• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

SPOILER: Andrews vs. Barnett = Hunt vs. Struve

Black Viking

Orange Belt
Reaction score
3rd round reminded me a lot of Hunt vs. Struve

with the jumping, lunging hooks by the New Zealanders and the finish taking place right by the cage, the fight was ended by the same ref (Dean) after he saw the guy just lay there staring

my favorite TUF fight so far, good judging too

I can see the last round being similar, but the rest was very different.
Also Herb Dean didn't really call the end of Hunt vs Struve, Hunt did. He walked away and Herb was totally lost for a couple seconds and then finished the fight.

3rd round reminded me a lot of Hunt vs. Struve

with the jumping, lunging hooks by the New Zealanders and the finish taking place right by the cage, the fight was ended by the same ref (Dean) after he saw the guy just lay there staring

my favorite TUF fight so far, good judging too

Such a lazy comparison.

1 tall guy and the other is an islander. That's it.

Such small minded people on here.

I can see the last round being similar, but the rest was very different.
Also Herb Dean didn't really call the end of Hunt vs Struve, Hunt did. He walked away and Herb was totally lost for a couple seconds and then finished the fight.

Actually Herb didn't call it and he wasn't lost. Struve asked him to remove his tooth that was stuck in his cheek so he could continue. It turns out Struve's jaw was broken.

Yep so many similarities lol. Both ended in a similar fashion in the third. Very tall guys getting KO'd by shorter guys via similar leaping punches. Both winners are from NZ Polynesian diaspora population (though Hunt is Samoan and Andrews is Maori) while both who lost are European (UK & Dutch).

Such a lazy comparison.

1 tall guy and the other is an islander. That's it.

Such small minded people on here.

shorter guy just tucked his chin, walked him down and threw hooks. taller guy just covered up and tried to clinch, then shorter guy threw vicious body shots. after thqt the tall guy just kept covering up and backing off until he got highlighted by looping hooks

kept thinking about it during the fight. especially when luke started just covering up during exchanges and dylan easily just shoved him off back into punching range

Yep so many similarities lol. Both ended in a similar fashion in the third. Very tall guys getting KO'd by shorter guys via similar leaping punches. Both winners are from NZ Polynesian diaspora population (though Hunt is Samoan and Andrews is Maori) while both who lost are European (UK & Dutch).

Both kiwis live in Australia

Back