SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Q&A Holland did on Facebook just now was pretty funny. Tom seems like a great dude.

Vulture definitely looks like he is going to be Marvel's first credible villain in like, forever.

Least favorite thing is Stark is going to be the mentor type for Peter instead of Uncle Ben. But everything else looks great.

Vulture definitely looks like he is going to be Marvel's first credible villain in like, forever.

Least favorite thing is Stark is going to be the mentor type for Peter instead of Uncle Ben. But everything else looks great.
To be honest, I like Stark showing up in other people's movies. Stark was pretty much the one who started the MCU with an amazing movie (but shitty sequels). He and Cap are kinda the glue that holds everyone together.

To be honest, I like Stark showing up in other people's movies. Stark was pretty much the one who started the MCU with an amazing movie (but shitty sequels). He and Cap are kinda the glue that holds everyone together.

I don't mind him showing up either. I just don't want him to be a complete stand in for Uncle Ben. Hopefully his screen time is kept to a minimum. Same with Cap.

Update: December 9, 2016

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Sequel Set for July 5, 2019 Release

snmd4w.png

Spider-Man will continue to spin his web.

Sony has set Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 for a July 5, 2019 release date. The studio has also moved Will Smith and Martin Lawrence's Bad Boys 4 ahead more than a month to make room. Bad Boys 4 will now open May 24, 2019, moving from its original July 3, 2019 date. (A third Bad Boys film, Bad Boys For Life, is already set for for Jan. 12, 2018.)

Bad Boys 4 is now set to open against Warner Bros.' Minecraft movie, while Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 is opening the same weekend as an untitled Illumination Entertainment franchise film from Universal.

Tom Holland, who made his debut as the hero in this summer's Captain America: Civil War, has a six-picture deal to play the webslinger in three solo movies and three other appearances in Marvel Cinematic Universe films (such as an Avengers film).

The July 2019 release date for the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel currently is the furthest date for the MCU, which also has an untitled Avengers 4 is set for May 3, 2019.

'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Set for 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moved Up to May 24, 2019

Not saying the movie will be shit or anything but that trailer was very underwhelming.

Loved spidey in civil war and this movie could be great but I'm not interested in spidey checking out some horse face highschool girl. the action was nothing I haven't seen before. Keaton as vulture is cool but he's a second rate villain. not impressed

Gotg 2 trailer over this by miles and a day

You guys have to understand that Spiderman is still trying to figure his powers out in this movie. He is an absolute geek who got these powers, he isn't just going to start punching (never threw a punch in his life) and picking up cars.

You will see him figuring out how to use his powers and discovering new traits throughout the movie. Saying Spiderman is a strong enough character to NOT need Ironman is accurate, but in this iteration, he is VERY green.

This movie is gonna kick some serious ass. Holland is an A+ choice, and RDJ is a welcome addition to any Marvel movie, as he always brings the lulz and does cool shit.

I don't think people have to be told to understand.

This is basically the 3rd reboot in a short amount of time. people are sick of it and really want the stories to move forward.

I like the kid but that trailer did absolutely nothing for me

Going to admit a sordid, embarrassing secret here...

I actually liked Iron Man 3 :oops:

Update: January 6, 2017

First Teaser Trailer for New SPIDER-MAN Animated Series

Update: January 6, 2017

Marvel Reveals Hi-Tech Upgrades to the Spider-Man Costume

Looks like star lord with wings

Lol, I hope there's a joke about this whenever spiderman meets GotG (I guess infinity war?) Just a quick "Vulture?" "No kid, Star Lord" to eye rolls from the other guardians and Drax saying "you're the only one who calls yourself that"

Update: January 18, 2017

It's Official: Sony's SPIDER-MAN Animated Movie Will Focus on Miles Morales

pD7Q4GP.jpg

Sony Pictures Animation officially announced today that their upcoming animated Spider-Man movie will not feature Peter Parker as the titular webslinger but instead the fan-favorite character, Miles Morales.

ComingSoon was on the scene at the SPA campus in Culver City, California this morning and were treated to a brief Spider-Man tease that showed off some concept art and a graffiti-styled red and blue spider logo.

Although Morales is under the mask, the Spidey costume appears from the footage to be more in line with the classic blue and red design. There were also some shots of Spidey chasing Prowler and a massive Green Goblin statue. Although the animation is far from finished, it appears that film will employ a unique style that combines classic comic book illustrations with CGI. During the action sequences, frames flash from CGI to having textures straight out of a comic book page.

No casting has as of yet been confirmed, but the footage did end with someone (presumably Spidey) saying, “You don’t know what you’re missing, pal!”

Little else is known about the project, but 21 Jump Street and The LEGO Movie filmmakers Phil Lord and Chris Miller are set to write the script and produce the film, which will be directed by The Little Prince‘s Bob Persichetti, who is joined by Rise of the Guardians‘ Peter Ramsey. Look for it to swing into theaters on December 21, 2018.

Created by Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli, Miles Morales first appeared Ultimate Fallout #4 following the death of Peter Parker. The character has some of the same powers as the original Spider-Man, but he is also capable of briefly turning invisible and even a venom sting that can paralyze his foes.

Sony’s Animated Spider-Man Film to Feature Miles Morales!

I'm excited for a well animated spiderman movie hopefully they have some good voice talent but knowing Sony maybe not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back