Spider-Man Could Be in the X-Men Universe as Sony in Talks with Fox

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Spider-Man Could Possibly Be in X-Men Universe as Sony in Early Talks with Fox

JegXfEt.jpg

Last week, it was reported that Disney was in talks with 21st Century Fox to acquire a number of assets, including the movie studio responsible for franchises like Fantastic Four, Planet of the Apes, and X-Men. Talks reportedly fell through but a new report reveals that Sony Pictures may now be interested in acquiring the company, a surprising move but one which makes perfect sense thinking about it.

The Washingon Post reveals that Fox has only been informally approached by Sony and that means talks are in the very early stages. Bear in mind that the studio has been struggling for a while in terms of output and after losing the James Bond franchise, Sony could do with gaining a lot of new IPs.

While Marvel Studios has been happy to share Spider-Man with Marvel Studios in order to redeem the character, they're forging ahead with a number of separate spinoffs and so it's probably best not to assume that this means we'll see the X-Men and Fantastic Four join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even so, it does open the door to Spidey or characters like Venom and Black Cat meeting up with Wolverine and The Thing.

X-Men In The Spider-Man Universe? Sony Pictures Now Said To Be In Talks With Fox

Sony playing both Marvel and Fox sides like a Yojimbo pimp?

Sort of want.

Does this uncluge the Marvel world at all? I don't know if I care for anything short of all the Marvel characters existing in the same world to be honest. Or at least moves that get us closer to that.

Whoring out Spidey? And moments after they finally saved the character and the franchise. Not sure i like it...

So many other cool characters they could explore. That's what always made the X Men great. They don't need Spidey.

Tobey Spiderman in the Hugh Jackman x men team would've been sweet

Superhero movies are getting dull especially DC

200.gif

I'm getting real tired of your stuff, Master Sony. Only way I'll go along with this deal is if they give the rights to 21st Century Fox, and then are bought by Disney.

Could be fun to do a “spider man needs the fantastic fours help” kind of story. They have done that a lot in the past and it might be the only way to make the FF work in a movie.

Also Wolverine, Spider-Man and Nightcrawler getting together to fight sabertooth with the venom symboite on him alongside maybe doc Ock and mysterio might be a real trip

Yes, we need more superhero movies. They’re so original and thought-provoking.

So many other cool characters they could explore. That's what always made the X Men great. They don't need Spidey.
Lol explore.

Exploring is for movies like the Piano. These are comic flicks. I mean you just take whatever character is cool and throw him into a struggling franchise and whammo! It prints money!

JK I agree with you.

This just reeks of thirstiness.

As for superhero teams, Spidey works way better with the Fantastic Four (too bad the movie franchise is shit). Other than Osborn, Johnny Storm is Spidey's best friend.

Disney should buy out both these whores.

Back