SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided that the next Spider-Man story after Homecoming should be Spidermen.

IMG_1073.JPG

It's a great way to introduce Miles Morales. It uses a classic Parker villain. And if need be, has Stark available in it.

@Dragonlordxxxxx have you cashed for Miles Morales yet? I'd be interested.

I have a few actors in my mind last year but no official fantasy casting yet.

I would say Skylan Brooks. Add a little muscle and he can pass for Afro Rican. All the usual suspects are too old now. Michael B. Jordan would have been perfect a few years ago.
IMG_1074.JPG

Update: April 13, 2017

DOPE's Shameik Moore to Voice Miles Morales in SPIDER-MAN Animated Movie

Shameik-Moore-Miles-Morales-Spider-Man-Dragonlord.jpg

Shameik Moore, one of the breakout stars of indie Dope and Netflix's hip-hop drama The Get Down, will voice the Marvel superhero in Sony Pictures Animation's untitled Spider-Man feature project.

The project does not spotlight Peter Parker as the web-swinging wonder but Miles Morales, the popular incarnation introduced in 2011 who is half black, half Latino.

At the same time, Ray Donovan topliner Liev Schreiber is joining the project as the voice of the movie's villain. The character's identity is being kept locked tight.

Phil Lord wrote the project and is producing alongside his Lego Movie and Han Solo movie co-director, Chris Miller.

The Little Prince writer Bob Persichetti is set to co-direct alongside Peter Ramsey (Rise of the Guardians).

Plot details are a secret, but the focus is on Morales as he juggles school life and superheroics in the classic Spider-Man mold.

Morales was created by Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli and was introduced in 2011 as part of the Ultimate Marvel imprint, which told tales set in an alternate story universe.

Animated Spider-Man Film Finds Its Miles Morales in Shameik Moore; Liev Schreiber to Voice the Villain (Exclusive)

Update: April 13, 2017

DOPE's Shameik Moore to Voice Miles Morales in SPIDER-MAN Animated Movie

Shameik-Moore-Miles-Morales-Spider-Man-Dragonlord.jpg

Shameik Moore, one of the breakout stars of indie Dope and Netflix's hip-hop drama The Get Down, will voice the Marvel superhero in Sony Pictures Animation's untitled Spider-Man feature project.

The project does not spotlight Peter Parker as the web-swinging wonder but Miles Morales, the popular incarnation introduced in 2011 who is half black, half Latino.

At the same time, Ray Donovan topliner Liev Schreiber is joining the project as the voice of the movie's villain. The character's identity is being kept locked tight.

Phil Lord wrote the project and is producing alongside his Lego Movie and Han Solo movie co-director, Chris Miller.

The Little Prince writer Bob Persichetti is set to co-direct alongside Peter Ramsey (Rise of the Guardians).

Plot details are a secret, but the focus is on Morales as he juggles school life and superheroics in the classic Spider-Man mold.

Morales was created by Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli and was introduced in 2011 as part of the Ultimate Marvel imprint, which told tales set in an alternate story universe.

Animated Spider-Man Film Finds Its Miles Morales in Shameik Moore; Liev Schreiber to Voice the Villain (Exclusive)
<mma4>

What about my suggestion above?

Did somebody say Miles Morales?

raw

For those that don't know, Miles Morales was the first of the recent trend of superheroes of switching sex or race in alternate versions.

A black Spider-Man that looks like a young Barack Obama... the new Iron Man being a teenage black woman.... a Marvel Girl that's Muslim...

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/marvel-admits-diversity-push-cost-them-comic-sales

This 'trend' never increased in increased sales, with the exception of Miles Morales first appearance, his character never out sold a Peter Parker issue within the Ultimates line. Period.

So, whenever there's an article of the sudden excitement that Miles Morales MIGHT have a role in the Spider-man sequels... don't fall for it. The studio may want to do it in an attempt to 'reach out to a new audience,' but the exact same thing that happened to comic sales, will happen to ticket sales. These articles are 'feelers' to gauge the responses from the general public.

No, we just need one Spider-man. And if you need two, call Tobey McGuire.

And why you're at it, in the next Blade movie, make him a white teenage girl that self-identifies as a black male vampire in his mid-30s and is transitioning to becoming a woman.

I'd actually pay money to see that. :p

<codychoke>
I like Miles. Fuck Peter.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

I hope they replace Peter quick. We've seen him in like 6 movies now. Miles would be an awesome change

For those that don't know, Miles Morales was the first of the recent trend of superheroes of switching sex or race in alternate versions.

A black Spider-Man that looks like a young Barack Obama...

Black AND Puerto Rican, if I remember correctly.

I'm a huge Keaton fan but I'm not sure if he's right for this part. I like the irony of Birdman playing a Birdman but I think they should have cast someone else.

I'd be surprised if Keaton is less than awesome in this.:cool:

Skylan Brooks is okay-ish I guess but I would prefer someone better looking for Miles Morales.

skylan-brooks-web-header.jpg

I tried, but my Googlefu failed me. He was all I could find. If MBJordan was only younger.

Update: April 21, 2017

Three New Images from SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

xpQdq9L.jpg

qCm6oSz.jpg

GFBWWRE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back