Spike announces "Countdown to Ortiz vs Sonnen

Think it's silly to have a countdown show involving someone who will retire after this fight. Show could be centered around sonnen though.

Plus side is that spike is showing more of a commitment to mma with a countdown show.

I hope they do countdowns for their bigger fight cards

They only do these for the big ones. Figured they would for this one as well. Feels like the first must see card for Bellator in ages for me.

I think it's a good idea Bellator needs to capture that 2008 UFC/SpikeTV swag. Something just seems missing so far they need a Bellator show that can match Unleashed and the Countdown. Kimbo/Dada specials and the odd best clips of the year shows aren't doing it.

I think it's a good idea Bellator needs to capture that 2008 UFC/SpikeTV swag. Something just seems missing so far they need a Bellator show that can match Unleashed and the Countdown. Kimbo/Dada specials and the odd best clips of the year shows aren't doing it.
Came here to say this. I became an MMA/UFC fan because of Unleashed and Best of PRIDE and I'm sure a lot of other people did as well. Bellator has 169 shows to work with.

Good they are doing one but would have been better if they aired it early in the week or last week. then replay it two or three times in random spots throughout the week. Even if its not great timeslots like 12am or 5pm you get multiple viewings and more people watch.

Thanks for the info. TS. Just set the DVR.

Good for Spike/Bellator. But I never heard of this until I saw this thread. They sure aren't to good at getting the word out there on anything even when it comes to hardcore MMA fans.

Watched it via the Spike app this weekend. It was a pretty good production by Bellator/Spike. They definitely need to do more of this to promote fights.

Lot of effort for something that gets maybe 800-900k views

It's a really good card, hopefully it gets a decent amount of exposure.

Back