Sparring Gloves

MMAFanboy99

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Alright I've got a really awful pair of Ringside sparring gloves, and I wanna get a new pair of gloves that are a little better, without crazy spending. I've looked at some lace up gloves (if that even makes much of a difference) and I looked at the revgear sentinel boxing gloves (although I don't know how good revgear actually is). What's a decent sparring glove you guys you that isn't crazy expensive (without going for Everlast)?

Title Classic laced if you're worried about budget.

Revgear is kind of garbage. Title is a step or two up, probably the best deal you can get for $40, but still not great.

We all go for Rival Boxing around here. You can't go wrong with any of their products.

We all go for Rival Boxing around here. You can't go wrong with any of their products.

wow there now. Definitely not a part of the unanimous "we". Rival is good, especially for China-made. In my opinion, their bag gloves are ok (I've used the d30, tech is overhyped and a very expensive glove), sparring gloves (rs1) are better, but the thumb is not good at all. Fight gloves are pretty great, except for the very crappy l leather on the palm side which disintegrates. Backhand leather is nice, and it is definitely a great fight glove.

Their bodyshield is crazy expensive and I've not heard great things about them. Their heavybags are made by pro boxing supplies in southern california, so not their own. So no, I do not "go for" Rival boxing all around.

EDIT:
I do know that their fight gloves are made in Pakistan, not China. Their fight gloves are definitely a class above their other training products I've used.

wow there now. Definitely not a part of the unanimous "we". Rival is good, especially for China-made. In my opinion, their bag gloves are ok (I've used the d30, tech is overhyped and a very expensive glove), sparring gloves (rs1) are better, but the thumb is not good at all. Fight gloves are pretty great, except for the very crappy l leather on the palm side which disintegrates. Backhand leather is nice, and it is definitely a great fight glove.

Their bodyshield is crazy expensive and I've not heard great things about them. Their heavybags are made by pro boxing supplies in southern california, so not their own. So no, I do not "go for" Rival boxing all around.

EDIT:
I do know that their fight gloves are made in Pakistan, not China. Their fight gloves are definitely a class above their other training products I've used.

Nice rant but by "around here" i was referring to my gyms and training partners. Not the Sherdog forum itself.

Love my rival gear and supporting my boy Russ.

ha I thought you mean round here as in on the sherdog forums. glad you cleared that up.

The 18 oz RS1 gloves are the only gloves I've ever jammed my thumb in, twice for that matter. They're pretty good as far as sparring, but far from the best I've ever used, not even the best I've had at that price range.

Do you have much experience with other brands? You're pushing Rival like it's the best thing out there. If not, you should check some other brands out.

Your boy Russ is pretty cool. I am a fan even aside from his equipment business. I froze when he asked if I liked Rival gloves when I met him in Vegas before May/Maid II. I told him they were "okay" but that was my honest opinion.

ha I thought you mean round here as in on the sherdog forums. glad you cleared that up.

The 18 oz RS1 gloves are the only gloves I've ever jammed my thumb in, twice for that matter. They're pretty good as far as sparring, but far from the best I've ever used, not even the best I've had at that price range.

Do you have much experience with other brands? You're pushing Rival like it's the best thing out there. If not, you should check some other brands out.

Your boy Russ is pretty cool. I am a fan even aside from his equipment business. I froze when he asked if I liked Rival gloves when I met him in Vegas before May/Maid II. I told him they were "okay" but that was my honest opinion.

It's all good man. I've played around with Title, Ringside and the usual toy brands like Venum and all. Rival is very accessible here. The craftsmanship is good and they keep that innovative edge. I know there's other great brands, and some of the rival gear is a little pricey.. But that's what I've worked with and i can shamelessly say it's some good stuff. Eying out those Reyes Training gloves though.

Fairtex BGV6 for sparing are great. Just be sure to not use them on a bag or pads. Because they are marketed as strictly sparring gloves

I really like Rival's sparring gloves. The bag gloves...not so much.

TS was asking for sparring gloves that are not crazy expensive.

Ring to Cage have some good MIM gloves at a fair price. On of the best sparring glove I had was R2C stand up gloves. They were 35$ on Amazon.com

It's all good man. I've played around with Title, Ringside and the usual toy brands like Venum and all. Rival is very accessible here. The craftsmanship is good and they keep that innovative edge. I know there's other great brands, and some of the rival gear is a little pricey.. But that's what I've worked with and i can shamelessly say it's some good stuff. Eying out those Reyes Training gloves though.

Hey Predator, are you from Montreal ?

Back