SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for a well animated spiderman movie hopefully some they have good voice talent but knowing Sony maybe not.

You suggesting that something made by those fine folks at Sony isn't good. 1:52

Movie looks good.

Still can't believe they went with such a meta title.

loving the way the Keatons vulture looks

hate that RDJ has gotta stick his damn nose in this movie,

peter parker is supposed to be a scientist and apparently needs the almighty iron mans help to make his costume and who knows what else

Considering how utterly abysmal the "Amazing" films were (1 being far worse than 2) they need all the help they can get to make this one a success. They don't want to take any chances.

Tobey is still my favorite Spider Man and the Raimi films are still the best. I wish they would have brought him back for Civil War. Now that would have blown my mind.

Couldn't be happier they got rid of that asshole Garfield though. He was a HORRIBLE Spider Man. This new kid seems pretty good, only he doesn't bring the same gravitas as Tobey.

Update: January 18, 2017

It's Official: Sony's SPIDER-MAN Animated Movie Will Focus on Miles Morales

Sony-Pictures-Animation-Spider-Man-062016-Dragonlord.jpg

Sony Pictures Animation officially announced today that their upcoming animated Spider-Man movie will not feature Peter Parker as the titular webslinger but instead the fan-favorite character, Miles Morales.

ComingSoon was on the scene at the SPA campus in Culver City, California this morning and were treated to a brief Spider-Man tease that showed off some concept art and a graffiti-styled red and blue spider logo.

Although Morales is under the mask, the Spidey costume appears from the footage to be more in line with the classic blue and red design. There were also some shots of Spidey chasing Prowler and a massive Green Goblin statue. Although the animation is far from finished, it appears that film will employ a unique style that combines classic comic book illustrations with CGI. During the action sequences, frames flash from CGI to having textures straight out of a comic book page.

No casting has as of yet been confirmed, but the footage did end with someone (presumably Spidey) saying, “You don’t know what you’re missing, pal!”

Little else is known about the project, but 21 Jump Street and The LEGO Movie filmmakers Phil Lord and Chris Miller are set to write the script and produce the film, which will be directed by The Little Prince‘s Bob Persichetti, who is joined by Rise of the Guardians‘ Peter Ramsey. Look for it to swing into theaters on December 21, 2018.

Created by Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli, Miles Morales first appeared Ultimate Fallout #4 following the death of Peter Parker. The character has some of the same powers as the original Spider-Man, but he is also capable of briefly turning invisible and even a venom sting that can paralyze his foes.

Sony’s Animated Spider-Man Film to Feature Miles Morales!
Miles Morales is a fan favorite??

^ Blah. The color scheme looks too rainbow-ish. I prefer the alleged set photos of this Shocker:

Update: September 5, 2016

First Look at The Shocker in Costume from the SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Set

Someone has snapped the very first photos of Shocker on the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming. At this point, little is known about who took the photos, when the photos were taken, and who is under the costume. If a leaked call sheet proves to be authentic, which it appears to be, that would mean Riddick and Fargo actor, Bokeem Woodbine, is playing Herman Schultz (aka Shocker).

In the comics, Shultz is a career criminal that uses his brilliant talents as both an inventor and an engineer to build a pair of gauntlets, activated with a pump-action thumb trigger, that can create seismic disruptions. Since the vibrations can be very intense, he wears a heavily insulated costume -- with yellow quilt patches -- that absorbs the shock.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

14134670_1653981518264002_124102110_n.jpg

Spider-Man: Homecoming - First Look At Shocker On Set

I think it's a pretty cool and relatively faithful costume rendition of the Shocker from the comics.

577px-Shocker_(comics).JPG

^ Blah. The color scheme looks too rainbow-ish. I prefer the alleged set photos of this Shocker:

It's only artwork. I wouldn't look too much into it...yet.

Plus, the Tinkerer did some tinkering.

But why does his fists have electricity surrounding them, if he shoots air/wind?

Update: March 24, 2017

First U.S. and International Posters for SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

17493839_1822605828060084_7384872570966769664_n.jpg

C7tEFO3XgAEIejC.jpg:orig

Update: March 25, 2017

Spidey Heads Home to Queens in New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Poster

C7v8lqAVUAA0DiD.jpg

Update: March 27, 2017

New Images and Details on Michael Keaton's Vulture in SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Meet the Vulture, the Marvel supervillain with the most fitting nom de crime. He might have a cool name but Michael Keaton’s bad guy in Spider-Man: Homecoming (in theaters July 7) differs from the likes of Avengers villains Loki and Thanos in one important sense: He’s an everyman.

“My whole approach for this movie is that we’ve seen the penthouse level of the (Marvel) universe,” says director Jon Watts (Cop Car). “We’ve seen what it’s like to be a billionaire inventor and to be a Norse god. We’ve seen the very top of this world. But we’ve never seen what it’s like to be just a regular joe.”

636259072603787578-DF-16723-r.jpg

A feathered fiend from 1963 who was the second villain Spidey faced in comic books, the Vulture is getting a modern makeover with a wicked high-tech wing suit and even a relatable day job.

Fourteen previous Marvel films have seen a number of huge superhero battles leave a ton of destruction in their wake, and Adrian Toomes (Keaton) is a blue-collar sort who runs a New York salvaging company that cleans up after these messes. However, he becomes irked when after one altercation, a new government organization, founded by A-list businessman Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), steps in to take over.

Toomes “has a bone to pick” with Iron Man’s high-profile alter ego, says co-producer Eric Hauserman Carroll, and "sort of becomes the dark Tony Stark": He and his crew — including the Shocker (Bokeem Woodbine) and the Tinkerer (Michael Chernus) — use scavenged alien artifacts and stolen advanced tech to put together amazing weaponry to sell to other criminals. "He thinks once he has this money and power, he'll have more control of his life," Carroll adds. However, it doesn’t take too long before they get on the radar of their friendly neighborhood Spider-Man (Tom Holland).

636259072425166433-tra5820-comp-v045.1025.jpg

“I like the idea that in these huge movies, you pick out one extra and you’re like, ‘What does he think of all this?’ ” Watts says. “Sometimes these movies are so casual about just destroying whole cities and incredible things happen and everyone’s like, ‘Eh, whatever.’ If that really happened, it would be amazing and change everything.”

Plus, with his new baddie Watts gets to use "this neat junk from all the other movies," he says. "It’s a really great starting point for the villains to have the Vulture picking over the stuff and finding the valuable exotic elements and having the Tinkerer assemble into something that could be used.”

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a place “where you can be a villain and a real person, too,” Watts says. “Being a supervillain isn’t necessarily your full-time job.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...is-vulture-in-spider-man-homecoming/99534662/

Damage Control finally showing up?

Update: March 27, 2017

Sneak Peek at the New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer on Tuesday

First look at the new Spider-Tracer deployed from the chest emblem.

I have a feeling this is going to suck

Seems too young to me

Vulture has always been a b tier villain

I have a feeling this is going to suck

Seems too young to me

Vulture has always been a b tier villain
You keep talking smack and @Dragonlordxxxxx is gonna chokeslam you through a table again

I'm looking forward to this movie. I also didn't know a new trailer was dropping tomorrow.

<{jackyeah}> I'm excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back