Sports Illustrated Explains How Jon Jones Vs Brock lesnar Will Happen Without UFC

Johnny Utahs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can definitely see things going down this way. I hope they do it. Crazy how much control the UFC has lost since the Ferttita's left. Nobody was fucking with that mafia

Antonio Magarito was suspended and banned by the commissions for putting cement in his gloves. But he still got licensed in Mexico and Dallas Texas.

Jon jones can go to texas, mexico, japan, canada, etc

Last edited:
Pliffs Clease

Cliffs please :)

Its complete stupidity

She says Brock & Jon can go start their own promotion & fight.

1. No PPV provider would ever touch the fight. Jones is still under contract to UFC & no PPV provider would go against them & if they did, they would be prevented by the court system
2. Brock would never put that much effort in
3. No AC in the states would allow it

Cliffs please :)

you rang?

220px-Cliff_Clavin_posing_in_%22Please_Mr_Postman%22.png

Summary:
1. Woman said she believes the Jon Jones's & the Brock Lesnar's of MMA can ditch UFC & create or find their own promotion. She pointed the MAyMac fight as an example.
2. She said belts doesn't mean anything, fighters just want money.
3. The dude said this model only works for the stars, proper promotions build stars & a good base for the average fighters. He also mentions the idea of stars branching out to do their own thing is unsustainable.

Conclusion: That woman is thick & dumb.

Its complete stupidity

1. No PPV provider would ever touch the fight. Jones is still under contract to UFC & no PPV provider would go against them & if they did, they would be prevented by the court system
Japan would allow it. Brock (hell, and Jones) could dope to his heart's content.

I don't think it would ever happen, but if it did, Japan is the one true way to do it. And it would be awesome.

Japan would allow it. Brock (hell, and Jones) could dope to his heart's content.

I don't think it would ever happen, but if it did, Japan is the one true way to do it. And it would be awesome.

But it would NEVER get on PPV in N.A., so it would not make big money.
Plus Jones would be sued a ridiculous amount by UFC

Summary:
1. Woman said she believes the Jon Jones's & the Brock Lesnar's of MMA can ditch UFC & create or find their own promotion. She pointed the MAyMac fight as an example.
2. She said belts doesn't mean anything, fighters just want money.
3. The dude said this model only works for the stars, proper promotions build stars & a good base for the average fighters. He also mentions the idea of stars branching out to do their own thing is unsustainable.

Conclusion: That woman is thick & dumb.

Which shows what an idiot she is, since it is public knowledge UFC was & had to be involved & was a large part of the hype

But it would NEVER get on PPV in N.A., so it would not make big money.
Plus Jones would be sued a ridiculous amount by UFC
Sure, that's why I don't think it will happen...yet. I think even if several years pass that people will remain intrigued by the thought of that fight. Brock will be older, presumably both will be rusty, and I don't see either actually going back to the UFC. Provided at that time there is still a player in Japan who could afford it, it should happen there. Old Brock can juice, etc.

Its complete stupidity

The only way I see people skirting the UFC contracts is to fight in say Russia and charge for streams. That doesn't make sense for this fight and I still doubt it would be that simple as the IRS would really like to know how much U.S. participants made. And maybe the fighters would have a hard time leaving the country once the fight was announced.

Antonio Magarito was suspended and banned by the commissions for putting cement in his gloves. But he still got licensed in Mexico and Dallas Texas.

IF the the UFC is not involved there's only two ways this COULD go down. Either in WWE(assuming Jones gets the book thrown at him and he calls it quits) or in grappling match.

Stop being silly
Jones is under UFC contract.
If any AC even thought about trying to sanction Jones, UFC would threaten to never bring a fight there again & it would die immediately.

Also AGAIN, the fight will never get on PPV in the states.

Back