Sparring leads Skoglund to coma

Doesnt really say it was sparring that caused it but suffering brain injuries during sparring is more common than people think

It was good to read he’s in stable condition, hope he recovers soon.

Fucking horrible.. I like Skoglund a lot, he's boxed several times in Denmark - my home country

Fuck. Hope they caught it soon enough and that he recovers. We don't know the circumstances, and it's the nature of the sport, but hopefully it wasn't caused by typical "tough guy" sparring and an uninformed, dare I say ignorant, coaching staff.

Thoughts go out to him! People tend to forget how dangerous this sport can be until things like this happen

hopefully it wasn't caused by typical "tough guy" sparring and an uninformed, dare I say ignorant, coaching staff.
Lets hope not. I would feel like total shit if I sparred with my sparring partner and he ended up in a coma.

Miserable news. People do get knocked out in sparring, people can take beatings in sparring too. It's such a risky business. People focus only on the good the sport brings so everyone reads about it and then continues.

" Due to fight in London next weekend"

Sounds like he was getting his final sparring rounds in before the big show and ended up getting hurt. My coach shuts down sparring 2 weeks out from the fight - we have had fighters show up to the gym and spar a few rounds sooner behind the coach's back and get injured. Can't immediately blame this on the gym.

Damn. Glad he’s in stable condition...good work getting him to care...it’s not like a fight where there are medical peeps ringside.

He is a pretty good fighter with a huge heart. He should be done boxing, but hopefully he can still have a normal life.

Back