SpaceX launches Falcon Heavy successfully - biggest rocket since Saturn V

"It looks so ridiculous and impossible," the SpaceX CEO told reporters after the Falcon Heavy megarocket launched the car into space yesterday (Feb. 6). "You can tell it's real because it looks so fake, honestly."

Musk went on to say that colors, in general, look strange in space, because "there's no atmospheric occlusion. Everything's too crisp," he said. But what did he mean by this, and is it true that colors in space don't look the same as they do on Earth?

First off, yes — colors do look "fuzzier" on Earth than they do in space, said Rick Sachleben, a retired chemist in Boston who is a member of the American Chemical Society's panel of experts.

Think of it this way: Light can travel through different mediums — including air, water and the vacuum of space — each of which has a different refractive index, he said. That is, these mediums bend light differently, which explains why colored light doesn't look the same in one medium as it does in another.
______________________________________________________________________________________

The 1988 McLaren MP4/4 Formula One race car color is not 'red'. The actual color is brighter than Fluorescent Red and darker than Fluorescent Orange. The Marlboro color is red, but not on the cars. Cool gimmick by Marlboro. It looks red on pictures and on TV, but if you saw it live, it was definitely not red. That was a surprise to a lot of people when they got to the racetrack.

More of what the actual color looked liked.
Mclaren_MP4_Marlboro_Red_Paint_60ml_44289.jpeg

What people thought the color looked like.
791px-McLaren_MP4-4_front-right_Honda_Collection_Hall.jpg

Right, I understasnd their explanation but just do not buy it

In order to accept the heliocentric design of the universe one has to ignore all of their own senses and perceptions and just trust that it is.

If pictures from outer space look completely fake well...thats what its supposed to look like.

If I can pull out some binoculars and pull a ship that was supposed to have gone over the horizon back into view well...thats just a mirage silly.

If we notice that images of the earth are photoshopped well...they have to be says nasa.

People in Australia stand right side up but are told they are upside down.

We are told nothing falls off the sides and bottom of the earth because of gravity but no one can actually show us that gravity even exists.

The sun looks to be pretty close and about the same size of the moon but again...its actually 90million miles away and my eyes have lied to me again so says mathematicians.

From what I can tell everything looks completely still and not moving yet I'm told I'm spinning in a circle and spinning around the sun and flying through space.

Stars are supposed to be burning balls of gas but look nothing like burning balls of gas.

Even the original experiments that supposedly proved the earth is round cannot be recreated...you just have to trust that people hundreds of years ago figured it all out.

Theoretical physicists produce these insanely long and complicated math formulas that take up a whole chalk board and say "see...it's been proven! Trust us".

One has to really start to ask themselves how they could even fall for such nonsense.

Mmmmm yeah, that's the good stuff.

The people in australia one had me in stitches.

In order to accept the heliocentric design of the universe one has to ignore all of their own senses and perceptions and just trust that it is.

If pictures from outer space look completely fake well...thats what its supposed to look like.

If I can pull out some binoculars and pull a ship that was supposed to have gone over the horizon back into view well...thats just a mirage silly.

If we notice that images of the earth are photoshopped well...they have to be says nasa.

We are told nothing falls off the sides and bottom of the earth because of gravity but no one can actually show us that gravity even exists.

The sun looks to be pretty close and about the same size of the moon but again...its actually 90million miles away and my eyes have lied to me again so says mathematicians.

From what I can tell everything looks completely still and not moving yet I'm told I'm spinning in a circle and spinning around the sun and flying through space.

Stars are supposed to be burning balls of gas but look nothing like burning balls of gas.

Even the original experiments that supposedly proved the earth is round cannot be recreated...you just have to trust that people hundreds of years ago figured it all out.

Theoretical physicists produce these insanely long and complicated math formulas that take up a whole chalk board and say "see...it's been proven! Trust us".

One has to really start to ask themselves how they could even fall for such nonsense.
<{1-1}>

Lol go hijack a different thread , preferably on a different forum.

Tesla is falling apart. Burning through money like crazy. This publicity stunt of launching a car into space was meant to distract from that. It didn't work. The company still hasn't made any money and is in debt up to its eyeballs. Way behind schedule on cars. Musk has broken so many promises. Spread himself way too thin. Telsa has major, existential problems. Losing engineers. Bush league engineering in general.

You're crazy

You're much more crazy. The world must seem so bewildering to you.

You should test it out for yourself.

Climb the tallest building and jump.

Shit is probably a hoax anyway.

TCK has been banned from this thread, so don't bother replying to him

You should test it out for yourself.

Climb the tallest building and jump.

Shit is probably a hoax anyway.

But that's just because he's heavier than the air

What's that? Why do things have weight? Who knows, just some invisible force.

He said from the start that he couldn't make cars for everybody and that his goal was to spur the other auto makers into developing electric vehicles , ask yourself this, would all these other manufacturers be building so many electric vehicles It weren't for Tesla ? ...... no they wouldn't , are you aware Tesla has opened their patents to the commons https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you

Do you know that Tesla makes more than cars and their shares are at 315 per

The truth is Musk said from day one that Tesla is not out make toys for rich people , if they wanted to do that they would be quite profitable,as it stands they have poured everything into trying to make a car that the average person can afford

Musk and Tesla are doing just fine

Their shares are less than 300 since this post. It used to be near 400. Musk has not delivered on promises over and over again. That is a fact.

I know a lot about Tesla and invested in them and was smart enough to get out. I sold at 350.

They are trying to make that Model 3. That is their their ticket to profit. They are behind and blew it. Derp. Their whole stock is riding on the Model 3. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Microsoft and a ton of shares are less expensive than Tesla. That means nothing. Microsoft is a much better company. Going for around $80

Last edited:
Their shares are less than 300 since this post. It used to be near 400. Musk has not delivered on promises over and over again. That is a fact.

I know a lot about Tesla and invested in them and was smart enough to get out. I sold at 350.

They are trying to make that Model 3. That is their their ticket to profit. They are behind and blew it. Derp. Their whole stock is riding on the Model 3. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Microsoft and a ton of shares are less expensive than Tesla. That means nothing. Microsoft is a much better company. Going for around $80
The model 3 is not their ticket to profit , it is the reason they have not shown a profit, the automotive division of Tesla will likely always be marginal , the power wall , solar roof etc on the hand are very promising.

This thread though is about spaceX......

Their fundamentals say otherwise. What am I wrong about?

That Tesla is falling apart, that the launch was intended to be a distraction, and that Teslas engineering is bush league.

It seems you're basing your opinions on the Model 3 production delays and the fact that the company hasnt shown a profit. Delays (especially for a brand new model) are pretty normal in the car business, and don't indicate a major failure. Tesla Motors wasn't ever expected to be an instant money maker, and it doesn't seem to bother the huge numbers of investors that have made it one of the most valuable companies in the world.

Criticism of their engineering prowess is ludicrous, considering what they've done

That Tesla is falling apart, that the launch was intended to be a distraction, and that Teslas engineering is bush league.

It seems you're basing your opinions on the Model 3 production delays and the fact that the company hasnt shown a profit. Delays (especially for a brand new model) are pretty normal in the car business, and don't indicate a major failure. Tesla Motors wasn't ever expected to be an instant money maker, and it doesn't seem to bother the huge numbers of investors that have made it one of the most valuable companies in the world.

And those same investors are selling them like hotcakes driving down the price.

Delays for a company without any market share won't last. GM has sold tons of Bolts this year. Tesla missed out.

It is a distraction, Musk said, "If we can put a car into space, we can make model 3s". He connected it to the event But they can't make model 3s as has been shown over and over again. Just another day at Tesla:

tsla.jpg

And again another delay.

Production holdups for Tesla’s Model 3 electric sedan are translating into delivery delays for many would-be owners, new reports indicate.

The electric car maker’s bid for the mass market has run into trouble in spite of what the company has said are nearly half a million Model 3 pre-orders. The firm has twice delayed its 5,000-cars-per-week production target, which still stands at sometime between April and June, Tesla announced during a conference call with analysts Feb. 7.

Tesla is struggling with what every Silicon Valley company taking its moonshot must ultimately do: scale. It expects to sell 100,000 Model S and X vehicles this year, meaning zero growth on that front. And even as Tesla boasts of growth on every other front, there's precious little to show for it in terms of operating leverage. For example, revenue jumped by 44 percent in the fourth quarter, year over year. Yet the company's gross profit increased by less than 1 percent, and its net loss more than tripled to its worst ever.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/ar...nings-putting-cars-in-space-but-not-showrooms

You haven't followed the stock or the company. I have followed it everyday for months.

The day after Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk blasted his Tesla Roadster into space, his electric car company's mounting losses brought him back to Earth again.

Tesla Inc. posted a record quarterly net loss of $675 million in the fourth quarter, up from a net loss of $121 million in the same period a year ago. The Palo Alto, California, automaker is struggling to meet production targets for its first mass-market car, the Model 3 sedan. It's also spending heavily on future vehicles, including a semi that's supposed to go into production next year.

Tesla lost $1.96 billion for the full year, nearly three times its loss of $675 million in 2016. The company has never made a full-year profit since it went public in 2010.

Steve Wozniak gets it:

• Steve Wozniak says he's tired of Elon Musk's promises and thinks Tesla needs to stop overhyping its self-driving technology.
  • At the Nordic Business Forum in Stockholm, Wozniak, a cofounder of Apple, shared his experiences driving — and upgrading — his Teslas.
  • "Now I don't believe anything Elon Musk or Tesla says, but I still love the car," Wozniak said, adding that other automakers were ahead in self-driving technology.
  • Wozniak says he prefers his Chevy Bolt but drives a Tesla on longer trips, pointing to its countrywide charging network.
"When a Tesla runs in any condition on a highway that is a little unusual — a cone in the middle of a lane — you have to move over," he said. "A dumb human or a smart human can easily do it, but the Tesla can't."

He added: "Man, you've got to be on your toes all the time with it."

Wozniak also said Tesla was deflecting responsibility.

"All Tesla says is, 'It's beta, so we're not responsible — you have to be in control,'" Wozniak said. "So that's kind of a cheap way out of it. Everything I've read told me that every other car manufacturer in the world — Audi and BMW — are actually ahead of Tesla for self-driving cars."

He owns one btw.

But for everyday life, "we always drive the Chevy Bolt EV instead of the Tesla, every day," Wozniak said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-wozniak-rants-against-elon-musk-and-tesla-2018-1

On Tuesday, analysts at Cascend Securities downgraded shares of the Palo Alto, Calif.-based automaker from hold to sell along with a $250 price target, indicating a 20% downside over the upcoming 12-month period.

Read more: Tesla Downgraded on Soft Model 3 Demand: Cascend | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/news/tesla-downgraded-soft-model-3-demand-cascend/#ixzz56dfh1cNc

Their projections are spot on so far. Much more accurate than Tesla's.

Last edited:
Back