Space race: Boeing CEO vows to beat Musk to Mars

Hopefully they'll nail hypersonic commercial travel sooner rather than later and then hopefully all flights everywhere will be hypersonic. Imagine flying from Orlando to Tampa at hypersonic speeds. It'd be amazing. You'd practically be on your decent 4 minutes after takeoff. From Washington DC to LA in 45 minutes. From NYC to Sydney in 1h 50m. Incredible. Hopefully it's not just for rich people, but for all travelers.

As for commercial space travel, I have a hard time believing this will become a thing in any of our lifetimes.

Hopefully they'll nail hypersonic commercial travel sooner rather than later and then hopefully all flights everywhere will be hypersonic. Imagine flying from Orlando to Tampa at hypersonic speeds. It'd be amazing. You'd practically be on your decent 4 minutes after takeoff. From Washington DC to LA in 45 minutes. From NYC to Sydney in 1h 50m. Incredible. Hopefully it's not just for rich people, but for all travelers.

As for commercial space travel, I have a hard time believing this will become a thing in any of our lifetimes.

Close

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/09/nasa-and-darpa-working-towards-quiet.html

there working towards super sonic airliners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_X-30

there was this program, but they goverment didnt have the balls.

So whoever gets first dibs can claim to be owner of the entire planet of Mars? Is that how it works?

Bribe the ET's with Reese's Pieces to help us with more advanced technology.

So whoever gets first dibs can claim to be owner of the entire planet of Mars? Is that how it works?

Too late, Jebediah Kerman has already claimed it for all of kerbalkind.

Umm..... Orlando to Tampa is like an hour drive. Youd have to be a moron to take that flight, even now.

Umm..... Orlando to Tampa is like an hour drive. Youd have to be a moron to take that flight, even now.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

War Room topic says "Space Race".

I thought this was going to be some new racial discussion.

Once someone is born on Mars, there's bound to be at least one group that hates them.

Last edited:
Any reason why they're not starting with the moon first? Is there some unspoken reason like the aliens there aren't ready to introduce themselves yet?

Any reason why they're not starting with the moon first? Is there some unspoken reason like the aliens there aren't ready to introduce themselves yet?

The moon is a wasteland. Too small, tidal locked, almost no gravity, constantly bombarded by meteors and it isn't even feasible to terraform.

competition is great for the end goal, although I want to see musk get there first

It must be somewhat fascinating sending people to die on Mars.

I'm sure the British were just as excited when they said Bon Voyage to the families on the ships Susan Constant, Discovery, and Godspeed.

But seriously, It would be rather cool to die on another planet in the solar system than live an extra 20 years here and die just the same.

I mean death is coming for everyone. It knows no biases. And it's an absolute. We all take a ride on the river styx eventually.

So why the hell not go for something special and amazing.

I mean that's how i see it, anyways.

I mean my age, health, and economic status most likely means i'll never go. But even with the risks involved, I'll envy those that do. Could you imagine the possible view of a martian night sky into space?!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars-panorama-curiosity-selfie-night

Last edited:
Why is there a rush to get to mars?

So mankind can fast become a multi-planet spieces. It's also the door step to future deep solar system travel.
A lot of possibility's with that

Back