Star Trek: Discovery V4.0 (Premieres Sept. 24, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we just got robbed of seeing the shitty ending to this episode? They have already switched over to NCIS.

I think that was the actual end.

This is supposed to be on the ST prime timeline right? They should at least say this is some alternate timeline. Not impressed. Will give it a couple more episodes

Well, I thought that sucked.

Don't mind the Klingon design. Show is just shallow, and dull, with some flash.

Seth Macfarlane's mediocre semi-spoof "The Orville", is out Star Trekking Star Trek.

Feels like the sci-fi is a device for an action series, and not vice versa like it should be imo.

Well, I thought that sucked.
So, just to expand on that thought: the acting was atrocious. And the first chunk felt like it was written by the b-team Joss Whedon: sooooo much snark. Oh, and those logical inconsistencies (like Sarak commenting about a "new star" even though the thing has been emitting light for like...two minutes, or Micheal being able to do a nerve pinch). No way in hell am I coughing up money to see the rest of this.

Last edited:
I think that was the actual end.

This is supposed to be on the ST prime timeline right?

Yes it is. Prime timeline. No reboot. No alternate universe.

They should at least say this is some alternate timeline. Not impressed. Will give it a couple more episodes

It was an even bigger piece of garbage than I expected. You will have to subscribe to CBS All Access to watch more episodes. No chance I will pay for that.

You will have to subscribe to CBS All Access to watch more episodes. No chance I will pay for that.

Wait, what? They're throwing this shit on subscription based TV?

LOL. Fail.

Wait, what? They're throwing this shit on subscription based TV?

LOL. Fail.

Seems like they would get a few more episodes in to try to hook viewers before going pay per view. I didn't like it enough to even see where to watch it.

Feels like the sci-fi is a device for an action series, and not vice versa like it should be imo.
That's Hollywood. They just don't understand their demographic.

Well hopefully those space orcs destroyed that Federation vessel.

Seems like they would get a few more episodes in to try to hook viewers before going pay per view. I didn't like it enough to even see where to watch it.

I could understand an established subscription company like Netflix, or Prime, but CBS...err..plus, or something? Who the fuck has that, or would even think of getting it?

I could understand an established subscription company like Netflix, or Prime, but CBS...err..plus, or something? Who the fuck has that, or would even think of getting it?

The only other content on CBS All Access I know of is Big Brother live feeds. Not something I would pay for, but BB just ended so they are probably trying to keep their subscriber base with this.

CBS All Access. My parents actually subscribe to it.

Obviously they're hoping that people will subscribe just because this is the only way to watch the new Star Trek show. Not sure that plan is going to work out for them though.

The only other content on CBS All Access I know of is Big Brother live feeds. Not something I would pay for, but BB just ended so they are probably trying to keep their subscriber base with this.

Who would watch let alone pay to watch Big Brother?

Obviously they're hoping that people will subscribe just because this is the only way to watch the new Star Trek show. Not sure that plan is going to work out for them though.
Now instead people won't even bother to pirate it lol

Who would watch let alone pay to watch Big Brother?

I like BB, but I wouldn't pay to watch it. I totally understand why someone wouldn't want to watch it at all, you either like it or not, there is no good argument to be made for it lol. But yes apparently people do pay though.

I have a feeling they'll concede to making a grave mistake real soon, and drop that shit on network TV, before it's inevitable early cancellation.

Shit looks pretty pricey to produce as well. No way it sustains an audience on pay for play networks, to cover the costs. Trekkies don't even like it, and this show sinks or swims with them, even on basic cable. Pretty fucking arrogant to think people are just going to subscribe to a network for it.

I give it two seasons at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back