STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight made perfect sense to me. I didn't have trouble making sense of what happened. My issue is I didn't like what happened and I wasn't enjoying it at all. Not only that the movie just in general was kind of boring.

If they make 9 good that's awesome but it still wont make me think 8 is now a good movie.
I'm not saying that you didn't understand it... I'm saying that things will have more & different meaning once it's fit into the whole story. Whatever though. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I enjoyed it & I'm eagerly anticipating the next one. We'll see how the resistance feelz in once the whole story is told.

Except for Chewy. He will still be but only slightly above middle aged even if they jump forward a decade... lol... Out of a 400 year life expectancy... Chewy's only 234 in Ep. 7 & 8

He looked more shaggy in Empire and Return.. he got some spa time for Force Awakens.

I don't know man. It's like The Last Jedi was so freaking bad we have to go to Naboo to cleanse the palate.

Two years ago, Naboo was one of those things we just don't talk about. Now, well, at least it's not The Last Jedi.

Poor JJ. He had to rehash A New Hope to make us forget about the prequels. Now he has to actually rehash the prequels to make us forget about The Last Jedi.
Just a friendly reminder here that not everyone disliked the prequels or TLJ. The resistance is just the louder more annoying ones who attack social media over & over which gives the illusion that they are the majority. I know you guys like to say these things as if they are fact & that everybody feels the same way, but that is very far from the truth. The people that like it just don't care to engage in these debates. You guys have been complaining every single day for the last 9 months since TLJ came out. Not many people who actuallly like a movie are going to have that kind of staying power while listening to a movie they love get bashed so much.

I'm not saying that you didn't understand it... I'm saying that things will have more & different meaning once it's fit into the whole story. Whatever though. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I enjoyed it & I'm eagerly anticipating the next one. We'll see how the resistance feelz in once the whole story is told.

Yea I think your being way to hopeful about them pulling off some crazy movie that just puts all the things together. Looking at 7 & 8 I've seen nothing that leads me to believe they are able to pull something like that off. Is it possible sure but I doubt it happens.

Just a friendly reminder here that not everyone disliked the prequels or TLJ. The resistance is just the louder more annoying ones who attack social media over & over which gives the illusion that they are the majority. I know you guys like to say these things as if they are fact & that everybody feels the same way, but that is very far from the truth. The people that like it just don't care to engage in these debates. You guys have been complaining every single day for the last 9 months since TLJ came out. Not many people who actuallly like a movie are going to have that kind of staying power while listening to a movie they love get bashed so much.

The prequels were avoided entirely in The Force Awakens, and that was no accident. I'll agree that the prequels have gained some appreciation over the last...nine months or so. They have the example set by The Last Jedi to thank for that.

As to disliking The Last Jedi, and saying so on here... It's a Star Wars discussion thread. I wouldn't tell you not to defend the movie. If you want to start a Last Jedi Lovers only thread, I'll stay out of it.

I voice my opinion on it because it was made with such grotesque intentions, in my view, that it doesn't deserve the privilege of being swept under the rug and out of sight. It is very much a special case. I've written in these threads about the dangers for writing and filmmaking as a whole if what Johnson has done here is admired and emulated.

If you like the movie, defend it if you wish. I won't stop you. I don't mind reading an opposing opinion.

But I hope what Rian Johnson did here is never repeated.

Last edited:
I'll agree that the prequels have gained some appreciation over the last...nine months or so. They have example set by The Last Jedi to thank for that.
I heard someone mention that & I don't know if it's true or not... but I'm talking about people who have never had any problem with them to begin with. Sherdog is my first social media outlet I've ever participated in... & I never paid attention to movie reviews or anything like that prior to this. I made it though all 3 prequel movies loving every minute of it. I even like Darth Jar Jar. He's a little silly, but nothing like the resistance makes him out to be imo.

I was shocked by how much resistance is out there. At this point now, I've heard all the gripes... I just don't agree with it.

As to disliking The Last Jedi, and saying so on here... It's a Star Wars discussion thread. I wouldn't tell you not to defend the movie. If you want to start a Last Jedi Lovers only thread, I'll stay out of it.

You're missing my point. I'm not telling you not to express your point of view. I'm saying that you worded your response in a way that makes it seem like everyone agrees with you... & I'm just giving a friendly reminder that isn't true.

I pointed out the resistance's insistence on continuing to bash it... only to make the point that most people who like something are not going to be so dedicated so as to defend it for 9 months. The frenzy to hate on something is a succulent flavor that people love to run their engines with. They get with others who get the same payoff & they get a group that just feeds off each other & the whole thing gets exaggerated. That same energy does not exist for the support.

Mostly, for the support... it's a drag to listen to. It's not even "different points of view" that are the drag... the worse part is the blatant hater talk. like "this movie sux & that actor sux & this whole thing is a pile of sh*t." That's the stuff that runs the support out of these threads. It has nothing to do with the resistance being the majority. They are not... they are just the ones who are the most active on these social media sites for the above reasons.

I pointed out the resistance's insistence on continuing to bash it... only to make the point that most people who like something are not going to be so dedicated so as to defend it for 9 months. The frenzy to hate on something is a succulent flavor that people love to run their engines with. They get with others who get the same payoff & they get a group that just feeds off each other & the whole thing gets exaggerated. That same energy does not exist for the support.

Would you say you've seen me hate on anything else on this forum, participating in said hate frenzies and pursuing said payoffs?

Yea I think your being way to hopeful about them pulling off some crazy movie that just puts all the things together. Looking at 7 & 8 I've seen nothing that leads me to believe they are able to pull something like that off. Is it possible sure but I doubt it happens.
It's already been planned out.

I actually find it hard to understand the number of people that believe there was never an overall plan to this trilogy. (despite Rian's quote from before he started) Like they just handed it over to Rian & let him do whatever he wanted with their 4 billion dollar asset. Meanwhile, they're over there micromanaging Solo & firing the director for creative differences. I think that quote may have been before they briefed him on their direction. Maybe they said... "here do whatever you want" just to see what he would come up with... but in no way was that freedom of choice not retconned by the story group that he physically moved in with for 4 months while he was writing the script.

I believe the details were allowed to be altered & made up on the fly... but no way they didn't have a clear road paved out. Lucas even mentioned that they layed out all their intentions to him shortly after the sale.

No way did they kill the Jedi order which is at the heart of the whole mythology just because that's what Rian wanted to do. No, that came from above, just like Disney doesn't want midichlorians to enter into anything Disney makes. So everything that happened in TLJ has a purpose & a plan toward the whole. I feel that they could've given more answers in TLJ... but when they looked at the whole... for whatever reason... they decided to make this end stone cold & hold the answers off for the finale.

I'm almost 100% convinced that Snoke is Darth Plagueis. As the resistance keeps saying... that "there's only one more movie... & how are you going to answer all these questions in one movie." Well with just a few minutes of screen time you can introduce an entire backstory that encompasses all 11 films & brings everything to a nice continuity. From there we still have another 2 hours of movie left for everything else to fit neatly into that world.

Last edited:
I actually find it hard to understand the number of people that believe there was never an overall plan to this trilogy. (despite Rian's quote from before he started) Like they just handed it over to Rian & let him do whatever he wanted with their 4 billion dollar asset. Meanwhile, they're over there micromanaging Solo & firing the director for creative differences. I think that quote may have been before they briefed him on their direction. Maybe they said... "here do whatever you want" just to see what he would come up with... but in no way was that freedom of choice not retconned by the story group that he physically moved in with for 4 months while he was writing the script.

I believe the details were allowed to be altered & made up on the fly... but no way they didn't have a clear road paved out. No way did they kill the Jedi order which is at the heart of the whole mythology just because that's what Rian wanted to do. No, that came from above, just like Disney doesn't want midichlorians to enter into anything Disney makes. So everything that happened in TLJ has a purpose & a plan toward the whole. I feel that they could've given more answers in TLJ... but when they looked at the whole... for whatever reason... they decided to make this end stone cold & hold the answers off for the finale.

I'm almost 100% convinced that Snoke is Darth Plagueis. As the resistance keeps saying... that "there's only one more movie... & how are you going to answer all these questions in one movie." Well with just a few minutes of screen time you can introduce an entire backstory that encompasses all 11 films & brings everything to a nice continuity. From there we still have another 2 hours of movie left for everything else.

Yea I don't understand how anyone could think there isn't a plan here. Wouldn't make sense to know you have three movies and have no plan. I just have no faith in that plan being something I enjoy watching. Even if #9 ends up being great and answering all these questions 7 & 8 will still be subpar movies to me because answers to questions isn't my issue it's the overall movie\story that I just don't like. I shouldn't have to sit through two ok\bad movies just to get to a third movie that is good.

From there we still have another 2 hours of movie left for everything else to fit neatly into that world.

Some rumors suggest this will be the longest Star Wars movie we ever had at around 2 hours and 45 minutes maybe even close to 3 hours.

Would you say you've seen me hate on anything else on this forum, participating in said hate frenzies and pursuing said payoffs?
To be honest I don't really see you around much. I pretty much hang out in the heavies, hardly ever the OT, & only hit the Mayberries for a bit when Dragon breaks news or to be in a Star Wars chat... so this is pretty much where I've seen you the most.

I'm assuming your point is that you don't bash other things like you do Star Wars? I don't know if that's true or not, but lets not get you to the point of playing innocent like you don't get a bit of a thrill from bashing Star Wars. You absolutely do or else your cardio would've given out long ago. You love it when you & your buddies can post negativity & you all high five each other as you compete to see who can say the most heinously witty things about it. You're not the worse one in here for bashing it... but you're certainly a part of the crew. You're in the game.

The Last Jedi was so freaking bad

Poor JJ. He had to rehash A New Hope to make us forget about the prequels. Now he has to actually rehash the prequels to make us forget about The Last Jedi.

I actually like multiple scenes in The Last Jedi. They are just so poisoned by what surrounds them that it's like eating a bite of steak seconds after someone forced you to eat a bowl of dog shit.

Witty stuff. :cool: High five?

I think she will need a new hair style especially if she is going the slave Leia route.

latest

I'm assuming your point is that you don't bash other things like you do Star Wars? I don't know if that's true or not, but lets not get you to the point of playing innocent like you don't get a bit of a thrill from bashing Star Wars. You absolutely do or else your cardio would've given out long ago. You love it when you & your buddies can post negativity & you all high five each other as you compete to see who can say the most heinously witty things about it.

Why do you keep saying that I bash "Star Wars"?

Shouldn't you be saying that I bash "The Last Jedi"?

Sure, I didn't like the prequels very much, but I don't talk about them very much either.

And I don't really think I would say this thrills me. I wish The Last Jedi had been something I enjoyed and respected. It doesn't really feel good to see great characters dragged through the mud. I wouldn't say that anything related to The Last Jedi, including criticizing it, gives me a thrill.

Why do you keep saying that I bash "Star Wars"?

Shouldn't you be saying that I bash "The Last Jedi"?
and the prequels

and anything that's not in the movies

Sure, I didn't like the prequels very much, but I don't talk about them very much either.
Hard sell when your statement I quoted that started this convo was bashing both TLJ & the Prequels.

And I don't really think I would say this thrills me. I wish The Last Jedi had been something I enjoyed and respected. It doesn't really feel good to see great characters dragged through the mud. I wouldn't say that anything related to The Last Jedi, including criticizing it, gives me a thrill.
You certainly have a flair for being creative with your disapproval & over-exaggerating things for someone who isn't enjoying the bashing process. Again, you're not the worse one on here, but you're definitely in the game.

Lol at you being all innocent after me quoting you saying that some of the parts of the last Jedi were the equivalent of eating a bowl of dog shit. Not just one bite... but a whole bowl. I don't know about anyone else here... but I'd rather spend an entire day watching what is in my own estimation one of the worst movies I've ever seen, than to even take one bite of dog shit... much less eat a whole bowl. So can we at least agree that you are over-exaggerating your point?

and the prequels

and anything that's not in the movies

When have I ever bashed anything Star Wars related that was not in the movies? I have never consumed any Star Wars that was not the movies and have stated so. What parts of these things that I don't even know of was I bashing?

You certainly have a flair for being creative with your disapproval & over-exaggerating things for someone who isn't enjoying the bashing process. Again, you're not the worse one on here, but you're definitely in the game.

Would you prefer that I criticize The Last Jedi in a more boring fashion?

It's already been planned out.

I believe the details were allowed to be altered & made up on the fly... but no way they didn't have a clear road paved out. Lucas even mentioned that they layed out all their intentions to him shortly after the sale.

No way did they kill the Jedi order which is at the heart of the whole mythology just because that's what Rian wanted to do. No, that came from above, just like Disney doesn't want midichlorians to enter into anything Disney makes. So everything that happened in TLJ has a purpose & a plan toward the whole. I feel that they could've given more answers in TLJ... but when they looked at the whole... for whatever reason... they decided to make this end stone cold & hold the answers off for the finale.

I'm almost 100% convinced that Snoke is Darth Plagueis. As the resistance keeps saying... that "there's only one more movie... & how are you going to answer all these questions in one movie." Well with just a few minutes of screen time you can introduce an entire backstory that encompasses all 11 films & brings everything to a nice continuity. From there we still have another 2 hours of movie left for everything else to fit neatly into that world.
giphy.gif

So you think from the get go the plan was to fuck up the character of Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin (darth) vader, and make him look like a retarded old fool. Really? Please tell me how this makes sense.

Lol at you being all innocent after me quoting you saying that some of the parts of the last Jedi were the equivalent of eating a bowl of dog shit. Not just one bite... but a whole bowl. I don't know about anyone else here... but I'd rather spend an entire day watching what is in my own estimation one of the worst movies I've ever seen, than to even take one bite of dog shit... much less eat a whole bowl. So can we at least agree that you are over-exaggerating your point?

I didn't say it was equivalent. I said it was analogous. And to be ultra-specific, I was speaking of the contrast between the good and bad parts of the film, describing the relationship between the two experiences (good scenes and bad scenes) rather than assigning absolute values to either.

I don't want to split hairs, but if you are going to split hairs with my previous post, I guess it is incumbent upon me to show how you have split the hairs slightly in error.

Anyway, sure, if it makes you happy, I'll say I'd rather watch The Last Jedi than actually eat a bowl of dog shit.

There's been staggering amount of abject denial of personal responsibility during these discussions. What's fun though is you can identify the exact kind of jerk they are by the epithets they project outwards. It's almost one-to-one I'm Rubber And You're Glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back