Southwest plane engine blew and plane depressurized

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update post 94: The hero pilot's name is Sammie Jo Shultz, one of the first female fighter pilots for the US Navy

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southw...landing-today-2018-04-17-live-stream-updates/

United has to be breathing a sigh of relief it wasn't them this time

Southwest flight 1380 had an "Uncontained engine failure" which is apparently a technical term for having an engine literally blow up mid flight. The flight had to emergency land in Philidelphia Also, in the CBS link, a new feature of social media was some passengers Facebook Live Streaming the emergency landing thinking they were all going to die. Mechanical maintenance records for the plane are already being pulled for investigation

Update: Reading one death. Shit. Good job to the pilot for keeping the thing flyable and not significantly worse that it could have been

Last edited:
Great, flying Southwest to Disney on Saturday

That's big for Southwest. Along with cheap tickets, their relative safety compared to other airlines was a big selling factor. I think this is only their second fatality ever.

Great, flying Southwest to Disney on Saturday

I flew United for my honeymoon shortly after the Asian doctor incident

Unfortunately I didn't get beat up and drug off the plane. Shame. The wife and I could have used a lawsuit to pay for our crippling student loan debt

I have been there like 10 times and it's never like that

Lol @ going to Disney land 10 times....

And lol @ claiming you don’t wait in long lines with fat Mormons there....

They also have things called fast passes... Very little time is spent waiting in line

Cool, what’s that? Like an extra 50.00 per shitty kid so you can go on tame rides and eat over cooked churros while walking around in spit and baby piss??? Do they even serve alcohol in the park?

Thats got to be pretty scary, huh? Being partially sucked out of the plane?

Cool, what’s that? Like an extra 50.00 per shitty kid so you can go on tame rides and eat over cooked churros while walking around in spit and baby piss??? Do they even serve alcohol in the park?
You seem upset.

Someone hurry up and suck this man's dick

Second uncontained engine failure they've had in 2 years.

Back