Stacked when going for a triangle

Zola

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I got stacked at a comp recently when trying to lock in a triangle, pretty sure its cause I lost the arm.

If you find yourself getting stacked is there any escape?

Yup, shoulder walk.

I also find getting the perpendicular angle helps to avoid the pressure of the stack.

go to 2:30 to see the grips.

im normally love reners technique, but this is white belt I have no Idea what im doing stack counter.

If you are facing someone who knows a little bit about jiu jitsu, you dont control the head and they are gone before you can realize.

For TS, yes you should shoulder walk, never ever let go the head, control the head make a frame and shoulder walk.

I got stacked at a comp recently when trying to lock in a triangle, pretty sure its cause I lost the arm.

If you find yourself getting stacked is there any escape?

Ryan hall triangle dvd, download it.

im normally love reners technique, but this is white belt I have no Idea what im doing stack counter.

If you are facing someone who knows a little bit about jiu jitsu, you dont control the head and they are gone before you can realize.

For TS, yes you should shoulder walk, never ever let go the head, control the head make a frame and shoulder walk.

The Gracie Combatives white belt curriculum has Triangle Choke included and they heavily emphasis head control.

This isn't the Combatives lesson video (which is like 40 mins long) but an old youtube vid they did.

At about 2:46

Shoulder walk yes and you gotta grab that head. Grab the head and cut the angle and you can still choke them out while they are stacking you.

The Gracie Combatives white belt curriculum has Triangle Choke included and they heavily emphasis head control.

This isn't the Combatives lesson video (which is like 40 mins long) but an old youtube vid they did.

At about 2:46

I'm not trying to bash combatives, I love that dvd... But this technique is really bad.

Thanks guys, will definitely try that

There's a Renzo video of his discussing being stacked by bigger guys. All the above is great, one thing I remember are so talking about was posting and ,asking a frame against the knee that is folding around his neck.

The knee that they are try to stack into your face, make a frame with both your hands and use this to do the shoulder walk, as described earlier.

I like to do a lazy shoulder walk and when they push to follow i reverse shoulder roll and flip my opponent over where I'm on top for an inverted triangle.

I like to do a lazy shoulder walk and when they push to follow i reverse shoulder roll and flip my opponent over where I'm on top for an inverted triangle.

Doesn't always work, but I'm a fan of this, too. If nothing else, it gets you to mount.

I also note that shoulder walking plays an important role in one of my favorite BJJ techniques: defending the double under stack pass.

Shoulder walk back, cycle both of your legs outside and turn them into butterfly hooks --> easy sweep.

Back