SPECIAL W.R REPORT: "Donald J. Trump's Mostly-Peaceful California Tour 2016: Of Liberals and Cholos"

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
According to the schedule posted on Donald Trump's website, his campaign will focus on the biggest State in the Union before their June 7 Primary, with many rallies planned from April til June. The first stop will be in Costa Mesa (Orange County), followed by the California Republican Convention in the Bay Area, then Anaheim (Orange County), Fresno, San Diego, San Jose, and concludes at Redding.

The Golden State, as you know, have no shortage of Liberals and Cholos, and both groups have promised that they will put their love and tolerance on display, by bringing their mostly-peaceful protest to his rallies.

Stay tuned, this special Play-By-Play report will be updated in real time as the events unfold! :cool:

Arkain2K
Thread Index:

------

Donald Trump Heading To Orange County For California Rally
April 27, 2016 5:32 PM

1200x675

Donald Trump is courting Golden State voters who could put him over the top in GOP convention delegates.

The presidential candidate will kick off his California campaign with a rally in Costa Mesa Thursday night before he addresses the state’s Republican convention on Friday, his campaign announced.

“It just gives us an opportunity to get into the state and say here we are,” said Trump’s California campaign manager Tim Clark. “We can draw volunteers as far south as San Diego and as far north as Los Angeles.”

Clark said tickets have been going fast since the event in Orange County was announced Wednesday but he did not have an estimate of how many would be available.

Fresh off a sweep of five Northeastern primaries, Trump hopes to lock up the nomination with California’s June 7 primary.

The rare importance of the state’s vote, which has the last primary in the country, is signified this year by the attendance of all three candidates at the weekend convention in Burlingame, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Joining them is Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s newly announced running mate, Carly Fiorina, a former U.S. Senate candidate in California.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...eading-to-orange-county-for-california-rally/

Last edited:
Anaheim City Councilwoman to consider denouncing Donald Trump 'rhetoric'
By Chris Haire | Long Beach Press-Telegram | April 22, 2016

Kris-Murray_2748.jpg

ANAHEIM – Councilwoman Kris Murray is asking her colleagues on the City Council to join her in denouncing presidential candidate Donald Trump’s campaign rhetoric, which many have said disparages Muslims, Latinos, women and other demographic groups.​

The council is expected to vote Tuesday on Murray’s resolution.

“It’s important for the city to take a stand against divisive rhetoric that demeans large portions of our residents,” Murray, a registered Republican, said on Friday.

A pro-Trump rally is planned for Tuesday’s meeting, according to activist group We the People Rising.

John Bentley, a Trump supporter who runs an antique shop in Orange, said he disagrees with the characterization of Trump’s statements as divisive and offensive – and said he thinks such a declaration could hurt Anaheim.

“It’s wrong,” Bentley said. “There are a lot of Trump supporters in California. It’s a negative for Anaheim.”

The resolution says the City Council condemns “the divisive rhetoric of presidential candidate Donald Trump as contrary to the fundamental principles” of the constitutions of California and the United States and as not reflecting Anaheim’s “guiding principles of inclusiveness and kindness.”

More than half of Anaheim’s population is Latino, according to the Census Bureau’s 2014 population estimates. The city also has a large Muslim-American population in Little Arabia.

And, Anaheim attracts about 20 million visitors each year, many from around the world.

Council members Lucille Kring and James Vanderbilt said they also find Trump’s rhetoric “reprehensible.”

But, Vanderbilt questioned whether it’s appropriate to talk about a national election in a city council forum.

“I agree he’s said a lot of inflammatory things,” Vanderbilt said. “But I take a blanket approach not to take up resolutions outside the scope of the city.”

Kring said she still had to read the proposed resolution.

Mayor Tom Tait and Councilman Jordan Brandman, the council’s only registered Democrat, did not return phone calls for comment.

“I’m amazed the city is doing this,” Bentley said. “They’re stepping to the point where they could get a lot of feedback that is negative.”

Last edited:
Anti-Trump protester pepper-sprayed women and children at Anaheim's city hall
Associated Press | April 26, 2016

Supporters and opponents of Donald Trump have clashed in Anaheim, and police say five people – including two young girls – were pepper-sprayed by a demonstrator during the heated confrontation.

No serious injuries and no arrests were reported in the clash Tuesday afternoon as about 50 people confronted each other outside city hall, before the city council was to discuss a proposed resolution to condemn what it calls Trump’s divisive rhetoric.

One man unleashed pepper spray into the pro-Trump crowd.

Police sergeant Daron Wyatt says five people, including an 11-year-old girl and an eight-year-old girl, were exposed to the eye-stinging spray. Three were treated at the scene by paramedics.

Wyatt said the man fled and police were looking for him.

One woman wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat comforted the girls, whose faces were streaked with tears. The girls complained that their eyes and mouths hurt.

“I can feel it now, it’s pungent,” the woman, Lilia Zapatos, told KNBC-TV minutes after she was sprayed.

Linda Reedy, a member of the pro-Trump group We the People Rising, pressed an ice pack to her face after being hit by the spray.

The anti-Trump group goaded her and her friends, and one man jumped on one of her friends, she said.

“I just think they’re so out of control,” Reedy told the Los Angeles Times. “I’m so sick of the anger in this country.”

The confrontation occurred before the city council was expected to discuss a proposed resolution to condemn what the resolution called Trump’s divisive rhetoric.

The motion said Trump’s remarks which have been perceived as offensive to Mexican immigrants, Muslims and other groups are contrary to constitutional principles and don’t reflect Anaheim’s “guiding principles of inclusiveness and kindness”.

But Reedy told the Orange County Register that she considers the resolution as “un-American”.

“I’m a Trump supporter, but I’m here to support free speech,” she said. “Anaheim has more important things to worry about. What she’s doing is un-American.”

The clash came as Trump scored a five-state east coast sweep Tuesday to embolden his hopes of clinching the Republican presidential nomination without a battle at the convention.

Last edited:
How many news clips of fat children being hauled into ambulances do we all have to see before something is done about pepper spray?

Time to restrict pepper spray possesion to only the military, law enforcement officers and park rangers.

DEMAND ACTION

I'm beginning to understand why the left are gun grabbers. They know they can't be trusted with anything they could use to hurt other people.

I'm beginning to understand why the left are gun grabbers. They know they can't be trusted with anything they could use to hurt other people.

yea words hurt them so much and its devastating they can't handle pepper spray or chalk correctly lol

I hope they catch this coward and charge him with felony assaults for each person he hit.

Also what the hell a city council is doing sticking their nose into federal politics is beyond me. Don't they have real issues to worry about like roads and transportation?

They would have had no right to do that.

Mathematically he pretty much can't win the nomination on the first ballot. Announcing a VP seems... premature.

This one is a clear forceful ball placement through the basketball ring.

Anaheim shelves Councilwoman Kris Murray's anti-Donald Trump resolution
April 26, 2016

ANAHEIM - Anger filled the air in and outside Anaheim City Hall on Tuesday night as the council considered, but took no action, on a resolution denouncing "divisive rhetoric" by Donald Trump.

Supporters and opponents of Trump rallied outside, where there was a pepper-spray altercation, and later filled the City Council chamber to speak about the Republican presidential candidate.

After more than 5 hours of public comment and debate, the council voted 3-2 to take no action on whether to denounce the remarks by Trump and his comments on women, Latinos, Muslims, veterans, immigrants and refugees.

Mayor Tom Tait was one of three on the council who voted to table the resolution introduced by Councilwoman Kris Murray. The others voting to table the measure were council members James Vanderbilt and Lucille Kring. Murray and Councilman Jordan Brandman voted against tabling it.

Trump supporters in attendance applauded the vote.

At the start of the 5 p.m. meeting, more than 76 people lined up to speak in front of the council, many about the resolution that Murray introduced.

Murray, who later introduced an amendment to her original resolution to remove Trump’s name and denounce all presidential candidates with divisive rhetoric, said her intention was to stand up for those Anaheim minorities hurt by his words.

“I want them to know that they have a voice in the city,” Murray said. “Words can be harmful and can have a genuine impact in people’s lives and the council should weigh in on this.”

Tait said the city had no business weighing in on a national campaign.

“This is not an action I believe for a city council (or) for a government body to take,” he said. “There’s supposed to be an iron wall between campaigns and a government entity. We are not here to put a rubber stamp or stamp of approval for one campaign or one another.”

Many at the lectern directed their frustration at the Councilwoman.

Tait often had to press for civility, at times slamming his gavel to calm the contentious and unruly crowd. Police officers flanked the room. Two people were kicked out for interrupting a speaker.

“Freedom of speech – our First Amendment - is a very important one,” Tony Tarantino, an Anaheim resident, told the council. “You are stepping on an American citizen’s freedom of speech.”

“I was appalled by your resolution,” said Yolanda Lopez, also of Anaheim. “You want to take our constitutional right away from us? “I think all of you should be worried about Anaheim.”

More than 50 Trump supporters and opponents – about two dozen on each side – clashed. Five people were pepper-sprayed – three were treated at the scene, two didn’t require treatment, Anaheim police Sgt. Daron Wyatt said.

No one was taken into custody during the altercation, but police were working to find the sprayer, he said.

At least two of those sprayed were female Trump supporters and two were children, ages 8 and 11.

A woman wearing a red “Make America Great Again” cap was hit on the left side of her face with the spray. Both of her grandchildren were also hit.

Paramedics were seen pouring water into the victims’ eyes to try to remove the stinging spray. The 8-year-old cried hysterically.

Pressing a white ice pack to the right side of her face, Linda Reedy of Laguna Niguel said she was also hit with pepper spray.

“All I remember is a young man jumped on one of my friends and I told him to get off. Then I got pepper-sprayed,” said Reedy, 53, wearing a U.S.A. shirt and cap.

“I’m a Trump supporter, but I’m here to support free speech. Anaheim has more important things to worry about.”

“What she’s doing is un-American,” Reedy said of Murray, the councilwoman.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/trump-713651-great-donald.html

Cliff notes:
  • Anaheim's city councilwoman Kris Murray introduced a resolution to condemn Donald Trump and his "divisive rhetorics", ahead of the Donald's trip to California this week.
  • Kris Murray's resolution is widely criticized by the people of Anaheim for infringing on free speech, as well as the city sticking their nose in the national election. The Mayor himself says the City Council is in no place to choose one presidential campaign over another.
  • Large crowd of pro-Trump and anti-Trump demonstrators gathered outside City Hall during the vote. Anti-trump protester pepper-sprayed the women and children on the pro-Trump side, then ran off like a bitch.
  • After 5 hours of debate and numerous opinions from the residents in the meeting, the Anaheim City Council voted 3-2 to shelve the anti-Trump resolution.
That's just the prelude. I can already tell it's going to be action-packed tomorrow night when the Donald actually arrives in Costa Mesa!

I hope they catch this coward and charge him with felony assaults for each person he hit.

Also what the hell a city council is doing sticking their nose into federal politics is beyond me. Don't they have real issues to worry about like roads and transportation?

The Mayor of Anaheim also believe that every dollar put into Councilwoman Kris Murray's anti-Trump campaign (including salary for city staff's time) is an illegal use of tax-payer money.

Last edited:
The Mayor of Anaheim also believe that every dollar put into Councilwoman Kris Murray's anti-Trump campaign (including salary for city staff's time) is an illegal use of tax-payer money.
I would agree with him.

Is this just a political way of saying "Hey ladies, our ticket will get you a woman into Washington, too!"

If it is, I can't see how he didn't learn from the people and situation this is inevitably going to be compared to.

This was on my facebook page the other day. It is about taking a Trump supporter to Little Arabia in Anaheim where he would see Arabs and would hang out with a Muslim guy at his house.

I am not a Trump supporter but the big guy didn't come off badly. He just wants to know how to determine legitimate refugees from people pretending to be a refugee and trying to get into the US. I don't see anything wrong with asking that type of question.

The other guy did not come off well. He said that Trump really doesn't mean what he says. The guy probably likes Trump for saying what he thinks too.

How many news clips of fat children being hauled into ambulances do we all have to see before something is done about pepper spray?

Time to restrict pepper spray possesion to only the military, law enforcement officers and park rangers.

DEMAND ACTION

mandatory pepper spray of fatties needs to be encouraged

Reminds me a bit of the antifa crowd in Europe.

Fuck these little shits and throw them in jail.

whoever did this I'm okay with hanging him in the public square TBH

Citing 'racism' and 'sexism,' Democrats plan protest at Donald Trump rally in Orange County
By Luke Money | April 28, 2016

Donald Trump's rally Thursday evening in Costa Mesa is expected to draw loyalists as well as protesters.

The rally comes two days after backers and opponents of Trump clashed outside Anaheim City Hall before the City Council voted on a resolution condemning the presidential candidate and GOP front-runner. The resolution was not approved.

Anti-Trump protesters in Anaheim used pepper spray, and several people were treated by paramedics.

The Democratic Party of Orange County and Orange County Young Democrats announced Wednesday they are coordinating a protest against Trump on Thursday in Costa Mesa.

“We do not believe that there is any room for racism, sexism, religious bigotry, disregard for international law, violence or any other such phenomena in our political discourse,” the Orange County Young Democrats said in a statement. “As such, we expressly condemn Donald Trump, declare that his values are not Orange County’s values, and we urge all other citizens of Orange County to do the same.”

California’s presidential primary is June 7, though many voters are expected to cast their ballots by mail before then.

Tickets for Trump’s Costa Mesa rally are free for those who register at www.donaldjtrump.com/schedule. No banners, posters, signs, GoPros, selfie sticks or professional cameras with detachable lenses, tripods or monopods will be permitted.

The fairgrounds are at 88 Fair Drive.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-86942003/

Last edited:
Back