South Korea, Japan balk at admitting Syrian refugees, “prefer to protect our women"

Wouldn't it be funny if a war broke out between North and South Korea and we were denying Koreans refugee status because "civil war is not sufficient grounds for granting refugee status".
South Koreans aren't Muslims coming from a violent, hateful environment of the West.

LMAO @ YOU AND ALL THE IDIOTS LIKING YOUR POST

The Koreans and the Japanese don't really bear any responsibility in the Middle Eastern situation. Better not involve them in this.

It is simply a statistical fact that taking in massive amounts of young, able-bodied men without being capable of offering them much to pass their time with (especially from a rather "male-dominated" culture such as Islam), is likely to result in a large spike in crime and sexual molestation of women.

Doesn't take a genius to figure that out really. We have to operate based on reality, not make-believe fantasy.

No you're not lmfao.

No...but if I were single I would in a heart beat!

Love the culture, the woman are hot as fuck and the men there would rather date sex dolls so you could have your pick of the litter.

cute-japanese-girl.jpg

No...but if I were single I would in a heart beat!

Love the culture, the woman are hot as fuck and the men there would rather date sex dolls so you could have your pick of the litter.

cute-japanese-girl.jpg
Haha I wasn't even talking about your willingness to move there though. Immigrating to Japan is almost impossible. Trust me i would love living there. I'm a 6'4 white man, I could live like a king there.

As most people on here know, I am a 'more the merrier' kind of guy. I think the best way to fix illegal immigration is to make legal immigration very fast, very easy, and as close to free as possible. I think we should support and help with people fleeing war. I thought the Trump Travel ban was the height of absurdity. In no small part because limiting the admittance of people from 7 out of nearly 200 countries for a whopping 3 months won't make the tiniest dent in any challenges we face here. It was 100% window dressing from the very beginning.

But I also try to be open minded and make an effort to understand a different view point. This is something I recommitted to after getting the fucking shock of my life in the most recent presidential election. It did not change any of my beliefs, but clearly I was missing something somewhere.

Then I saw this video. If you can put aside the gentlemans appearance for the moment (though he is excatly what a bad-ass MOFO protecting our country should look like) and sit through it all, what he has to say is remarkably lucid.

I have thought about what he said a lot. And while he did not change my mind, he went a long way to helping me understand why a great many people feel differently about this than I do.

While we are doing some awful things in some places in the world I don't think we have any business being, we are also treating people that hate us with great kindness a lot of the time. We are welcoming people into our country that would not welcome us into theirs. And this is not just a 'middle east' thing. This is across much of the globe. Outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia/New Zealand, and Scandanavia, most of the planet would not be very welcoming of Americans moving in. Even places we consider allies are guilty of this. And though we could treat the ones coming here better a lot of the time, there is little doubt that we would be treated far worse if the situation were reversed. And though this could also be said of some other countries, England in particular, I think it is most true of the US.

The one-sidedness of this arrangement, the hypocrisy inherent in it, and the fact that we welcome people from countries that are not only unwelcoming to us, be to pretty much anyone else, is a fundamental imbalance that many just can not reconcile. And though I do not think we should change our openness regardless of what others do, indeed I think we should be more open as we once were, I can at least say I understand the source of the insular tone that seems to be gaining momentum.

Now, here is why I feel we should be even more open in the face of this fundamental inequity.

1) We live in a capitalist system. A rapidly aging capitalist system. A rapidly aging capitalist system with a low native birth rate. Even with wage pressures and the other challenges, immigration can only help us.

2) For the world to truly evolve and make maximum use of it's resources, tribalism is going to have to end at some point.

3) Most importantly, I do truly believe that if you put a person in a free, tolerant society, they will come to appreciate it more than an oppressed, intolerant one. It may take a generation or so, but those principles are always going to win the day.

Yeah, Americans probably wait for consent before banging them.

Do American GI's run around the country raping women?

A quick google search would've shown that rapes follow American military bases. It's more prolific in Japan than it is in Korea. Japan had some grassroots protests, but nothing really happens when they bring it up at the government level. They're kind of Americas side bitches. When they complain, America slaps them down to their place.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wor...eement-sofa-rapes-intenational-diplomacy.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/japan-us-military-related-rapes-deaths-okinawa/

Haha I wasn't even talking about your willingness to move there though. Immigrating to Japan is almost impossible. Trust me i would love living there. I'm a 6'4 white man, I could live like a king there.
This...I brought a couple of friends to visit Asia and asian chicks were all over them...

The funny thing is that with their problem of a declining birth rate and an aging population, Japan actually could use the refugees unlike most other first world countries.

Also, at least with some rapefugees running around some people in Japan would actually be having sex for a change.

http://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-japanese-people-arent-having-sex-2015-7

Ya Japanese men are not taking care of their womenz. Their was a recently an article where they were more attracted to an alpha male silverback gorilla.

What is with you freaks and wanting other countries to repopuplate themselves with Muslims from violent environments?

First of all, these countries don't need to be dictated by scumbags like you. Secondly, the world is populated enough and becoming more populated, why the fuck is this some 'concern' of yours is beyond me.

Thirdly, introducing Muslims to other countries and having them populate ensures that Islam spreads. TERRIBLE. STUPID IDEAS. Sad!

Get your heads out of the sand (haha) you morans.

as a non-japanese citizen of Japan I will say this is the case for sure. Difficult country to become a citizen and they do not accept refugees. They have a very fierce natonalism but they are quiet about it.

This is true, as long as you are fairly rich too.

Robertson said that South Korea’s policies toward Syrian or other asylum seekers stand in stark contrast to its generous resettlement program for North Korean defectors.

Because North Koreans aren't going to be a problem in South Korea, unlike third world Muslim immigrants/refugees who bring with them a death cult religion, hateful attitude towards women and non-Muslims as a whole, and a high crime rate. There is literally nothing positive that can come from allowing Muslims into your country. North Koreans and South Koreans are the same people, just living in different circumstances. Somali, Pakistani, Syrian etc etc Muslims and Korean people are literally polar opposites.

Don't have to be rich to get a nice room for a week and afford bottle service.

Perceptions > Reality ;]
lol agreed but you were talking about living there.

Most parts of japan are very expensive to buy a condo.

Exactly. But the usuals praise this.

Hey look, another country is being a piece of shit! God, why can't we be like them?!?!?!

Not allowing Muslims to flood into your country = being a piece of shit... LEL <45>

A quick google search would've shown that rapes follow American military bases. It's more prolific in Japan than it is in Korea. Japan had some grassroots protests, but nothing really happens when they bring it up at the government level. They're kind of Americas side bitches. When they complain, America slaps them down to their place.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wor...eement-sofa-rapes-intenational-diplomacy.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/japan-us-military-related-rapes-deaths-okinawa/
Not surprised. And that's no knock to the American armed forces. More like acknowledging the reality that thousands of young horny men, overflowing with testosterone will do messed up things. A miniscule percentage will go along with their baser instincts.

Now just imagine if those thousands of young horny men, overflowing with testosterone were from a truly patriarchal society. Had no superiors to answer to, no work, and too much time on their hands, and laughed at the notion of "rape culture". I wonder if rape stats would increase? Or magically decline as we're lead to believe in the case of Sweden?

So yeah, can't blame them.

Back