STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been staggering amount of abject denial of personal responsibility during these discussions. What's fun though is you can identify the exact kind of jerk they are by the epithets they project outwards. It's almost one-to-one I'm Rubber And You're Glue.

What are people failing to take responsibility for?

Not looking forward to IX at all to be honest. I’m still going to watch it just because I’m a fan of the original three.

Meh

Nah. How bow we agree to disagree without the song and dance?

Whatever. I honestly don't know what you're talking about or how personal responsibility has come into play in this thread.

Does anyone say yes to "agree to disagree?"

Sure, I'll agree to disagree. I'm assuming about The Last Jedi. But my post was asking you what you meant about personal responsibility. I hadn't stated an opinion to disagree with, because I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, I'm fine to not have it clarified.

Would you prefer that I criticize The Last Jedi in a more boring fashion?
{<jordan}

witty... high five?

You should at least admit that you're bashing it. That's a step in the right direction. :D Then just admit you enjoy bashing it & we'll be getting somewhere. To be honest, I have no idea why you would be spending this much time in a thread about something you don't enjoy unless you are getting some enjoyment from bashing it.

I didn't say it was equivalent. I said it was analogous. And to be ultra-specific, I was speaking of the contrast between the good and bad parts of the film, describing the relationship between the two experiences (good scenes and bad scenes) rather than assigning absolute values to either.

I don't want to split hairs, but if you are going to split hairs with my previous post, I guess it is incumbent upon me to show how you have split the hairs slightly in error.
You're so far gone you can't even admit that relating parts of TLJ as an analogy for eating a BOWL FULL (not even just a bite) of dog shit is over the top. You're trying to lawyer talk your way out of it like your parner Newbman.

For top level trolling contact the law offices of Bi, Newbman, & Parker :p

When have I ever bashed anything Star Wars related that was not in the movies? I have never consumed any Star Wars that was not the movies and have stated so. What parts of these things that I don't even know of was I bashing?

You have bashed the use of it's content as irrelevant in any discussion about the movies. That's the same thing. Fact is that it's all valid & it's time to thin the heard from those who are stuck in the outdated way of doing thingz. We got this incredibly rich universe full of content & if you & your people want to ignore it then that's fine... but there's a new way of doing things now & it all ties together & we don't need you holding us down. In fact most of the people who have this point of view don't even like anything but the original trilogy... so just give it up bro. Your time as a Star Wars fan has come & gone. (you'll always have the originalz though)

Sorry bud.. but you're out. We're in. Get on board or GTFO.
<Fedor23>

Last edited:
So you think from the get go the plan was to fuck up the character of Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin (darth) vader, and make him look like a retarded old fool. Really? Please tell me how this makes sense.
I agree with your sentiment that they over did it. I feel that too... but it just doesn't ruin the movie for me. I get why they did it. and yes, I do think they did it on purpose because they have an agenda to move future movies away from the Jedi & Sith religions... & as such, you cannot bring in a happy go lucky & perfect life Luke. If you're going to explain why the Jedi must end, you have to show a Luke in which the Jedi teachings did not work out so well for.

Again, I'm not saying that's the best route to take or that I would've went that route myself, but if you're going to move the platform away from Jedi/Sith then you gotta do something like that. I think they could've achieved it without being as hard with Luke as they were, but I do understand why they did it & I'm fine with it. It is what it is. I can look past my pretense & accept it for what it is.

When have I ever bashed anything Star Wars related that was not in the movies? I have never consumed any Star Wars that was not the movies and have stated so. What parts of these things that I don't even know of was I bashing?

You have bashed the use of it's content as irrelevant in any discussion about the movies. That's the same thing. Fact is that it's all valid & it's time to thin the heard from those who are stuck in the outdated way of doing thingz. We got this incredibly rich universe full of content & if you & your people want to ignore it then that's fine... but there's a new way of doing things now & it all ties together & we don't need you holding us down. In fact most of the people who have this point of view don't even like anything but the original trilogy... so just give it up bro. Your time as a Star Wars fan has come & gone.

Sorry bud.. but you're out. We're in. Get on board or GTFO.
<Fedor23>

Holy cow, man. It is NOT the same thing. It's not even close to the same thing. Stating that something is irrelevant to a given topic is not bashing it or making any value judgment about it.

The auxiliary books or whatever you're talking about could be great. It doesn't matter to the topic of the quality of the film The Last Jedi.

You're making big logical missteps at stage one.

I agree with your sentiment that they over did it. I feel that too... but it just doesn't ruin the movie for me. I get why they did it. and yes, I do think they did it on purpose because they have an agenda to move future movies away from the Jedi & Sith religions... & as such, you cannot bring in a happy go lucky & perfect life Luke. If you're going to explain why the Jedi must end, you have to show a Luke in which the Jedi teachings did not work out so well for.

Again, I'm not saying that's the best route to take or that I would've went that route myself, but if you're going to move the platform away from Jedi/Sith then you gotta do something like that. I think they could've achieved it without being as hard with Luke as they were, but I do understand why they did it & I'm fine with it. It is what it is. I can look past my pretense & accept it for what it is.

Get away from the Jedi religion and sith? THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE THATS WORTH ANYTHING.

There is literally common sense and good old fashion wisdom in it, so Hollywood needs to destroy it. That's why Hollywood basically needs to be destroyed.

Sure, I'll agree to disagree. I'm assuming about The Last Jedi. But my post was asking you what you meant about personal responsibility. I hadn't stated an opinion to disagree with, because I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, I'm fine to not have it clarified.
I appreciate it.

Thank you.

Holy cow, man. It is NOT the same thing. It's not even close to the same thing. Stating that something is irrelevant to a given topic is not bashing it or making any value judgment about it.

The auxiliary books or whatever you're talking about could be great. It doesn't matter to the topic of the quality of the film The Last Jedi.

You're making big logical missteps at stage one.
I disagree. It's only illogical because you & your supporters are stuck in the past while this grand world of Canon is happening all around you. It's all cohesive & it all works together. You and the other "movie only people" have criticized me over & over for answering a question about the movie with something that happened in canon outside of the movie. I played your game for a while & still found that the movie stands on its own... but it's so much richer with the added content of canon. You completely disregard it like it isn't real.

Your insistence that it doesn't count unless it's in the movie is outdated & we're moving on without you. I'm sorry about that, but you had your time as a star wars fan & that time has now passed.

It's like rather than spend 30 minutes on Wookieepedia looking up what their question is, they'd rather spend 500 man hours on social media complaining about it because of some outdated insistence of only looking at film through blinders.

The old way is out. & that's fine if you don't like it.. we can thin the herd... & that's okay.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I actually liked the last jedi, but AS ONLY A STAND ALONE MOVIE. If it would have been based in some other time/space than the star wars universe I actually would like it. I thought it was okay as a stand alone, but as part of a trilogy, oh fuck no! You make Anakin this incredibly rich character who struggles with the light/dark side for three movies, then gives into the hate becoming one of the best villans in cinema, but his son just shits the bed after return of the jedi. I guess I was wrong the whole time. The movies were really about Anakin, not Luke.

mentext19.gif

I disagree. It's only illogical because you & your supporters are stuck in the past while this grand world of Canon is happening all around you. It's all cohesive & it all works together. You and the other "movie only people" have criticized me over & over for answering a question about the movie with something that happened in canon outside of the movie. I played your game for a while & still found that the movie stands on its own... but it's so much richer with the added content of canon. You completely disregard it like it isn't real.

Your insistence that it doesn't count unless it's in the movie is outdated & we're moving on without you. I'm sorry about that, but you had your time as a star wars fan & that time has now passed.

It's like rather than spend 30 minutes on Wookieepedia looking up what their question is, they'd rather spend 500 man hours on social media complaining about it because of some outdated insistence of only looking at film through blinders.

The old way is out. & that's fine if you don't like it.. we can thin the herd... & that's okay.

That's not how movies work.

12ohcl.jpg

Last edited:
Get away from the Jedi religion and sith? THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE THATS WORTH ANYTHING.

There is literally common sense and good old fashion wisdom in it, so Hollywood needs to destroy it. That's why Hollywood basically needs to be destroyed.
I'm not following you at all.

I'm saying simply that Disney has an agenda to move beyond the jedi & Sith religions. The force still exists & there's many other religions they can go with or create a new one. For some reason though, it seems obvious to me that they want to move into something else beyond the Jedi & Sith religions. That's why you see all this stuff pop up about the Whills. The Whills pre-dates Jedi/Sith.

So if Disney's agenda is to move beyond Jedi/sith... then they obviously can't have a Luke in which everything is just peachy keen. They have to use Luke to explain why the religion died. Again.. I think they could've been nicer & achieved that same end... but it is what it is.

That's not how movies work.

12ohcl.jpg

That's also not how logic works.
I hear you old timer.

Like I said. We're moving on without you. Sorry about that. You seem like a decent fella with a head on your shoulders, but if you can't vibe with the new way of doing thingz then there's no reason for you to keep hanging on. As best I can tell, you haven't liked anything since the original trilogy anyway... so just let it go. What else do you need to know before you realize that you're only a fan of those.... but not the entire Star Wars experience?

Now a dayz we got a ton of very cool stuff going on all over the place that all fits into a cohesive univers... with new content coming out every week & it's really exciting. I put my blinders on for a while in the past & looked just at the movies for the sake of these conversations... & in my opinion they are complete in themselves... so all good imo. They are however infinitely richer with all the Canon information added to it. I can't even put those blinders on any more to discuss things from the MOP point of view any more. I've moved on just as the Star Wars universe has moved on.

If you cannot move on from your outdated ideas about what a Star Wars experience should be... then I'm sure you'll find something else to enjoy... it's all good. There's no need to hang onto the past here... because Star Wars has taken things to a Hole Notha Level. Get on board bro. It's a lot of fun over here on the canon side of thingz.

Last edited:
I guess we can agree to disagree. I actually liked the last jedi, but AS ONLY A STAND ALONE MOVIE. If it would have been based in some other time/space than the star wars universe I actually would like it. I thought it was okay as a stand alone, but as part of a trilogy, oh fuck no! You make Anakin this incredibly rich character who struggles with the light/dark side for three movies, then gives into the hate becoming one of the best villans in cinema, but his son just shits the bed after return of the jedi. I guess I was wrong the whole time. The movies were really about Anakin, not Luke.
Luke was only on Ach-To for a couple of years as best as I can tell, though that's not set in stone. You're reducing all the cool sh*t he did during his whole life to be meaningless due to shutting himself off from the force & getting a little depressed for just a couple years. Even if it was longer... it's just a bit of depression.

He actually saved the day in the end & gave his life for it. That seems to be something a lot of people forget to mention when they explain how distraught they were about the "not my Luke" stuff. For me, the acceptance was all about my pretense. now that's easy enough to read... but if you actually feel out how we all anticipated what we wanted Luke to be like for all that time between the 2 movies & then you recognize the shock you felt when you saw what happened... it's a huge variance. I was shocked myself. I recognized my pretense though & watched it again with a more open mind and was starting to get it. On 3rd viewing I was completely over my pretense & I watched it how it was intended & was fine with it. It's not what I had envisioned but it is what it is.

I've seen it 7 times now & so I've looked at this issue from all angles & it's all good. I think they could've achieved the same result while being nicer but it doesn't kill the movie that they didn't.

These walls of texts... i skip over them everytime, even if im quoted.

That declared, "started filming?" Started?!

the plan was to fuck up the character of Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin (darth) vader, and make him look like a retarded old fool. Really?

Did you stay till the end of the movie ? :D

Just busting balls all in good fun but in the end Luke became the hero once again, he picked up that 'laser sword' he tossed in the beginning and you know what he might have done his best work yet in regards to his pacifistic tactics and so no one got harmed.. it was like the ideal old Jedi master moment.

l31wwHr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back