Spider-Man PS4

I can't believe new game+ wasn't already in the game. Now I gotta wait until the next update over a month away to play again with all my skills and gadgets? Lame. I'll be playing RDR2 by the time that rolls out.

Downloaded it yesterday and yes, its reminding me of Arkham City. In fact, its a copy.

Not a bad thing and perhaps it gets better.

I think I was one of the few who didn't enjoy Arkham. I think what I liked about Asylum was that it wasn't open world and I enjoyed the more linear approach they had. Making it open world just kind of ruined it for me and I don't even really know why it just did. The first one was probably my favorite game that year but I could never get very far in #2 before I gave up.

Finished it. The only major criticism is that I don't see how they could possibly match, much less top, this game with a sequel.

Sure, it could be fun, but there's no way they're outdoing that last hour or so in terms of writing/acting.

I’m sure Sony would love Spidey 2 to be a Ps5 launch game and they can easily afford it.

This is a good looking game but fuck man I loaded up the Witcher last night and the amount detail is ridiculous compared to Spiderman. It took a minute for my eyes to adjust. I think this game looks best when youre swinging between buildings. The closer to the ground you get the less impressive it looks.

Compared with Witcher on PS4? Because comparing to pc modded with texture packs would be ridiculous. As far as I recall - Spidey looks better but it’s a smaller game and later in gen plus optimized for PS4.

We will see how RD2 looks to be fairer.

I’m sure Sony would love Spidey 2 to be a Ps5 launch game and they can easily afford it.

Compared with Witcher on PS4? Because comparing to pc modded with texture packs would be ridiculous. As far as I recall - Spidey looks better but it’s a smaller game and later in gen plus optimized for PS4.

We will see how RD2 looks to be fairer.
I'm not doubting there will be a sequel; I'm doubting that I'll like it better than this game based on the quality of the ending.

I'm not doubting there will be a sequel; I'm doubting that I'll like it better than this game based on the quality of the ending.

GoW had a quiet subtle ending that made you go - oh shit. So much set up and explained after so much build.

Horizon Zero Dawn - cool.

Far Cry 5 - fuck the ending.

Spidey, hmm, competent.

GoW had a quiet subtle ending that made you go - oh shit. So much set up and explained after so much build.

Horizon Zero Dawn - cool.

Far Cry 5 - fuck the ending.

Spidey, hmm, competent.
I feel the reverse. I liked GoW because of the game play. I thought the story was at its best in the second act.

The reveal at the end could lead to something interesting, but I'll wait to see what is actually done with it.

I feel the reverse. I liked GoW because of the game play. I thought the story was at its best in the second act.

The reveal at the end could lead to something interesting, but I'll wait to see what is actually done with it.

Man, I'm in the minority when it comes to GoW's game play. It felt far from fluid. The camera in addition to how you should fight felt clunky as hell. It really took away from the experience for me. Im gonna try and replay it someday.

Man, I'm in the minority when it comes to GoW's game play. It felt far from fluid. The camera in addition to how you should fight felt clunky as hell. It really took away from the experience for me. Im gonna try and replay it someday.
I liked it because it felt unique more so than because it felt responsive. I just haven't played a character-action game like it before. The emphasis on precision aiming worked much better than the ranged weapons in Ninja Gaiden.

You're right. Didn't feel fluid at all.

Even in the simplest way it's not lol Essential assets in combat are completely different. The most important tool in Arkham's combat is the counter button mapped on Y/Triangle. That doesn't even exist in the Spider-Man. Arkham's gadgets are essentially useless too whereas they're pretty helpful in Spider-Man. Arkham didn't exactly invent that style of combat either, I mean replay Spider-Man 2, that game has a dodge mechanic that obviously inspired Arkham with the glowing icon over the head before counters.
The only thing I'd give you is the stealth sections as Spider-Man, those are pretty much the same.

Alright, I'm ready to give my full review. Let me start off by saying this is the first game I've played to completion (not platinumed) since Mario Odyssey so it was good enough to entertain me and hold my attention for a long while. That being said my opinion of the game dwindled the more I played it. It started off so promising but by the end I was ready to be done and I don't think it's the type of game I'd like to go back and again.

The gameplay, while nearly identical to the Batman Arkham series, is incredibly fun and fluid. Webslinging is easily the highlight of game. I felt both very much in control of Spidey as I swung and flipped between buildings but also knew that if I wasn't careful I'd come to a screeching halt. The combat while somewhat repetitive is great. You have a ton of options at your disposal between fist fighting, gagdets, or just hurling objects so each battle can feel unique if you want. Even playing as Peter Parker can be fun in short amounts. My only knock on the gameplay are the Mary Jane and Miles Morales stealth portions. They feel so unpolished compared to playing as Spiderman and the bottom line is I couldn't wait for those parts to get over. Outside of the main story the side missions are really repetitive but it's forgivable when you get to be Spiderman.

Graphically the game shines early on when youre flying between skyscrapers with the sun reflecting off the windows. The closer you get to the ground and the more things slow down the less great it looks. The characters in cutscenes look good but the average pedestrian looks worse than some PS3 characters.

I'm not a big fan of stories in video games so I won't say much but this one was certainly passable if not memorable.

Overall I think this was a good first step towards something great. The game mechanics are all there but I'd like to see them do something with it in a more immersive world with less repetitive things to do.

7.5/10

Last edited:
Ok, im not sure how far i am into the game, but i just turned lvl 23 or so. Ive been doing side missions and such, but when they get monotonous, i go to the story. I just found the guy whom puts bombs everywhere that you have to disarm in a time limit. Fucking hate time limits..

Anyway, i then thought that the only marvel villains ive fought are fisk and...shocker, whom i didnt know. Besides that its just been these demons.

Tell me i do fight all the known villains eventually yes? Ya got osborn there and doc oc is starting to crack..

Ok, im not sure how far i am into the game, but i just turned lvl 23 or so. Ive been doing side missions and such, but when they get monotonous, i go to the story. I just found the guy whom puts bombs everywhere that you have to disarm in a time limit. Fucking hate time limits..

Anyway, i then thought that the only marvel villains ive fought are fisk and...shocker, whom i didnt know. Besides that its just been these demons.

Tell me i do fight all the known villains eventually yes? Ya got osborn there and doc oc is starting to crack..
Are you asking us to spoil the villains in the game for you, or are you asking a rhetorical question? If you do want spoilers then

Other than the ones you've fought already it's Mr. Negative, Rhino, Scorpion, Electro, Vulture, Doctor Octopus, Tombstone, Silver Sable, Taskmaster (side mission), and Screwball (side mission), Black Cat (side mission and is gonna be in the DLC).

Last edited:
Are you asking us to spoil the villains in the game for you, or are you asking a rhetorical question? If you do want spoilers then

Other than the ones you've fought already it's Mr. Negative, Rhino, Scorpion, Electro, Vulture, Doctor Octopus, Taskmaster (side mission), and Speedball (side mission).

Damn... i expected more than that.

I saw there is a expansion pack for 20 bucks.
Is it worth it ?

Back