Sparring gone Wrong - When UFC fighters lose control

Overeem has lost a lot of fight IQ over the years, that could have been a clean headkick KO, but chose to go for the legs instead. 10 years ago that little girl would have left the ring in a body bag.

Man Wanderlei acted like a dick in both those vids

His sparring vs Werdum was under supervision and instruction of Cordeiro at Kings MMA. He was doing exactly what he was supposed to do.

They were preparing Werdum. Did you not notice how Werdum had no problem with it at all?

Overeem has lost a lot of fight IQ over the years, that could have been a clean headkick KO, but chose to go for the legs instead. 10 years ago that little girl would have left the ring in a body bag.

Needs more Hector Lombard, I remember reading that he would kill guys in sparring.

axe kick to the head seemed to set him off but in fairness we don't see where any of that gnp is aimed for or hitting. seemed the one visible shot wasn't to the head.
Yeah it seemed to me he was like, you axe kick me? I'm the MFCKN AXE MURDERER AND YOU WILL DIE

not in the werdum video. he was, at least to me, giving werdum a simulation of a guy charging him, and how to react to it. you can tell that he was doing that, because he stopped attacking halfway through the video, to give werdum a chance to go on the offensive.
Thats what i thought. They both have trained at chute boxe,they know the score. They wouldnt be doin that if they didnt want to.

Man Wanderlei acted like a dick in both those vids
You mean after some dumb fuck tried landing an axe kick durring lite sparring, you dont do shit like that and if you do expect to get a whooping

Needs more Hector Lombard, I remember reading that he would kill guys in sparring.
He’s arguably the most notirious gym bully in MMA.

This is just something I read at the UG forums, and not all rumors are true. But I read he got angry at some newb and KOed him with shots to the back of the head while the newb thought they were going light and he was on his back. Guy said he woke up and they had to tell him what happened, IIRC (read this years ago).

Might not be true, but from everything I’ve read about Hector, it’s believable. Lotta guys hate him for this, most notoriously Barnett.

Back