother me, but I can't say I'm excited about the time period. However Dave Filoni is the man and I'm never going to doubt that guy. Pretty sure this is going to be an awesome show.

This seems as good a place as any to post this. I just came out of the Clone Wars 10th anniversary panel at San Diego Comic Con with Filoni and company. Then big news is Clone Wars is coming back so they can finish the war appropriately.

They had a teaser trailer. It was epic as fuck. Anakin and Rex all geared up and looking up at about 50 destroyers in the sky. The animation is obviously so far ahead of where it was when CW first aired. Couldn't nab any footage but I did get this:

View attachment 408891
Nice!!! I read 12 more episodes, but it’s gonna be on Disney’s streaming service

View attachment 408891
I’m hitting up Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. Would’ve loved to hit the San Diego comic con too

I’m hitting up Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. Would’ve loved to hit the San Diego comic con too
Man, I came so close to getting tix for that. But my buddy getting married in Anaheim in July and then comic con a few weeeks later, I just couldn't spend dat Anderson Silva moneys.

Honestly the teams who wrote the Jedi Knight games or Knights of the Old Republic blow any of this new canon out of the water. Filoni has had some good moments, but gets a little too far out there at times (time travel, Kanan’s spirit inhabiting a wolf, etc).

I like Filoni. The Clone Wars cartoon filled the holes that the prequels created and made Anakin likeable and fixed his character. Rebels was very hit-and-miss but had some absolutely great moments.

I abhor TFA and TLJ and the post ROTJ story line even more than the prequels but I'll give this a go if he's involved.

No, it hasn't. Filoni's series have been remarkably good.

Much of the satellite lore from the Comics, Books, and Video Games is also quite good.

Rebels isn’t nearly as good as clone wars but it gets better as the series progressed.

THe comics have all been very very solid though.

As long as it doesn’t have that Clone Wars dogshit plush marshmellow animation style I’ll be watching it

Honestly the teams who wrote the Jedi Knight games or Knights of the Old Republic blow any of this new canon out of the water. Filoni has had some good moments, but gets a little too far out there at times (time travel, Kanan’s spirit inhabiting a wolf, etc).
That would be none other than Drew Karpshyn who is one of the finest videogame authors of all time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Karpyshyn
He wrote Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 (not the third and final installment that's narrative was nearly universally panned). He wrote the AD&D universe classics Baldur's Gate II & Neverwinter Nights, and the hidden gem on Xbox, Jade Empire. For Star Wars he wrote the Darth Bane novels, and the Old Republic novels expanding on the narrative of the KOTR game.

KOTR has a special place in my heart, and I agree I like it when the force is less mystic, and far less overwhelming in power, but Karpshyn got out there himself with the Revan series to set up The Old Republic game (putting on a mask returns all Revan's memories; the Emperor beqeaths immortality via the Force to a perceived loyalist). I'm not sure if Drew had a hand in it, but Revan ultimately dies, and it gets really, really out there after that.

That novel was succeeded, serially, by a short story by a different author called "Deceived" that is the basis for the following short film-- itself promotional material to launch the The Old Republic game by BioWare back in 2011:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Republic:_Deceived

View attachment 408891
Good

Back