Sparring gone Wrong - When UFC fighters lose control

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Overeem is well known for being a gym bully.

Axe Murderer should probably only be allowed to spar with HWs

Not a fan of Uriah Hall.

Gym wars are cool and all, but very bad for your brain. And career longevity.

tnx men! i never watched that Wanderlei VS Werdum before!
Wanderlei's a savage!

when sparring goes right tho

The face of happiness

Man Wanderlei acted like a dick in both those vids

Uriah ko-ing someone by accident, but none of those sparringsessions are hard, not even close.
And no 1 lost control, it's all pretty tame.

Uriah ko-ing someone by accident, but none of those sparringsessions are hard, not even close.
And no 1 lost control, it's all pretty tame.
yeah overeem and the guy is definitely not hard...... or wand and werdum

That kind of sparring is detrimental to the career if done regularly. Even if you train for recreation you should not spar like this. I used to have gym wars myself and started having headaches at least once a week after training. Had left that shit and put on a gi to save the brain in the long run... Fighters i dont know how they are not reduced to mush after the age 35-40...

That kind of sparring is detrimental to the career if done regularly. Even if you train for recreation you should not spar like this. I used to have gym wars myself and started having headaches at least once a week after training. Had left that shit and put on a gi to save the brain in the long run... Fighters i dont know how they are not reduced to mush after the age 35-40...
Shut up, Joe Rogan.

axe kick to the head seemed to set him off but in fairness we don't see where any of that gnp is aimed for or hitting. seemed the one visible shot wasn't to the head.

second wand sparring was perfectly fine until the very end. and the end sequence wasn't sparring, it was vengeance. and i imagine ubereem couldn't spar without hurting people.

Gym wars are cool and all, but very bad for your brain. And career longevity.
you do need some level of fight simulation to prepare. at some point in your career you need it alot less, but the harder sparring DOES prepare you to fight. there's no other way really.

Overeem is well known for being a gym bully.

Axe Murderer should probably only be allowed to spar with HWs

Not a fan of Uriah Hall.

It is funny seeing dudes who get knocked out all the damn time now not wearing headgear.

Plus, not the first video of Uriah Hall going too hard against someone not at his level. Glad the asshold missed weight.

Boxers sparring makes this look weak in comparison. Boxers routinely have full-blown boxing matches as sparring sessions.

not in the werdum video. he was, at least to me, giving werdum a simulation of a guy charging him, and how to react to it. you can tell that he was doing that, because he stopped attacking halfway through the video, to give werdum a chance to go on the offensive.

Back