Sparring my dog

TroldeAnsigt

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hello sherddog

Today I played with my dog, and it started putting it's paws on me. I started to make a game out of it by taking it in clinch holds, and letting it get out before I took it in a new one.

Now I'm wondering. The game could be expanded to full on rolling, with me submitting my dog. I mean, if you lie down and put yourself in the guard, it will certainly crawl on you. Almost like an opponent trying to pass.

Anyone here have experience grappling with non humanoids?

EDIT: corrected som hilarious grammatical errors, such as "crawl in you".

My sister's got a large dog, 100% athleticism and brute strength, but because she's a rescue dog she's kind of needy, so she's always trying to jump up and lick your face when you're sitting down. And because she's pure streamlined muscle it's hard to keep her away by pushing on her chest (sometimes she goes through/around your hands and sometimes she'll tip you and your chair backwards), so I've started sinking a butterfly hook in to manage the distance. She hasn't figured out a way around it yet, so she just stretches her neck out and desperately waves her tongue at me.

TS is gonna submit his bitch

It's a male dog, but damn right.

I actually think a triangle might be do able on a dog. Armbars, not so much though.
RNC should work. I saw this article years back in blackbeltmag (don't judge pal) and it covered grappling with dogs

RNC should work. I saw this article years back in blackbeltmag (don't judge pal) and it covered grappling with dogs

My friend's grandmother tells a story about getting an attacking pitbull to release by checking its oil. With a vengeance.

My friend's grandmother tells a story about getting an attacking pitbull to release by checking its oil. With a vengeance.
I dunno if this is true, but someone told me that a dog's mouth in terms of oxygen intake is different from us. We can breathe even with our mouth closed, but they can't. It apparently is clamped air tight so they can only breathe through their nose, so covering up the nostrils ends up forcing them to open to breathe.

I dunno if its true, or just bro science horseshit

When I lived in an apartment my cat would jump on the microwave as a stepping point to do another jump and hang out on top of the cupboards. One time I bent down next to the microwave while he was in fill jump and it actually gave me a fat lip.

Finished him off later with a kimura

When I lived in an apartment my cat would jump on the microwave as a stepping point to do another jump and hang out on top of the cupboards. One time I bent down next to the microwave while he was in fill jump and it actually gave me a fat lip.

Finished him off later with a kimura

A kimura you say.
Now that I think about it, I think a kimura is pretty much universally applicable.

i used to flow roll with my roommates rottweiler

you cant submit a dog they dont know how to tap

I used to play with my bully.
Guard pass drill.
I play open guard and try to use butterfly guard to sweep him with hooks while he tried to pass.

It was lot fun.

He smashed me a few times because he ran at me with 27 kg and only 30 cm high at the shoulder.

Back