Speakers Corner : Whats happening out there thats killing your xmas buzz right now?

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
xmas is a time when everyone comes together and society reflects on itself.

whether its the news or stuff thats happening in your day to day life, that is the fruit of wider political/philosophical issues.

post whats killing your buzz right now.

20141216szomorum-karacsony.jpg

Last edited:
im tired of celebrities dying. especially musicians. wtf is wrong with this year? on xmas day as well.

also i see everyone acting xmassy, but i wonder if its all an act and they are all secretly lying and just counting down the hours. how many of these people are really doing anything selfless? this is a commercial wilderness of the soul in some ways. its like the opposite of what its meant to be about.

also why the fuck did cain get injured.

how the fuck is trump going to be president. they guy is a grifter and a game show host.

I hope you live long and prosper.

the commercial aspects of xmas, is something that in inherently political. just because it affects your day to day life, doesnt mean it aint political.

we always look at this as stuff that happens in the news, stuff that affects your life is political, if its roots are in issues that affect a lot of people.

Being 20 years old about to turn 21 and not having a single clue where to take my professional career because i wanna work so bad but third world shithole has no fucking jobs left except cleaning toilets for peanuts

Being 20 years old about to turn 21 and not having a single clue where to take my professional career because i wanna work so bad but third world shithole has no fucking jobs left except cleaning toilets for peanuts

see thats political. thats my point in this thread.

Sad that Europe is getting destroyed by rapefugees

Sad that the university and even public school system is brainwashing kids with cultural Marxism

My own life is going pretty great though fam, got a hotter gf, work has been good since I hired more people I can shitpost most of the day, I bought tickets for a 3 week vacation in February. I signed up to take carpentry classes at OCC at night just for fun. Trump is my president, Cowboys are winning. Hillary/CNN getting exposed.

Can't complain mang

Sad that Europe is getting destroyed by rapefugees

Sad that the university and even public school system is brainwashing kids with cultural Marxism

My own life is going pretty great though fam, got a hotter gf, work has been good since I hired more people I can shitpost most of the day, I bought tickets for a 3 week vacation in February. I signed up to take carpentry classes at OCC at night just for fun. Trump is my president, Cowboys are winning. Hillary/CNN getting exposed.

Can't complain mang

obviously i dont agree with all of that, but thank you for seeing what i meant by this thread.

were all doing some of the same things right now. usually thats working or dossing. right now most of us are doing the xmas thing and watching the news and also we are experiencing the politics of xmas first hand- whether it be the commercial aspects - poverty or having money and spending it all on whats meant to be a religious festival, or the people aspects- being alone and depressed or with lots of family and putting on an act, - or the personal aspects - questions of faith and were you are and where youre going in this world.

now not all of that is going to inspire people to make a thread, but a lot of it is the personal side of politics, and thats what im trying to get at in this thread.

i hope that makes sense.

see thats political. thats my point in this thread.
would it be more political if i said corruption and fkn stupid people voting for the workers party in my country have a little bit of blame in it ?

the commercial aspects of xmas, is something that in inherently political. just because it affects your day to day life, doesnt mean it aint political.

we always look at this as stuff that happens in the news, stuff that affects your life is political, if its roots are in issues that affect a lot of people.

News can be depressing. I'd say generally it is in fact.

I'd say generally most everyone has some angst about the future and things outside of their control.

For me, I come to the end of myself often, like I mean get into a pit of despair even. Then, honestly, I look to and think on God who is benevolent in nature, who demonstrated His love to everyone through Jesus. I pray and pour out my heart, ask to be cleansed of the bad and filled with His Spirit, the good. That's what I do.

But anyway, I wish you the best.

would it be more political if i said corruption and fkn stupid people voting for the workers party in my country have a little bit of blame in it ?

i think its very political. you are looking at your life because its xmas and theres shit getting in your way that is outside of your control.

thats exactly my point.

the personal is political.

so is a lot of stuff we are seeing in the news for that matter.

not all of it is thread worthy, but its worth having a thread where people can vent, over xmas, because this is an inherently politicised time.

News can be depressing. I'd say generally it is in fact.

I'd say generally most everyone has some angst about the future and things outside of their control.

For me, I come to the end of myself often, like I mean get into a pit of despair even. Then, honestly, I look to and think on God who is benevolent in nature, who demonstrated His love to everyone through Jesus. I pray and pour out my heart, ask to be cleansed of the bad and filled with His Spirit, the good. That's what I do.

But anyway, I wish you the best.

well thats nice. i guess thats a true role of religion.

i didnt know you had so much despair in your life.

i hope whatever youre dealing with is not something that takes the light out of life.

I hope the opposite for him.

im not letting the fact you havent been hung by nazi hunters yet ruin my xmas bud. it took 5 years to get hitler and 10 to get bin laden. i am hopeful they will get you soon.

well thats nice. i guess thats a true role of religion.

i didnt know you had so much despair in your life.

i hope whatever youre dealing with is not something that takes the light out of life.

Oh no, things are really good overall. I just think there's a lot of struggle in life. The news doesn't help either, most of the time.

I don't really know what this thread was about, I just started talking and tried to throw you some positivity.

i think its very political. you are looking at your life because its xmas and theres shit getting in your way that is outside of your control.

thats exactly my point.

the personal is political.

so is a lot of stuff we are seeing in the news for that matter.

not all of it is thread worthy, but its worth having a thread where people can vent, over xmas, because this is an inherently politicised time.
Yeah man, it frustrates the shit out of us.

I can't do shit about it. I can't fucking make the economy work and create more job opportunities.

The motherfuckers that don't have to work a day in their lives anymore cause they pocket all of our money are the ones that have to do something and they won't do shit.

Oh no, things are really good overall. I just think there's a lot of struggle in life. The news doesn't help either, most of the time.

I don't really know what this thread was about, I just started talking and tried to throw you some positivity.

its just about the personal side of politics, the news, philosophy etc. the things we post about.

a lot of people post from a partisan point of view, and i thought it would be cool if they posted from a personal one, given that xmas itself is a politicised time, because we are all doing much the same things, in this arcane religious festival with a secular identity.

I can't do shit about it. I can't fucking make the economy work and create more job opportunities.

The motherfuckers that don't have to work a day in their lives anymore cause they pocket all of our money are the ones that have to do something and they won't do shit.

i think that affects a lot of people reading this. either you are unemployed and dealing with the shit that goes with that, or working for an employer that has far too much leverage over you, because of a poverty of opportunity that exists.

either way you were meant to be riding out on your life and doing what you were meant to do, and building your career and life, not playing unemployed vs slave trader ad infinitum.

i dont have it too bad right now, but the lack of opportunity that exists out there does bother me, and i dont know that im doing what i was born to do, put it that way.

Why should people who've retired help you out? They've done their part, you just need to work harder and find your own way.

Back