Sparring stories from the masses

I think the 'in comparison' was pretty important there, hahaha. The man was a behemoth.

Also, this was in the Netherlands and I'm Dutch. 6'0.75" is the average height for a Dutch man. We tried to systematically breed out manlets.
Excuses, you're the @Pugilistic of Dutch bros

learned the hard way the importance of a cup..

nailed jewbaca (defied physics.. this smaller jewish fighter was some how able to grow hair faster then anyone I know.. including this bearded beast) in the family jewels sending him to the matt for an extended stay

following day he returned the favor (problem of a lefty vs righty, lost count the number of times one of us has nailed the other in the junk), and Im talking pin point accuracy since I was down for the count.. at first Im freaking out thinking he burst a ball or it some how shot up into the body for hiding. Eventually make it over to the bath room to examine my python.. attempt to piss and BOOM out shoots blood hahah

the moment I made it back home, went online and ordered a steel cup

nailed jewbaca (defied physics.. this smaller jewish fighter was some how able to grow hair faster then anyone I know.. including this bearded beast) in the family jewels sending him to the matt for an extended stay

following day he returned the favor (problem of a lefty vs righty, lost count the number of times one of us has nailed the other in the junk), and Im talking pin point accuracy since I was down for the count.. at first Im freaking out thinking he burst a ball or it some how shot up into the body for hiding. Eventually make it over to the bath room to examine my python.. attempt to piss and BOOM out shoots blood hahah

First time i forgot my cup some guy literally went to straight right my body and just punched me square in the dick

I learned the shitty way twice and it wasn't even in sparring (well MT that is)

Did drills and was paired with this dumbshit who tried to do everything fast even though there was no technique. It was a drill where we check to teep.

Well, he did it wrong, the check was half assed and the teep went to my nuts. 2nd time he almost fucked my knee up

Another one was from BJJ. New wrestler comes in and I couldn't take him down so I pull guard. He didn't want to be in guard and resisted, eventually he succumbed and his knee came crashing right into the jewels...

Last edited:
I was over in Amsterdam one day and decided to go visit Chakuriki, not to train but just to watch their training. I was greeted by Thom Harinck, who was about to start his class.

This tall lanky guy starts to beat the ever living crap out of a boxing bag, it was quite a sight. He then enters the ring and the pure violence he would unleash on his opponents was unreal. At one point he was sparring his own cousin, if I remember correctly, and I wouldn't bw surprised if the kid was pissing blood afterwards. Those body shots were brutal. I don't think anyone got out of that ring without being knocked down.

As you might have guessed, the tall lanky kid was a 20- year old Badr Hari. The delight he took in punishing people in training coupled with his talent was seriously scary.

Shit. True story ?

Must be terrifying to see Badr just dealing death like that.

damn, that sounds kinda serious.

I was off for a while with a messed up knee. Been training again and sparring as well. I came back with a new attitude which my coach tried to instill in me before i got injured "if you can outclass someone outclass them, shut them down." He wanted me to stop holding shots back and letting others work their game. (I put myself in bad situations to work out of them and learn he wanted me to stop)

Today i was sparring with one of the guys who likes to bang and throw super hard. He also likes to defend with a shoulder roll/lean thinggie (he is southpaw). I change stances a lot and got him to lean using a few southpaw jabs then i threw an overhand shifting to orthodox and caught him clean on the head. He dropped and sprang back up trying to regain balance (no idea if he went out for a second) that was the first time i ever dropped someone

A couple of weeks back, I get this guy who's very amped up. I could feel the tension when he connected on my guard. I nail him twice flush with fast rights so I know I have his number. Then I stop to tell him we should tone this down and he's like do what you want. I was like.. OK. Couple more exchanges and he's still throwing hard against my guard. Next exchange he dips into a lead kick and drops. I don't even remember why I threw that kick nor did it feel hard. Man, I felt so guilty enjoying knocking the guy down.

I was off for a while with a messed up knee. Been training again and sparring as well. I came back with a new attitude which my coach tried to instill in me before i got injured "if you can outclass someone outclass them, shut them down." He wanted me to stop holding shots back and letting others work their game. (I put myself in bad situations to work out of them and learn he wanted me to stop)

Today i was sparring with one of the guys who likes to bang and throw super hard. He also likes to defend with a shoulder roll/lean thinggie (he is southpaw). I change stances a lot and got him to lean using a few southpaw jabs then i threw an overhand shifting to orthodox and caught him clean on the head. He dropped and sprang back up trying to regain balance (no idea if he went out for a second) that was the first time i ever dropped someone
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Back