Spence vs Lamont Peterson January 20th Showtime. Barclays Center

Peterson is ok, but I think Spence spanks him and sends him to bed hungry.

This is gonna be one hell of a fight on the inside. If Spence doesn't end him before he gets there. I'd say Lamont's got the best inside work at 147. But then again Danny had em' reluctant to engange for large parts, so maybe he doesn't tempt fate vs Spence...interesting fight never the less though

Spence needs to work on his inside fighting Defense cause he stays to long on the inside and gets hit and he smothers his own counter punches cause hes to close. He might of done this on purpose, cause he saw GGG pressure Brook and he didn't like it and he didn't fear what was coming back at him. But that's a big mistake that can catch up with him later on with a strong puncher that can hurt him.
GGG putting pressure on Brook to make him fight cause he doesn't like pressure fighting.

Spence putting pressure on Brook like GGG did but just like GGG he gets hit to much smothers his own punches blamed it on the layoff. So it looks like people called him out on this and he didn't intend to fight like this getting hit.

So hes still has a lot of work to do and still has to show me hes that good, that gifted of a fighter.

But Floyd has seen him up close and says hes the truth. I want to see it though cause iv heard of those world beaters killers in sparing that boxers trainers talk about, but in the ring they shell up under the lights.
He could be one of those type of fighters, he blamed the Brook fight on the layoff. But Floyd took 1 year off and came back and made it look easy but that's Floyd. But Floyd is a Jim rat that soaks up information.

Spence might just be a Jim star but looks different, in a fight makes mistakes in the Ring that he wouldn't do in the Jim and one day he might pay for it.

If he fights Keith Thurman like Brook inside trying to overpower him, hes in for a big surprise like Garcia was surprised.

Hes still good enough to be champ and he is but is he the truth. The World Beater that cleans out 147 and 155 and is champ at 160, we will see.

Given that Charlo is sparring Spence for his upcoming fight at LMW, I'd like to see Spence move up ASAP.

What does this have to with anything? They're a weight class apart, both coming out of Houston, and have been sparring each other for years (on top of the fact that Spence is a southpaw just like Lubin). I'd like to see Spence move up when he's done with the WW division (i.e. not before a Thurman fight). What's the rush here?

Anyway, Peterson is a slow starter who has shown himself to be vulnerable early. He's a decent opponent, all things considered, but Spence could make him look several classes below and stop him early (similar to how Lucas destroyed Peterson a few years back).

It's pure garbage that Spence will only have fought once this year. His momentum will be just about gone by January.

What does this have to with anything? They're a weight class apart, both coming out of Houston, and have been sparring each other for years (on top of the fact that Spence is a southpaw just like Lubin). I'd like to see Spence move up when he's done with the WW division (i.e. not before a Thurman fight). What's the rush here?

Anyway, Peterson is a slow starter who has shown himself to be vulnerable early. He's a decent opponent, all things considered, but Spence could make him look several classes below and stop him early (similar to how Lucas destroyed Peterson a few years back).

I think a lot of his success has been because been bigger and stronger than the guys he's gone up against.

Peterson's gonna get run over, which will be a pleasure to see. I've never really forgiven him for the weaselly excuses when he was found to have synthetic testosterone implants before the aborted Khan rematch.

I think a lot of his success has been because been bigger and stronger than the guys he's gone up against.
brook is his best win and they were pretty much the same size.

he fucks people up because he packs a punch, not because they're undersized.

Who cares if Spence is going to outgrow 147? He can make it now, we're going to see him in good fights at 147. So Thurman or someone loses to Spence because Errol was bigger (that won't be the only reason but I'll entertain it): so what? So Thurman has a loss on his record that people can make excuses for. He gets paid, Errol gets paid, fans get a fun fight. Sounds like a good time to me.

There's nothing unfair about what Errol is doing. Not one thing. Advantages are advantages and fighters would be fools to ignore them because some fans don't think it's fair.

Peterson's gonna get run over, which will be a pleasure to see. I've never really forgiven him for the weaselly excuses when he was found to have synthetic testosterone implants before the aborted Khan rematch.

I forgot about that. I always kind of liked Peterson. Partly because I really dislike Khans personality and hearing all of his conspiracies about men in black hats had me chuckling. But he also gave Garcia a tough fight, who admittedly I thought was worse than he actually is.

Lamont was just a spoiler. Kind of like Emmanuel Augustus/Burton but with better management. I’ve got a soft spot for those types, the Burton’s and Gatti’s of the sport.

brook is his best win and they were pretty much the same size.

he fucks people up because he packs a punch, not because they're undersized.

Brook had just gone up and down two weight classes. We all saw how that ruined RJJ. Also Brook had just been broken GGG.

His biggest win was against another big WW. Even if he was only winning because of some massive size advantage, wouldn't you still want to see him fight at the weight until he at least proved he was the best there? He'll very likely be at JMW someday, but he can still make the weight and there is at least one great fight for him on the horizon there. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here and allow you to show this isn't more of your typical whining.

Yup.

Lamont Cheaterson is going to get steamrolled exactly like when he fought Lucas.

Peterson will be going to sleep inside 5

Peterson will be going to sleep inside 5

Hopefully he's at least getting paid well for this sacrifice. I like both guys, but Lamont's should be getting himself fitted for some pajamas instead of a ring-robe.

why did he vacate? is the regular one not allowed to be unified with?
I’ve got no idea so my because reasons isn’t meant to be unhelpful. Prince naseem couldn’t unify because he belts walked off if he tried to. It’s easier to make money if you have dumb and dumber fight and pay the sanctioning fee.

I’ve got no idea so my because reasons isn’t meant to be unhelpful. Prince naseem couldn’t unify because he belts walked off if he tried to. It’s easier to make money if you have dumb and dumber fight and pay the sanctioning fee.

I know english is a third language to me, but seriously what??? Seems like you got A.I communicating for you :D
As for the the topic, you got to wonder what these managers are thinking. Would seem like a good idea to keep that strap, to force Thurman's hand. Especially for Spence.

Back