Squat Form Check

Chaseg1520

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Wondering if I could get tips on my back squat. I have only been front squatting for a while and am trying to do back squats again. They feel awful currently lol. This is the upper limit of my back squat strength (235lbs):

I'm just a novice lifter, and I don't high bar squat, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

A bit of butt wink in there, but everything else looked good.

I'm just a novice lifter, and I don't high bar squat, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

A bit of butt wink in there, but everything else looked good.

Thanks. Yeah there was some butt wink for sure. I also think my core wasn't engaged enough so I ended up using too much lumbar extension to come up with the weight. Need to work on that.

You’re not bracing enough so you get folded on the ascent

Thanks. Yeah there was some butt wink for sure. I also think my core wasn't engaged enough so I ended up using too much lumbar extension to come up with the weight. Need to work on that.

Stretch your ankles. Don't worry about the butt wink. It's not that terrible. I do dive bomb high bar squats and even I have a bit of a butt wink at the hole.

Wondering if I could get tips on my back squat. I have only been front squatting for a while and am trying to do back squats again. They feel awful currently lol. This is the upper limit of my back squat strength (235lbs):

I would say that's not your upper limit, the bar doesn't move that slow. And you are pausing your squat at the bottom, so don't do that and everything will feel lighter.

Your head is all over the place. Fix your sigth on one spot, head sligthly down, and keep it there.

Back