Spacetime spinning side kick

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Taekwondo instructionals would not be complete without a spinning side kick thread.

Ready stance

MOV_1117_000010.jpg

Turn...

MOV_1117_000011.jpg

Lash out!

MOV_1117_000011.jpg

Why aren't you taking videos?

How about some boxing instructionals?
<{Heymansnicker}>

Why aren't you taking videos?

How about some boxing instructionals?
<{Heymansnicker}>

Because I'm not going 100% and some of my moves are exaggerated and slowed down for instructional purposes. I will put a video when I go 100%

One thing I have to ask is what's the difference between the spinning BACK and spinning SIDE kick. The back kick means you don't turn your body around as much but you still thrust? What's the right technique or form behind the spinning back, versus the spinning sidekick? Or are they the same? Spinning side kick you pivot and turn over more right?

One thing I have to ask is what's the difference between the spinning BACK and spinning SIDE kick. The back kick means you don't turn your body around as much but you still thrust? What's the right technique or form behind the spinning back, versus the spinning sidekick? Or are they the same? Spinning side kick you pivot and turn over more right?

Spinning back kick, you kick with the heel up, like a donkey kick. Spinning side kick, your heel is to the side, like a regular sidekick. I fucked up this instructional because the foot got cut off camera, but it is shaped like a normal side kick

So in a spinning back kick, your knee is pointing down to the floor.

Fuck off with those snapshots. Video is the only thing we need to see.

Its 2018.. Not 1998

So in a spinning back kick, your knee is pointing down to the floor.
Bullshit, my sidekick and back kicks both end with my toes pointing outwards, not down. In my style at least, the definition is decided upon if the kick's rotation starts with the knee pointing downward and rotating upwards ending pointing outwards(back kick) or if the knee is chambered upwards and rotated downwards ending pointing outwards(side kick).
<28><28><28>

I hate to be that guy spacetime, but you should be focused on learning instead of teaching

So a back kick chambers like a front kick and extends out in a straight line, whereas sidekick has a the sidekick chamber and extends in a straight line too, but the positioning are both almost the same but very different...

So a back kick chambers like a front kick and extends out in a straight line, whereas sidekick has a the sidekick chamber and extends in a straight line too, but the positioning are both almost the same but very different...

I probably wouldn't be asking spacethyme much my man. Least of all technical details

No. The difference is that the leg is twisted around and the foot is in this configuration, like a donkey kick

Attachments

• _20171229_184359.JPG
    _20171229_184359.JPG
    956.2 KB · Views: 5
Back