Stacked when going for a triangle

Shoulder walk, transition to Belly Down Arm Bar.

Hmmmm...

Unless we are talking about a person with extreme problems to lock up the triangle, I personally don't like to even think in transitioning from a triangle to anything, when being defended, work on finishing the move instead of thinking on to transition to other mover. A stacked defense it's quite easy to defeat, chokes>limbs subs...

Shoulder walk, adjust, finish it.

Hmmmm...

Unless we are talking about a person with extreme problems to lock up the triangle, I personally don't like to even think in transitioning from a triangle to anything, when being defended, work on finishing the move instead of thinking on to transition to other mover. A stacked defense it's quite easy to defeat, chokes>limbs subs...

Shoulder walk, adjust, finish it.

I normally follow the procedure but when I fall behind, you have to go to plan "B".
This is me during my 2nd Match this year at Master's. I know there is a lot wrong with it but with the pressure, I forgot some things.

I normally follow the procedure but when I fall behind, you have to go to plan "B".
This is me during my 2nd Match this year at Master's. I know there is a lot wrong with it but with the pressure, I forgot some things.

yeah bro sure, just saying, shouldnt be the first thing you have in mind, its great for keep it playful in class, but if in a competition, IMO, you have to fight for that traingle. In this case, your opponent did a good stack, you shouldve framed and get regain the center a bit and shoulder walk, if it was too heavy, use your arm to frame your knee first (the knee thats touching your face from the stack), push your knee regain the center shoulder walk with a full frame, then get the right angle, finish.

yeah bro sure, just saying, shouldnt be the first thing you have in mind, its great for keep it playful in class, but if in a competition, IMO, you have to fight for that traingle. In this case, your opponent did a good stack, you shouldve framed and get regain the center a bit and shoulder walk, if it was too heavy, use your arm to frame your knee first (the knee thats touching your face from the stack), push your knee regain the center shoulder walk with a full frame, then get the right angle, finish.

I've found myself is this situation on more than one occasion and although it might sound obvious, I've let solid opportunities slip through my fingers. Great pointers!! Thank you!!

Back