St. John’s Newfoundland gym ???

Gandhi

War Room Deep State
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here for the week with wife and kid to visit her parents, which is great and all, but if I could turn this into a mini bjj vacation that would be AWSOME. Brought my GI and no GI cloths. Looking for a cool place to do some classes, rolls, maybe even a private or 2.

I am also big fan of just drilling tons of technique from refreshing basics to stuff I’m really working on right now (butterfly, slx, x, half, deep half)

I have heard of Foley’s, St. John’s bjj, and 1 other (forget name right now), but don’t know much more than the names.

Any advice from people in the know is appreciated.

Thanks

Don't expect to understand them der by

What about Judo or another thing ?
Is a place in Canada I plan to visit and I remember there´s a good dojo around.

What about Judo or another thing ?
Is a place in Canada I plan to visit and I remember there´s a good dojo around.

Canada is a big place.

What city are you talking about?

Newfoundland, I thought you were talking about there.

I am sorry your post confused me.

One of the places I may check out has judo and the other is an all around martial arts gym. I’ll post what I see.

I am sorry your post confused me.

One of the places I may check out has judo and the other is an all around martial arts gym. I’ll post what I see.
Thank you I am interested as I have been in Canada twice and is mandatory to find a place to train.

Went to republic bjj Monday.

Legit black belt, good group of guys, very welcoming, and good range of abilities (one purple belt was an old fart like me but legit dismantled me). Good structure, warm up (standard bjj running around, side to side, shrimping, etc etc), sparring drills, technique, sparring.

Small, like a room with mats attached to set of basketball courts that gets used for classes 4 times a week, but functional. They Gi 3 times and no gi 1 a week. No mma focus here.

Def a great place for a drop in. Not a full mma gym where you could go and just train but it's the only place in St. John's under a black belt that I found.

Thumbs up from me.

IIRC ZombieProof BJJ is in Newfoundland.

Back