Star Wars Rebels on DisneyXD

Oh yeah, loved Maul's line to Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka when he refers to them as "two jedi and a part-timer!" Loved his little digs throughout the episode to Ahsoka

What? How many episodes did Darth Maul appear in? Haven't been following this. Just fast fwd'ing when DVR catches it.

I watched the clone wars and I catch an episode here and there of rebels but have not really been following it. I caught the finale yesterday at 1 am just randomly and was pleasantly surprised. If I am remembering correctly the second to last season if the clone wars focused a lot on maul and the final season of the show just glossed over his story line which was one I was looking forward to seeing how it concluded. Seeing him in Rebels I might have to go back and find some of the previous episodes and now catch the next season. Again good episode.

Yeah I don't see Ahsoka beating Vader. She grew stronger sure but Vader is in another league. The explosion may have broken them apart and interrupted their duel. Vader seemed pretty adamant on killing her. It's not until Vader meets his son does he show any signs of wavering or turning back to the light.

True, he's an absolute beast. The only reason I think she might have beaten him is because I think he may not have been able to duel long with his mask damaged, plus she was trained by him, so while less powerful, maybe she was able to wear him down? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out.

I love how plotting Maul is. Always calculating. I think the next season is going to focus on Maul trying to turn Ezra.

I think so too. I'm super curious to see if and how they kill off Ahsoka and Maul.

I think the way this season ended, the next season will be much better than the first two.

Spectacular finale. Too lazy to re-write my thoughts, so I copied what I wrote in Dragon's Star Wars thread

That season finale for Rebels was frickin phenomenal television. Anyone who has watched the Clone Wars should watch that finale. For me, that one episode was the best single episode of all the animated series for the Clone Wars and Rebels.

Fight scenes were great, the musical score right at the end was amazing, gets you right in the feels. Can't wait until the next season now, just a great, great ending. Only wished this show was more consistent with great episodes like that, too much filler in the season but every now and then they would give us a memorable episode.

If you haven't seen it, avoid my review in the spoilers because it contains tons of them.

Maul was fun. The guy who voices him is fantastic. Gave him that feeble Yoda-like quality at first like when Luke met Yoda for the first time. Even some of the lines, like 'why are you here? I mean you no harm' Plus his usage of the cane, even though it concealed his light saber.

Then throughout the episode, you feel his voice getting stronger and meaner and then when they ask about Ezra, and he says "You mean my apprentice?" And then just the look on Ahsoka and Kanan's faces were awesome.

***Question about the Kanan blinding.***

Maul was attacking and Kanan got his light saber up to block, but what caused the blinding. Was it the sparking of the clash of sabers right into his eyes that caused his blindness?

Then Vader making his appearance into the temple was epic. Standing on top of his Tie Fighter as it descends, just awesome.

rebia15561jpg-19da66_765w.jpg

Then the Snips/Skyguy confrontation was just great. Vader states "Anakin was weak so I destroyed him" or something like that. Then when Vader tells Ahsoka that revenge is not the jedi way to which she responds "I'm no jedi!" Damn, that gave me goosebumps because you know they're about to throw down.

Great battle between them. Vader took round 1, was mostly on the offensive and then force pushed her off the edge. But Ahsoka coming right back and slashing his mask was a thing of beauty.

The Vader wheezing, voice changing to Anakin's voice was good

Finally, not sure if Ahsoka is dead or not. I know they show her re-entering the temple but not sure if that's a force ghost or what. I've heard that Dave Filoni says she is dead. Hope that's not true.

Ezra sobbing on the journey home. And then unlocking the sith holocron, can't wait to see how he develops next season

Also, Vader destroyed Ezra's light saber, can't wait to see what he constructs for next season

Agreed.

I couldn't tell what blinded Kanan either. I thought maybe Maul slashed his eyes at first, but I'm not sure. I'm going to have to watch it again.

I also love how the show isn't trying to hide the fact that's it's basically an Aladdin clone in some regards. When Ezra entered the Sith temple with Maul (who was pretending to be a frail old man), it reminded me of the scene in which Aladdin retrieves the lamp for Jafar.

I also love how the show isn't trying to hide the fact that's it's basically an Aladdin clone in some regards. When Ezra entered the Sith temple with Maul (who was pretending to be a frail old man), it reminded me of the scene in which Aladdin retrieves the lamp for Jafar.

Interesting, unfortunately I don't remember Aladdin very well. Star Wars borrowing from other movies / shows is well documented so it wouldn't surprise me.

Ahsoka may be the most heroic character in all of star wars, or at least the best character.

After everything in clove wars she's still fighting along side the jedi, still fighting against the dark side even though the light side turned on her.

Pure fucking badass.

And that episode was the best thing since the original movies.

I'm going to watch it again soon. So good. Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters.

I'm guessing she either had a very interesting conversation with Vader and they parted ways or they fought, she beat him and let him live. With his mask messed up he probably only had so much breathing time anyway.

Edit: Ahsoka, not Asoka, hah, good grief.

I read today that there's going to be an Ahsoka book coming out but I didn't recognize the author.

Who's seen it? Best episode yet. I've found the show to be hit-and-miss (season 2 in particular I feel has had a lot of filler) but good enough to keep my attention, and I really like the characters.

For those who have seen it, I'll answer a question you may have had (if you didn't notice). Be warned:

BoilingDearestHapuka.gif

Interesting, saw this shirt being sold online, regarding that scene

I'll ask my 4 year old if he's seen it yet.

It was better than the last movie.

Is that the cartoon? Watched a couple of episodes but stopped (no idea why). Is it really that good? Might have to watch it then.

Is that the cartoon? Watched a couple of episodes but stopped (no idea why). Is it really that good? Might have to watch it then.

It's a bit hit-and-miss in my opinion, but the characters are great and the story is really starting to get interesting. The last episode was fantastic.

They're starting to implement some legends stuff as well.

New clip for the new season, Ezra has short hair and a new light saber

Filoni seems geared up to take Rebels the same direction he took Clone Wars now. He probably kept it light in season one to make sure Disney was on board for the long haul.

I'd honestly be interested in a Rebels style cartoon in the TFA setting. Would probably be easier to write for, in terms of canon.

Back