1. New Sherdog Meme Generator! Check is out Here Use it to win a free platinum accountHere
    Dismiss Notice

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING v.2 ($117 Million Opening Weekend; Dragonlord's Review) | Page 14

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Jul 6, 2017.

?

If you have seen SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

3.5%
  2. 9 - Great

30.1%
  3. 8 - Good

32.7%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

14.2%
  5. 6 - Decent

11.5%
  6. 5 - Average

3.5%
  7. 4 - Poor

0.9%
  8. 3 - Bad

1.8%
  9. 2 - Terribad

0.9%
  10. 1 - Abysmal (Explain)

0.9%
  1. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    I think it can be loosely explained that Toomes was extremely careful not to draw attention to themselves. He usually goes on heists at night time. Maybe the authorities know that someone is stealing these alien techs but can't really pinpoint who it is or how they did it.

Yeah, the security was terrible.

Seemed like India.

Not a fan of it because it goes against Spidey's nature but I wouldn't mind seeing him use Instant Kill Mode against Thanos and the the Black Order.

2. KnightTemplar Sith Belt

KnightTemplar
    Yeah, I know there was no way Spidey could go Full Punisher. That's the complete opposite of the character. Especially this version, when he's still a kid. It might be fun to see him try it against Thanos...only for the Mad Titan to walk through Spidey's best shots and swat him aside.

I asked the same question as you in my review: did Toomes keep Spidey's identity a secret because he owes Peter his(and his daughter's)life? Or because he's planning on taking revenge himself later? Also agree it was a nice twist making Toome's the father. The scene in the car where he works out Peter's secret identity was well played too.

And yeah, I lol'd at Aunt May's, "What the fu- "<45>

3. emceeGRENDEL grendelicious

emceeGRENDEL
    I was not a fan of Aunt May knowing Peter's identity. She should be the very last person to know he's Spider-Man IMO

SomebodyElse and Anung Un Rama like this.
  4. justblaze717 Silver Belt

justblaze717
    I was pretty meh about it until the kitchen scene. After that things got interesting.

5. Secret Agent TONY CRACKULA

Secret Agent
    I said I liked it! Damn this age of sarcasm!!

I appreciate that they went for a stylized reality. But come on, every single one of them was picture perfect. They had a tiny rabbi! I'm surprised the prom king wasn't a disabled girl doing quadriplegic wheelies.

I'm not saying there's anything inaccurate about the diversity, but you can't tell me it didn't look manufactured as hell. That's like saying the FRIENDS apartment wasn't ridiculously unrealistic.

6. Clippy Gold Belt

Clippy
    @Dragonlordxxxxx

I finally saw this movie but have 2 questions I'm confused on maybe you can answer before I review this movie

1.) Movie starts right after Avengers film from 2012 ... then 8 years later??? 8 years later???? This movie took place in 2020? I thought the original Avengers took place same year as our reality. Or did Avengers take place in 2009??? huh Is Spider-Man before Infinity wars? How does Ant Man in the Wasp take place between Infinity wars movies? WHAT IS GOING ON

2.) Where the fuck is the spider sense? I need to see spider sense!! Does he not have spider sense in the MCU cause that's horse shit

7. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    [I'll just copy /paste my previous comments on this.]

It’s revealed that Homecoming takes place 8 years after the events of the first Avengers movie. Since Avengers takes place in 2012, Homecoming would be around 2020. This contradicts with what happened in Captain America: Civil War which took place in 2016. In Homecoming, only a few months have passed after the events of Civil War. All of this is a non-issue if they just said that Homecoming takes place 4-5 years after the first Avenger movie.

Peter’s Spider-Sense seems to be non-existent in this film. Kevin Feige says it’s still there but done more internally, like an instinct or second nature to Peter. This might sound blasphemous, especially coming from a huge Spider-Man fan, but I am okay with the Spider-Sense gone. In a movie or TV setting, it’s kinda’ hard to find some justifications why he keeps on getting tagged if he had Spider-Sense (this would be similar to why smart fans complain why The Flash keeps getting hit when he’s moving at super speed). And since you don’t want your hero to be untouchable with the villains unable to even make physical contact with him, it’s understandable if they’re trying to tone down his Spider-Sense.

pcptornado, Clippy and milliniar like this.
  8. Clippy Gold Belt

Clippy
    I just now read your spoiler tag comments and see I should have done that first lol

Sorry buds

pcptornado and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  9. Magooglie Steel Belt

Magooglie
    I thought it was around a high 7 or 8. It felt more like a sequel or 1.5 type movie since they didn't rehash his origin. Vulture was an interesting villain and I liked the twist. I also liked Iron Man's parts.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  10. SheetsMMAfan ——Ç®èÅtîvÏTÿ——

SheetsMMAfan
    • Keaton killed it as Vulture, and it looks like they set him up to come back in future films well.
    • Movie had a AWESOME teen movie vibe that I loved about it. Love how MCU is putting their own spin on each new superhero to match their personalities.
    • Tomei is still hot as all hell
    • Holland is the spiderman we always needed
    • Glad he is staying in highschool. Character development will be AWESOME if they ease into it.
    • Cap is a dickhead for making me sit in the theatre that long for nothing.
    It was one of my favorite Marvel movies yet. 9/10 for me.

***THIS IS JUST AN OBSERVATION***

For some reason though, it felt to me like they forced diversity VERY hard in casting. People can say "oh, that's how it look's in a New York school", but they SERIOUSLY made EVERY student who had some screen time a different race.

Felt like after meeting all the students and seeing how diverse they were, then seeing Keaton in a mixed relationship, that I would see Shocker kissing some dude in the background and gentle rubbing his earlobes. Or... See Aunt May make out with another chick...... which... would have just DRASTICALLY added to the movie IMO....

It's America, we are ok with all this and we have to be. This was just my observation.

"But why bring it up if your ok with it". It's an observation, and go fuck yourself.

11. Magooglie Steel Belt

Magooglie
    I can see them bringing back Spider Sense through the suit's technology, like some awareness mode, if they want to bring it back.

12. Jballer Black Belt

Jballer
    I gave it a 6. Decent but nothing memorable. Disney confirms they can't do villains. This may have been the weakest one yet.

13. Lights Out 101 Green Belt

Lights Out 101
    I just came back from seeing it. I was going to see WOTPOTA, But it doesn't come out for another two weeks here. Ugh. Bummer.

It was enjoyable and I especially liked the vulture, the scene with him and Peter in the car was tense thanks to MK's superb acting. Holland was great too. Overall it fell a little flat for me though, and I can't quite put my finger on why that is. I guess maybe I was overhyped or something.

I gave it a 7/10.

14. KnightTemplar Sith Belt

KnightTemplar
    {<huh}

15. pinkybrief Silver Belt

pinkybrief

Aunt May is also super hot

16. MicroBrew Gold Belt

MicroBrew
    So the vulture guy is able to design and manufacture bleeding edge weapons but he employs a bunch of incompetent henchmen and even worse is that he tries to make money by selling these weapons to 2-bit street thugs.

Does any of this insult your intellgence?

Why wouldn't he just use his weapons to steal money / precious metals / precious stones. Why wouldn't he try and sell the weapons to competing states and non state actors.

17. KnightTemplar Sith Belt

KnightTemplar
    He was trying to stay beneath the radar. Stealing high tech equipment was risky enough, but it wouldn't cause as much media attention as high profile gem heists etc. He says as much in the film, just before he kills the first Shocker: the Avengers or Shield would shut them down if they made too much of a mess.

18. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

heavyarms21
    I like the ambiguous nature of that mid credits scene with him , I think he is aware that Peter did save his live , so not sicking the criminals on him and his family was his version of thank you, but I'm pretty sure he wants revenge for himself. He pretty much gave him a similar choice at the Homecoming Dance, he didn't try to kill him in the car as a thank you for his daughter and would probably have left him alone had he stayed in the school.

SomebodyElse and KnightTemplar like this.
  19. STEVEN SEAGOLD Brown Belt

STEVEN SEAGOLD
    7/10

Film tried too hard to be different

Solid, but many of the small changes to characters and took away from my enjoyment

Turning Aunt May into a MILF character was lame. The only things I've heard from anyone about her is "omg so hot" or "bewbs"... Turned her into a shallow character in my opinion

I don't care what school you're at.. Whether a gritty public school or Nerdville Prep... The prototypical high school bully is never on the debate team. Having a pencil neck Indian dude as Flash just didn't work for me. At least make him a football player or something.

LOL'd at the diversity in this film

They got just about every ethnic group in there

Republicans gon be mad watching this film

SomebodyElse and heavyarms21 like this.
  20. Jballer Black Belt

Jballer
    I just felt like he was completely underdeveloped. They ran through his whole backstory in like 3 minutes. And his whole motivation was what exactly?