Spong starched another guy in boxing

Hagelslag2

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Apparently Spong had another boxing fight and KO'd a dude by the name of Carlos Rodriguez in the first round of an 8-rounder. The fight took place in the Dominican Republic and Rodriguez's record was 0-14 going into the fight.

Really makes me wonder what it is that makes a 0-14 fighter go up against a man with a superb record in kickboxing, 2-0 record in MMA and a 6-0 (6 KOs) record in boxing. Some people really don't seem to care for their own well-being.

Wow 0-14 that man needs to retire. Well one thing you can say about him is that he's not a quitter

Seems lame spong would even fight a guy like that. Quick easy win I guess

Seems lame spong would even fight a guy like that. Quick easy win I guess
Well, AFAIK Spong is doing quite well coaching, so maybe it's not that weird that he's taking easier fights. I have no idea what his training entails nowadays.

I just went over Rodriguez's record, just for fun: 14 losses, 14 TKOs and never made it any further than the 3rd round. He must be doing it for the money, because I can't imagine he derives pleasure from getting beaten up so often.

Well, AFAIK Spong is doing quite well coaching, so maybe it's not that weird that he's taking easier fights. I have no idea what his training entails nowadays.

I just went over Rodriguez's record, just for fun: 14 losses, 14 TKOs and never made it any further than the 3rd round. He must be doing it for the money, because I can't imagine he derives pleasure from getting beaten up so often.
Sounds like they both just wanted a quick payday. Don't blame em

That literally means nothing, all things considered, Spong is ruining his name with this kid of stuff.

Spong had both the potential to do something in boxing and MMa after already achieveing a lot in kickboxing. But now it seems like he doesn#t use any opportunity.

He left kickboxing after a bad injury but not one wher eit's impossible to come back from as I imagine most of the damage is mental and beside that he was in his prime.

In MMa he probably wouldn't have become champ but LHW is a thin division and he surely could have mad eit to the UFC but he quit that as well.

Not he wants to do boxing but he doesnt take any step ups in competition and beats up on overmatched journeymen.

And first and foremost age is his biggest opponent because he isn't that young anymore and is wasting his prime he may already be past his physical prime.

So out of 3 things he could have done at the very least reasonably well in he seems to do nothing with 100% commitment and when he does step up he will probably be past his best

How much do they get paid for a fight like this?

Really makes me wonder what it is that makes a 0-14 fighter go up against a man with a superb record in kickboxing, 2-0 record in MMA and a 6-0 (6 KOs) record in boxing. Some people really don't seem to care for their own well-being.
Except for money?

{<huh}

Does it really come as a surprise to you that boxing is filled with padded records? If a 0-14 figher is paid to go up against a 6-0 boxer it ain't because he's going to win... He's paid to lose to make the other one look good.

Apparently Spong had another boxing fight and KO'd a dude by the name of Carlos Rodriguez in the first round of an 8-rounder. The fight took place in the Dominican Republic and Rodriguez's record was 0-14 going into the fight.

I worked with a guy that was 2-26 as a pro it's amazing what ppl will do for a little money and free hotel room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back