Southpaw Regional Wrestling

Holy shit this is amazing. Why can't wrestling actually be like this?

came to post this. IT'S INCREDIBLE! I'm bummed there's not alot more. Hopefully they keep it up, and maybe even throw in some shows with wrestling, too. So good.

Holy shit this is amazing. Why can't wrestling actually be like this?
There is wrestling out there like this
Chikara, Lucha Underground and Championship Wrestling From Hollywood are some promotions you may wanna check out

I'll check it out in a bit, but is it actually funny or is it "funny for WWE's writers" funny ?

edit/update:

I mean, it was good ... but definitely "funny for WWE" funny.

Last edited:
The NEWA beat them to the punch 30 years ago....

Some AWA cameos may surprise you.

came to post this. IT'S INCREDIBLE! I'm bummed there's not alot more. Hopefully they keep it up, and maybe even throw in some shows with wrestling, too. So good.

Watch Smokey Mountain Wrestling on YouTube. It's basically this. I am serious.

I'll check it out in a bit, but is it actually funny or is it "funny for WWE's writers" funny ?

edit/update:

I mean, it was good ... but definitely "funny for WWE" funny.

Nah, it's funny as fuck and Cena shines.

I'd take a loop of two minutes of Cena over Holy Foley or Camp WWE.

There is wrestling out there like this
Chikara, Lucha Underground and Championship Wrestling From Hollywood are some promotions you may wanna check out

Totally different. If you want shit like this, SMW. Or OVW. Kenny Bolin with Cena is some ridiculously funny shit.

It's funny but sadly appears to just be extended commercials for KFC.

Enjoyed it. Would be rad if it became a regular thing released every few months.

Nah, it's funny as fuck and Cena shines.

I'd take a loop of two minutes of Cena over Holy Foley or Camp WWE.

I haven't watched any Holy Foley because it looked like garbage. I watched first ep of Camp WWE, wasn't funny enough for me to even just leave it on as background noise. I'd put this above them but in the same category of "funny for WWE".

It's funny but sadly appears to just be extended commercials for KFC.

I actually thought the product placement was one of the most clever things. Was definitely a bit much of it considering the length of the eps, but they handled it well by keeping it in the era. Actually kinda helped fit the vibe they were going for, for my money.

What the fuck do you mean there is no leap year!?!??!? Seriously think this is the first time that I've enjoyed a Cena segment in a very very little ng time

I'll say this - if most of those segments were half as long, and there were about 50% more segments, it all would have come across a lot better. That style of humor needs more B storylines that go nowhere, just to break up the action - random one-offs / etc, and definitely needs more/faster cuts.

Maybe switch up the product placement a little bit - I do think it was thought-out / executed well (see my earlier post), but mixing it up a little maybe with some fake commercials as well would help it seem less in your face. I wouldn't mind if they kept the frequency even with the shorter eps as long as they trimmed down their length a bit (and also, again, mixed in fake commercials).

Goddamn I'm giving them so many ideas for free.

Last edited:
Back