Star Wars Rebels on DisneyXD

It is quite possible that Darth Maul's species is like wolverine or Lobo. They have accelerated healing or can regenerate from single drop of blood.

You miss the Rebels and TV thread yesterday mang? I was beside myself.

Were you let down too?

I mean, I wanted an epic fight. But at the same time, when Kenobi beat Maul the 1st time he was a Padawan still. Decades have passed. It speaks to how fucking incredibly strong Obi Wan became. You're forgetting this is the same guy that struck down prime Anakin/Darth Vader. Who is Maul compared to that?

This is why I don't like all the extra lore. Oh btw remember when we thought Kenobi and Vader were the last jedi and sith? Yeah there were like 30 more running around off panel, that were never mentioned at all during the trilogy.

Fuck outta here.

Star Wars Rebels S3E19 -

For those who don't know, Rebels is canon.

Ezra Bridger, a young jedi part of the early rebellion has visions of Darth Maul hunting down Kenobi.

Ezra takes an A-wing and goes to tattooine in search of Obi Wan to warn him.

Ezra collapses in the desert after his astro mech droid chopper runs out of juice.

He awakes to Kenobi standing over him. Kenobi tells him that Ezra already has what he needs (his friends) and that Maul is not his responsibility.

Maul is suddenly there. Obi Wan tells Ezra to head north and Ezra obeys him.

Maul asks Kenobi what he's doing there. Then ascertains that he is protecting something. No, someone.

Light sabers pull out. Both force wielders tense up.

Maul lunges forward with a spinning attack. Obi Wan hits him with da one hitta quitta KTFO.

As he collapses, Kenobi pulls Maul into his arms.

Maul asks if it's the chosen one. Kenobi says, 'he is'.

Maul responds, 'he will avenge us' and dies.

Das it mane.

RIP GOAT Maul.

lol so he dies just as easily here as he did in ep 1, what a can!

For those that are interested, Maul did die in Phantom Menace, but the Nightsisters (dark-side witches) resurrected him during the Clone Wars. He basically went around getting his ass kicked, was kind of sad to watch.

Years ago I read a graphic novel which had Obi-Wan and Maul meet again, similar to what we see in OP's video, but Maul had mechanical legs and though he lost his saber duel with Kenobi, it was actually Owen Lars who shot and killed Maul at the end of the duel.

Looking it up now it looks as though that version of events was "non-canon." Star Wars has so many cool stories but it's getting a bit silly having all of these different things be real for a while, and then be overwritten and no longer canon. Oh well, whatever, still fun.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Wounds

Yeah, I'm a Star Wars nerd, and I'm cool with it.

Edit: God damnit, I'm wrong, apparently Maul didn't die on Naboo. Too many conflicting stories as others have already stated.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul/Legends

"Incredibly, Maul managed to survive his defeat at the hands of Kenobi. Through seething hate that found its mark in his Jedi vanquisher, augmented by his indomitable will to live, Maul reached out with the Force and grabbed hold of an air vent to break his plunge into the shaft's darkness.[9] He continued his fall down the reactor shaft, landing in water. Eventually his still-conscious, severed though cauterized body-half was dumped into a container and taken to Lotho Minor. As he lay submerged, Maul fell at last into unconsciousness, cursing Kenobi"

Last edited:
I mean, I wanted an epic fight. But at the same time, when Kenobi beat Maul the 1st time he was a Padawan still. Decades have passed. It speaks to how fucking incredibly strong Obi Wan became. You're forgetting this is the same guy that struck down prime Anakin/Darth Vader. Who is Maul compared to that?
Although Vader was strong on Mustafar, that wasn't him in his prime. Vader was at his peak in the Return of the Jedi.

This is why I don't like all the extra lore. Oh btw remember when we thought Kenobi and Vader were the last jedi and sith? Yeah there were like 30 more running around off panel, that were never mentioned at all during the trilogy.

Fuck outta here.

This is why I don't even bother with anything outside the movies.

For those that are interested, Maul did die in Phantom Menace, but the Nightsisters (dark-side witches) resurrected him during the Clone Wars. He basically went around getting his ass kicked, was kind of sad to watch.

Years ago I read a graphic novel which had Obi-Wan and Maul meet again, similar to what we see in OP's video, but Maul had mechanical legs and though he lost his saber duel with Kenobi, it was actually Owen Lars who shot and killed Maul at the end of the duel.

Looking it up now it looks as though that version of events was "non-canon." Star Wars has so many cool stories but it's getting a bit silly having all of these different things be real for a while, and then be overwritten and no longer canon. Oh well, whatever, still fun.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Wounds

Yeah, I'm a Star Wars nerd, and I'm cool with it.

Edit: God damnit, I'm wrong, apparently Maul didn't die on Naboo. Too many conflicting stories as others have already stated.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul/Legends

"Incredibly, Maul managed to survive his defeat at the hands of Kenobi. Through seething hate that found its mark in his Jedi vanquisher, augmented by his indomitable will to live, Maul reached out with the Force and grabbed hold of an air vent to break his plunge into the shaft's darkness.[9] He continued his fall down the reactor shaft, landing in water. Eventually his still-conscious, severed though cauterized body-half was dumped into a container and taken to Lotho Minor. As he lay submerged, Maul fell at last into unconsciousness, cursing Kenobi"

y6xkngp0bnummsxxyhel.png

This is from an early prequel where a young Darth Maul was an aspiring video game programmer.

This is why I don't even bother with anything outside the movies.

The expanded universe and prequels ruined what made the originals special. At the start of Star Wars you have two guys left with these mysterious space magic powers. Kenobi and Vader. And you see early how dangerous they both are. Then Kenobi dies and holy shit, it's just Vader and the wildcard the Emperor, and you don't even know what he can do. And all the good side has is a super green Luke.

Once you add like 50 other dudes with the force, who are all way stronger than anything shown in the movie, it kills the mystique. And it ruins the narrative of Kenobi hiding out in the desert waiting for Luke to grow up.

The expanded universe and prequels ruined what made the originals special. At the start of Star Wars you have two guys left with these mysterious space magic powers. Kenobi and Vader. And you see early how dangerous they both are. Then Kenobi dies and holy shit, it's just Vader and the wildcard the Emperor, and you don't even know what he can do. And all the good side has is a super green Luke.

Once you add like 50 other dudes with the force, who are all way stronger than anything shown in the movie, it kills the mystique. And it ruins the narrative of Kenobi hiding out in the desert waiting for Luke to grow up.
There wasn't really any one else who could challenge Palpatine, even in the EU. Only Luke in his Prime could contend with Sidious. There were some older Jedi and sith who had similar power but they were long dead. I personally like the lore and it's expansion on certain events. But I could understand why some dislike the EU too.

Darth Bane Novels are well done. As well as Obi-Wans Novel. Shame they are both non-canon now.

There wasn't really any one else who could challenge Palpatine, even in the EU. Only Luke in his Prime could contend with Sidious. There were some older Jedi and sith who had similar power but they were long dead. I personally like the lore and it's expansion on certain events. But I could understand why some dislike the EU too.

Darth Bane Novels are well done. As well as Obi-Wans Novel. Shame they are both non-canon now.

Yeah I know a lot of people are pissed about Disney killing off the old lore. The EU just added a ton of power creep. No problem with that I guess, but adding tons of jedi and sith behind the scenes messes up the storyline so much.

I prefer the KOTOR route of telling stories from thousands of years ago, that frees you from having to worry about messing up continuity.

Can someone give me the rundown on which animated series it's best to start with? Are The Clone Wars and Rebels the only two?

Can someone give me the rundown on which animated series it's best to start with? Are The Clone Wars and Rebels the only two?
Star wars the clone wars 2008 is a good place to start. You can watch the 2003 series too but that is considered non canon now. Both versions take place between episode 2 and 3. Still both shows are well made. 2003 is 2-d and 2008 is 3d. Rebels would be next. Takes place 14/15 years after Revenge of the sith. Rebels isn't is good as the earlier tv series but it's still ok.

Yeah I know a lot of people are pissed about Disney killing off the old lore. The EU just added a ton of power creep. No problem with that I guess, but adding tons of jedi and sith behind the scenes messes up the storyline so much.

I prefer the KOTOR route of telling stories from thousands of years ago, that frees you from having to worry about messing up continuity.

Some good points here, especially about setting KOTOR so far in the past that it's basically a brand new and open universe. EU has some amazing stories and when I heard there was another trilogy I had figured (wrongly, of course) that it would be tied to the Jedi Academy story, or the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. I was pretty upset to learn that they were re-writing Star Wars history and giving us what looks to be remakes of the original trilogy. I was super excited for Force Awakens but really it's just a remake of New Hope and really in a bad way. I can go on for hours about how Kylo Ren and Rey should not be equally matched in any shape / form / fashion, but that argument has been beat to death already.

Oh well, I guess... but yeah, was really bummed out when I heard the EU had basically been deleted. How amazing would the Vong invasion have been on screen?

Star wars the clone wars 2008 is a good place to start. You can watch the 2003 series too but that is considered non canon now. Both versions take place between episode 2 and 3. Still both shows are well made. 2003 is 2-d and 2008 is 3d. Rebels would be next. Takes place 14/15 years after Revenge of the sith. Rebels isn't is good as the earlier tv series but it's still ok.

Thanks

God damn, what the hell? So is the only thing that is canon now the movies and Clone Wars cartoons?

Back