Stand Up Forum Died?

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey guys, so for quite some time the stand up forum was really good, with lots of informative posts, great discussions, lots of active guys, etc. However lately it seems to have kinda died off? Whats going on?

I think there are a few good topics going on atm. The one for footwork for example.
People are posting videos of their own training - which is good too.
If you look at strenght and conditioning sub forum - now that is a dead place for example, beside the training log sub forum. But again the training sub forum used to be way more active, now there are 20 people logging their work outs with no one commenting.

So it is kinda lively imo.

I wasn't around back then, but I joined cuz Everytime I googled a question I'd get a good old thread from sherdog. So I kinda know what you mean.

Hey guys, so for quite some time the stand up forum was really good, with lots of informative posts, great discussions, lots of active guys, etc. However lately it seems to have kinda died off? Whats going on?

Sorry, I cannot post at the moment, I'm too busy kicking and punching stuff.....

GeorgeGreece ruined it, people got scared when he started posting about elastic recoil...........I just checked my underwear, no elastic recoil........I think I'm safe....

Not enough spacetime threads.
Did he die?

Activity comes and goes. Thats normal. I am halfway trough my kicking month.

I wanna get a long serious discussion about the kicking game when i am done.

I don't know if I'd say it died but I think we had more post fight technique discussions in the past. A lot of the guys who used to do deep analysis seem to have moved on to writing for other websites.

Speaking just for myself, I've ended up spending more time in the WR, mostly because I don't watch as many fights as I used to.

- I still reading every-day i just dont post too much!
2-2.jpg

I don't know if I'd say it died but I think we had more post fight technique discussions in the past. A lot of the guys who used to do deep analysis seem to have moved on to writing for other websites.

Speaking just for myself, I've ended up spending more time in the WR, mostly because I don't watch as many fights as I used to.

yuck.gif

If you look at strenght and conditioning sub forum - now that is a dead place for example, beside the training log sub forum. But again the training sub forum used to be way more active, now there are 20 people logging their work outs with no one commenting.

Quoted for truth, and as one of the remaining strength & conditioning training log posters. In semi-related news, I will be going back to my old Thai boxing club tonight, it's been a while.

I think there are a few good topics going on atm. The one for footwork for example.
People are posting videos of their own training - which is good too.

that thread looked good, i wanted to comment on it but I have been busy and it got 4 pages long before I knew it. Same thing regarding the no katas in other martial arts thread. I know alot of guys will not like this, but I believe "katas" for MT would be a good thing. As its repetition of a certain technique, which will ingrain it. this thought process relates back to how all martial arts are connected, theres beneficial stuff from all, and at the top of the mountain they are all the same.

Back