Spence vs Peterson Predictions please!!

Everybody is a future journeyman. It just depends on how long you decide to stick around.
Thats not really true. Ali was never a journeyman, no matter how badly he faded.

Porter is pretty much the definition if it already, minus a few losses on his resume.

Spence started really really slow vs Brook but he came back and destroyed him, it might be a slow start again but I think he destroys Peterson in the middle rounds.

Spence started really really slow vs Brook but he came back and destroyed him, it might be a slow start again but I think he destroys Peterson in the middle rounds.

I think Spence had a plan and focused on slowing down Brook with bodywork first. Peterson is a slow starter and I think Brook outguns him pretty clearly, so I believe we'll see a much more aggressive version of Spence.

NO one is backing Peterson in this fight. Spence is a level above everyone at ww

In the brook fight i think the travel had a little bit of effect on spences performance, i also think brook fought one of his best fights for the first 6 rounds of the fight. i think with spence fighting back here in his comfort zone, we will see a very special performance. After this fight, i will be very mad if we dont see spence fighting porter, thurman, or crawford next. id love to see him destroy those guys especially porter! i cant stand him for some reason.

NO one is backing Peterson in this fight. Spence is a level above everyone at ww
I think Peterson puts on a better show than hes getting credit for.

(I still expect him to get dropped lol.)

I think Peterson puts on a better show than hes getting credit for.

(I still expect him to get dropped lol.)
I think so too. Peterson has only really been dominated one time.

Thats not really true. Ali was never a journeyman, no matter how badly he faded.

Porter is pretty much the definition if it already, minus a few losses on his resume.

Porter is 5-1 in his last 6 fights, and he's still a top 10 welterweight. What is your definition of a journeyman?

Porter is 5-1 in his last 6 fights, and he's still a top 10 welterweight. What is your definition of a journeyman?
A guy who beats other mediocre fighters or shot names but always loses to the elite. You'll see, he'll slowly fade down the rankings and be a stepping stone in a couple of years.

A guy who beats other mediocre fighters or shot names but always loses to the elite. You'll see, he'll slowly fade down the rankings and be a stepping stone in a couple of years.

By that definition, I pretty much agree. I don't really think of a journeyman as being a top 10 guy though. When I think of a journeyman, I think of a guy like Mauricio Herrera, or Mike Alvarado.

But anyways, I don't think Porter will fade away quickly, his mauling style seems like one that he can continue with for a long time. He relies more on strength and stamina than quickness or reflexes. He has great work ethic too, and stays in top shape. I bet he's a top 10 guy for like 5 more years.

By that definition, I pretty much agree. I don't really think of a journeyman as being a top 10 guy though. When I think of a journeyman, I think of a guy like Mauricio Herrera, or Mike Alvarado.

But anyways, I don't think Porter will fade away quickly, his mauling style seems like one that he can continue with for a long time. He relies more on strength and stamina than quickness or reflexes. He has great work ethic too, and stays in top shape. I bet he's a top 10 guy for like 5 more years.
Both guys you mentioned were top 10, I believe.

Porter never gets the credit he deserves because he is one of the worst tv fighters of this generation. Yes he wins almost all the time but it's such a eyesore even his fans are frustrated by the end of the night. Hold, lunge, maul, clinch, headbutt, 7 lowblows, hold, elbow, lung then when his opponent is wrestlefucked to exhaustion he starts throwing bombs. I for one am glad he lost his only two really big fights. Ugly ass, dirty ass fighting style.

Both guys you mentioned were top 10, I believe.

Yeah probably at some point. But they have more losses, and losses to worse opponents than Porter. I think Porter is clearly a class above them.

Yeah probably at some point. But they have more losses, and losses to worse opponents than Porter. I think Porter is clearly a class above them.
I don't mind Porter or anything. He makes pretty good fights sometimes. I just don't think he's even going to be one of the best. He'll be a guy the best beat on the way up.

OHHHHH BOYYYYY... This fight is almost here!!!!! i cant wait!! i feel like a kid in a candy store!!! between this fight and ufc 220 being on the same night, its gonna be one helluva night!!

spence peterson
stipe francis

YEAHHHHH BOYYYYYY!!!

There's a reason they truck Peterson in for these big fights: to give the A side an established guy that has experience and will keep the A name busy and working on something. I like Peterson in some ways (the steroid controversy always bugged me though), but just can't see him winning. Garcia can't chase guys so Peterson could stay away (maybe too much in that case). Spence is inexorable. Predictable, but inexorable. I think he stops Peterson, and if he doesn't Peterson has shown us some things to exploit in Spence's game.

Spence via whatever the fuck he wants.
This really. This isn't a competitive fight by any means even though some might want you to believe so.
Probably a stoppage.

Back