STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah pretty much, he's just a relatively safe film maker for me really devoid of true inspiration or ambition, sadly these days that doesn't seem to be any barrier to having a career that runs right to the top.

Besides being devoid of originality and lacking strong character stories TFA for me was also played in a rather cartoonish fashion tone wise and visually was lacking the subtley of the originals or Rogue One, Abrams eye is about as subtle as a sledgehammer much of the time.

To be fair I think if Johnson does a good job with the next film he might well have more to work with giving us a better result than TFA yet I simply don't think the man is capable of creating great cinema.

Well I hope he heard all the jokes and complains on the movie and he will have some ambition inside to show us he can do better.

Then again the dude has a movie with over 2 bill cash intake, number 2 across all time, he could very well think he is the man and haters gonna hate.. look what happened with this Colin guy, the my shit don't stink approach seem to be something very human for someone having great success in his field.

They don't dislike him because hes a good villain. They don't like him because hes miscast. I thought he was fine until he took his mask off. Now he seems like a little bitch

You haven't yet realized that's the character. That's the way he is written.

Put any actor in that role with the same story and you have the same results.

Just say you would like a different bad guy all together. The actor is almost meaningless because the direction comes from the actual director.

So this is how Ren is written and the way he is supposed to be as a character.

You haven't yet realized that's the character. That's the way he is written.

Put any actor in that role with the same story and you have the same results.

Just say you would like a different bad guy all together. The actor is almost meaningless because the direction comes from the actual director.

So this is how Ren is written and the way he is supposed to be as a character.

yes and its not a good villain. My point stands

yes and its not a good villain. My point stands

One movie in and the character needs 3 movies to compete his arc. Time will tell

I liked that he was a whiny little baby and doesn't know what he's doing. Makes him seem more desperate.

I wouldn't say I disliked Rey or Finn but honestly I didn't find them very memorable either, its pretty much up to Johnson to make those characters interesting.

I called it! I fucking called it!

My posts, from last week's thread...

"
header-jj-abrams-discusses-his-approach-to-star-wars-episode-vii.jpg

Please...?

Pretty Please?

Fuck you if you don't get JJ, Pretty Please?"

"Oh I wholeheartedly agree about the script, but Ep7's directing is 10/10.

Its strange that everyone blamed Zack Snyder for BvS's gigantic script problems.

And NOBODY is blaming the directors of each of GoT's S7 directors for this season's scripts being shit.

Say what you want about Episode 7, and I'll probably agree with most of it, but JJ's directing was it's one aspect that shouldn't be addressed as a complaint because it discredits the rest of the movie's issues, and you'd be viewed as a hater/nitpicker."

I am so fucking pumped for this.
Did you miss who was writing this with JJ? Chris "Why do you know that NAME?!?!" Terrio.

They don't dislike him because hes a good villain. They don't like him because hes miscast. I thought he was fine until he took his mask off. Now he seems like a little bitch

tumblr_inline_mrzwnm3wsp1qz4rgp.jpg

TFA aged about as poorly as Avatar for me. Really visually impressive but felt like a copy pasta of another movie. The new characters are terrible especially vagina incarnate Kylo Ren. Daisy Ridley is bland as fuck and Finn is shitty comic relief. Don't get why Oscar Issac got such a small role compared to those 3 cans. Sadly they killed off the best character in the film while destroying the Death Star (yet again).

Wtf is the 1st Order? Why does the big bad guy look like some bland generic villain? Why did his bitch get worked over by 2 complete novices? What was the point of another Death Star? Why am I supposed to care about these characters when they've been introduced so poorly?

I just can't believe after 30 year that was the best they could come up with. Would have been better just pulling from the EU. As bad a the prequels were at diologue and story at times, they did a much better job introducing cool characters and locations (Jar Jar excluded of course). Wish they could just take a mulligan, but if Episode 8 sucks I might be done.

tumblr_inline_mrzwnm3wsp1qz4rgp.jpg

TFA aged about as poorly as Avatar for me. Really visually impressive but felt like a copy pasta of another movie. The new characters are terrible especially vagina incarnate Kylo Ren. Daisy Ridley is bland as fuck and Finn is shitty comic relief. Don't get why Oscar Issac got such a small role compared to those 3 cans. Sadly they killed off the best character in the film while destroying the Death Star (yet again).

Wtf is the 1st Order? Why does the big bad guy look like some bland generic villain? Why did his bitch get worked over by 2 complete novices? What was the point of another Death Star? Why am I supposed to care about these characters when they've been introduced so poorly?

I just can't believe after 30 year that was the best they could come up with. Would have been better just pulling from the EU. As bad a the prequels were at diologue and story at times, they did a much better job introducing cool characters and locations (Jar Jar excluded of course). Wish they could just take a mulligan, but if Episode 8 sucks I might be done.

I'm pretty close to being done with this franchise. I think ill give this next one a shot because its a different director but TFA was some of the most horrible story telling ive ever scene. It was just flat out lazy.

Finn was a very shitty character for me. I wish they cast black panther (forgot his name) instead, now that's a great up and coming actor. Rey was underwhelming but I think tolerable. I also agree that Oscar should of been given a lot more parts.

Kylo is a villain that I don't fear or care for. I hope snoke breaks his neck and becomes the real villain. Its really not the writing perse. When ren has his mask on his very intimidating but with out it I want to laugh at him, like youre trying to hard

I'm pretty close to being done with this franchise. I think ill give this next one a shot because its a different director but TFA was some of the most horrible story telling ive ever scene. It was just flat out lazy.

Finn was a very shitty character for me. I wish they cast black panther (forgot his name) instead, now that's a great up and coming actor. Rey was underwhelming but I think tolerable. I also agree that Oscar should of been given a lot more parts.

Kylo is a villain that I don't fear or care for. I hope snoke breaks his neck and becomes the real villain. Its really not the writing perse. When ren has his mask on his very intimidating but with out it I want to laugh at him, like youre trying to hard

Agreed 100%. Hope he gets Dooku'd in Episode 8. How do you go from this:

darth-vader-a-new-hope-2.jpg

To this:

darth_maul1.jpg

To this?

latest

Sadly, I feel the same way. I'll go see Last Jedi, but they need to absolutely kill it, or I'm out. FA wasn't bad, but that's not good enough. Not for Star Wars. Kylo better start honouring his grandfather's legacy. I want to see him curb-stomp Rey. No more of this May Sue shite. Kylo needs to push Rey's shit in, or he loses any credibility as a Big Bad.

Agreed 100%. Hope he gets Dooku'd in Episode 8. How do you go from this:

darth-vader-a-new-hope-2.jpg

To this:

darth_maul1.jpg

To this?

latest

Darth Maul would prison-rape Ren and tell Rey to go make him a sandwhich:)

Also, they need to figure out a way to bring Darth Night King back into cannon. Son, clone, I don't give a fuck. Just bring back Maul and MSWGA:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back