Star Wars: Battlefront 2 ***UPDATE! Official Gameplay Trailer Added***

Darth Maul!

tumblr_inline_nzzra0Z31m1rd33wt_500.gif

Honestly battlefront wasn't that bad, I just wish it had more content. If this comes with a campaign, I'm buying this day 1

Honestly battlefront wasn't that bad, I just wish it had more content. If this comes with a campaign, I'm buying this day 1
it will have single player will be playing someone from the empire side spaning over 30 years and they wont be doing a season pass because. they don't wanna fuck up the player base

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/15/battlefront-2-single-player-preview
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 2 SINGLE-PLAYER PREVIEW
"We’re looking forward to the opportunity to convert everyone to the Dark Side.”
BY ALANAH PEARCE
All EA really had to do to make people happy with Battlefront 2’s single-player was announce that they had one. It was an obvious missing piece in 2015’s Battlefront, and in part because of that, I expected Battlefront 2’s campaign to play things safe and avoid overlapping with anything happening in the current films or presenting any challenging controversies of its own. I’m pretty sure I was wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
Check out the brand new reveal screenshots below - click right to see them all:

Battlefront 2 Reveal Screenshots
View Slideshow

7 IMAGES

The campaign (which was co-written by Walt Williams, who wrote the highly-acclaimed Spec Ops: The Line) is set right after Death Star 2 explodes, and ends around the time that Starkiller Base does - a story ambitiously spanning almost 30 years. The “point”, according to contributing developer Motive, is to bridge the gap between the original trilogy and the current films, exploring what happens to an Empire without an Emperor. To do that, they decided to let players become the Empire, specifically in the shape of an elite Imperial Commander called Iden Versio, though there will also be segments that have you have you control Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren.

Iden is one of the Empire's nobler "heroes".

The narrative intends to humanise the Empire in ways we haven’t seen before, giving us a glimpse into the world of a seemingly likeable, genuine character who actually believes that the Death Star is a good thing. Iden isn’t intended to be completely without her criticisms of the Empire, but she is supposed to be one of it’s nobler “heroes”, not among the obviously deceptive ranks of the Sith. I suspect it’s going to be an interesting and challenging experience for most of us, seeing the Empire we’ve always known to be ‘Bad Guys’ explored as individual people who just happened to grow up in a culture that taught them to see good in the Empire, and bad in the Rebellion.

While I’m not totally convinced that EA Motive can make me see Iden in the totally heroic light they’ve painted her in, she, however briefly I saw her, really didn’t seem so different to members of the Rebellion. There was a glimpse of compassion there, it’s just that that compassion has made her the reason kids in the Empire want to become TIE Fighter pilots and the face on the propaganda posters, rather than inspiring change. I’m hoping there’s a multitude of relatable depth and subtlety to her character, but one particular line she says in the trailer - “hope can’t save them” - has me concerned that she is going to be a lot more obviously ‘bad’ than the heroes we’re used to. I want to like her, and I want to be conflicted by that. My favourite quote from our preview event came from EA Motive’s Game Director, Mark Thompson, when he said: “we’re looking forward to the opportunity to convert everyone to the Dark Side.”

I'm not convinced I'll see Iden in a heroic light.

Iden’s journey starts in an interesting time, too, in a rare moment of defeat for the Empire, and a time that has to spark a lot of growth for her character. She grew up seemingly peacefully on Vardos, a planet new to the Star Wars universe, that’s described as an “Imperial Utopia”. The brief glimpse we got of it was pristine - almost clinical, and supposedly inspired by the designs of a specific, hand-picked Japanese architect. The interior of one building was a series of huge grey walls with big glass windows, with red trees (with leaves that apparently bleed if they fall into water, turning it red, in an awfully morbid fashion) and statues scattered around decoratively. It certainly has elements of the 'evil' the narrative is supposedly trying to undermine or justify, which is an odd choice. That said, it looked neater than what we’re used to seeing from the Rebellion, and that neatness is something Iden thinks is threatened.

How Star Wars Battlefront 2 Is Making up for the First Game's Mistakes - Star Wars Celebration 2017
03:50

Iden has supposedly trained her whole life to become an Imperial Commander, too, with her father being an Admiral and her mother being an artist, contributing to the designs of propaganda posters. She leads a squad known as the “Inferno Squadron”, a special forces team we don’t know much about, except that they report to Iden’s father, and are dressed in solid black with red accents. They’re supposed to act as TIE Fighter/Commando hybrids for the Empire, with skills in sabotage and infiltration (implying some stealth segments might be in the campaign), and access to an intimidating arsenal of gadgets and weaponry.

The Inferno Squadron are TIE Fighter/Commando hybrids with skills in sabotage and infiltration.

Beyond that, we know the single player is going to have space battles, we know Iden has her own companion droid (that I suspect will act like a drone of some kind), and we know the controls in the campaign aren’t going to differ dramatically to those in the multiplayer, but, in terms of gameplay, we don’t know much else. I’m interested to see how EA Motive manages to piece together a coherent story that spans across 30 years, and wonder if it’ll be a series of vignettes similar to Battlefield One’s campaign, except that they all focus on Iden.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 - Cosplay Gallery
View Slideshow

85 IMAGES

Battlefront 2 is set to release on November 17th and as soon as we hear more, we'll let you know! For more coverage of Star Wars Celebration specifically, check out our theory about why

100% not falling for another Shitfront game

Regardless of anything, that trailer was dope as fuck. Single player campaign definitely has my interest.

How Star Wars Battlefront 2 Is Making up for the First Game's Mistakes - Star Wars Celebration

I love how big gaming companies go to their favorite news outlets for favorable headlines.

Did EA outright say what mistakes were made? I highly doubt it.

This is like Trump going on Fox news.

For those that know EA's reputation, remember the first Battlefront (or at least the reviews), and still buy this game because of a fancy trailer with Darth Maul along with propaganda from IGN or other gaming news outlet...

...they're the reason why game developers put in minimum effort into the actual games they release, and focus more on the hype/marketing to sell millions.

Flawed as Battlefront is, I've spent so much time playing that game, it's ridiculous. I'll be getting this one for sure. I expect it to be greatly improved as they need to win back a lot of players.

That seems to be the consensus. They just released a game that was barely into Beta when it launched, which is absurd, and on top of that, they offered virtually zero content.

The DLC wasn't worth the cost, but the "Ultimate Edition" includes 100% of bonus content and DLC, and at $27 it's not a devastating cost. Hopefully, they get the content-to-price ratio correct out of the gate this time, including a solid single player campaign, instead of trying to squeeze gamers like wet cheese. That's what lost the early crowd, and that can't be undone. There's no winning back the horde. It can only be maintained. Outside the world of PC's, the best ambition of a gaming company for an MMO is to splash big, and then bleed as little as possible.

Star Wars Battlefront: Ultimate Edition

Unfortunately, it's still $48 for PC Gamers:
#notsowizard, #gofuckyourselvesEA

Last edited:
nice. the first one was a lot of fun so cant wait for this

Cool. I was so pissed off with the last Battlefront's lack of campaign. I'm not an online gamer, so I felt ripped off with the XB1 Battlefront even though it was free with EA Access. How the fuck are you going to make a game after a movie, but not have a story mode?

i bought the first battlefront and it was cool but indeed barebones. i'm a single player - solo guy (i suck) so it got old quick but i loved the atmosphere of the maps and how it felt like a war was going on. i might snag with one if some of y'all tell me it's better.

I just hope the camera is better for heroes in 3rd person. Playing Vader is nauseating, it's too close to him. Was there an FOV slider in the pc version? I only played the PS4 version for a bit before returning it, EB had a 7 day return policy, came in handy for the BF disappointment.

Are they adding classes (or deeper customization) and getting rid of tokens for heroes and vehicles? I really hated those aspects!

I just want a Star Wars re skin of BF1 tbh. I'd be all over that.

The first one left an extremely bad taste in my mouth. If they wanted to make a good game, they'd just remaster the original battlefronts (two of the greatest games ever made imo). The fact that they released this aesthetically pleasing, but otherwise incomplete game with no longevity, and slapped the word 'Battlefront' on it...is just weak.

Single player sounds really interesting, never got the first apart from 10 hours on EA Access and it was boring as fuck. But I'll be all over a story mode.

nice cutscenes and all but im gonna wait to see some in game features and gameplay before i decide, we cannot keep falling into this shit

Back