South Korea, Japan balk at admitting Syrian refugees, “prefer to protect our women"

SensaiRambo

Bow to your sensai
Banned
Reaction score
This is what a common sense immigration policy looks like, can't believe that liberals argue that refugees and third world immigrants are good for the economy or commit less crime.

"South Korea and Japan have been reluctant to take in refugees from Syria.

The United States admitted more than 10,000 Syrian refugees on former President Barack Obama’s watch.

Since 1994, 1,144 Syrians have requested asylum in South Korea, but refugee status has been granted to only three, government figures show.

As of October 2016, Japan had taken in just six Syrian refugees. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told reporters in 2015 that the country needed to “look after its own.”

“Both Japan and South Korea are relatively wealthy societies that could afford to provide resettlement assistance to refugees,” said Phil Robertson, deputy director of Human Rights Watch’s Asia division. “There is a reluctance to have refugees become a part of that society.”

Ahmed Lababidi, a 23-year-old Syrian who lives on South Korea’s Jeju Island, an hour flight south of Seoul, was rejected for asylum. He told VOA News that the local immigration office informed him that fleeing war is not grounds by itself for refugee status in South Korea.

“They just say you are not a refugee,” he said the official told him. “Because it’s just war, you can stay here, but not as a refugee.”

Rights groups have accused South Korea of not fulfilling its commitment as a signatory of the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, a treaty that defines who is a refugee and what responsibilities a host nation has in providing for that individual.

Robertson said South Korea’s humanitarian visas are an “artificial category” that “gives less rights” to asylum seekers, noting that Japan, too, has come under similar criticism in regard to its refugee policy.

An official at South Korea’s Ministry of Justice, who asked not to be named per office rules, said all asylum applications are “evaluated fairly” and consideration is given based on the circumstances in their home country as well as evidence of persecution.

Robertson said that South Korea’s policies toward Syrian or other asylum seekers stand in stark contrast to its generous resettlement program for North Korean defectors. He said it is hypocritical for Seoul to call on other nations to protect North Korean escapees when it does not offer the same treatment to refugees within its own borders.

South Korea’s Ministry of Justice confirmed on Feb. 2 that “civil war is not sufficient grounds for granting refugee status,” The Korea Observer reported.

A ministry official said Seoul is also concerned of the risk of sexual assaults which could occur should any migrants be allowed in.

“Judging by what we see in Europe, we would prefer to protect our women, rather than potentially place them at risk,” the official said." http://www.worldtribune.com/south-korea-japan-balk-at-admitting-syrian-refugees/

Sounds like more countries need to take after South Korea and Japan.

the safety and protection of your own citizens>>>>refugees.

Smart countries. They recognize the "refugees", as the savages they are.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be funny if a war broke out between North and South Korea and we were denying Koreans refugee status because "civil war is not sufficient grounds for granting refugee status".

Liberals are professional community killers, destroying cities at any cost, in order to create a Democratic Party stronghold of poverty..

1331146904_president-lyndon-b.-johnson-signing-the-immigration-and-nationality-act-of-1965.png

1965 immigration act:
"ASYLUM FOR CUBAN REFUGEES

So it is in that spirit that I declare this afternoon to the people of Cuba that those who seek refuge here in America will find it. The dedication of America to our traditions as an asylum for the oppressed is going to be upheld.

I have directed the Departments of State and Justice and Health, Education, and Welfare to immediately make all the necessary arrangements to permit those in Cuba who seek freedom to make an orderly entry into the United States of America.

Our first concern will be with those Cubans who have been separated from their children and their parents and their husbands and their wives and that are now in this country. Our next concern is with those who are imprisoned for political reasons.

And I will send to the Congress tomorrow a request for supplementary funds of $12,600,000 to carry forth the commitment that I am making today.

I am asking the Department of State to seek through the Swiss Government immediately the agreement of the Cuban Government in a request to the President of the International Red Cross Committee. The request is for the assistance of the Committee in processing the movement of refugees from Cuba to Miami. Miami will serve as a port of entry and a temporary stopping place for refugees as they settle in other parts of this country."

“Judging by what we see in Europe, we would prefer to protect our women, rather than potentially place them at risk,”

<bball2>

This should be surprising to no one who knows asians. This is how they are. I'll never forget the face this asian girls dad made when he saw me and her together. I felt bad having a daughter of my own. I just wanted to set him aside and say "Don't worry man your daughters a whore and we wont be together in a few months". Not sure that would have made him feel better though.

Last edited:
The last time i checked Japan and South Korea did nothing to help create a civil war that USA, Europe, and Saudi/Turkey helped create. So America should be taking in many more refugees due to their deeds.

That's rich, "protect our women". Gotta save some for the American military base guys right?

Wouldn't it be funny if a war broke out between North and South Korea and we were denying Koreans refugee status because "civil war is not sufficient grounds for granting refugee status".

Not all refugees are created equal . Think about Europe right this second . Do you think if those refugees there were Korean and not from assorted islamic countries that they would be having the same problems ?

Everyone feels bad for them but no one whos watching whats going on wants more poorly educated islamic types roaming their lands... not because they are heartless racists but because we have our own wives and daughters to look out for and islamic types have issues with women in free countries

Exactly. But the usuals praise this.

Hey look, another country is being a piece of shit! God, why can't we be like them?!?!?!

The last time i checked Japan and South Korea did nothing to help create a civil war that USA, Europe, and Saudi/Turkey helped create. So America should be taking in many more refugees due to their deeds.

Thats pure genius logic dude. Lets import a bunch of uneducated barbarians that we have made war on for generations, that hate us ,hate our societies and have no plans on joining those societies ..... What could go wrong?

Last edited:
Not all refugees are created equal . Think about Europe right this second . Do you think if those refugees there were Korean and not from assorted islamic countries that they would be having the same problems ?

Everyone feels bad for them but no one whos watching whats going on wants more poorly educated islamic types roaming their lands... not because they are heartless racists but because we have our own wives and daughters to look out for and islamic types have issues with women in free countries
<bball2>

I'm going to need to see a better source. I can't find anything about this "ministry official" and their comments about protecting their women anywhere other than this WorldTribune site, Stormfront and other such far right blogs none of which cite any sources for these comments.

Had to look up this "WorldTribune" site as well since I've never heard of it, but found this interesting:

Aficionados of the Drudge Report may have noticed several striking headlines recently linking to stories from the World Tribune, an enterprise with a title as grand and ambitious as it is unfamiliar. One such story last week began, “U.S. intelligence suspects Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction have finally been located.” The apparent scoop—of stop-the-presses significance—was unsigned, and billed as a “special to World Tribune.com.”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2003/09/08/fit-to-print-2

Thats pure genius logic dude. Lets import a bunch of uneducated barbarians that we have made war on for generations, that hate us ,hate our societies and have no plans on joining those societies ..... What could go wrong?

It's called the 'Falling on your sword' strategy

The difference between the Asian nations, places like Israel, and most other places outside of the Western sphere, is self preservation.

They intend on being around in a hundred years time wheras the object of re-engineering the Western nations is that they become 'post-nationalist', which requires the dissolution of peoples and cultures that represent those nations.

This is what a common sense immigration policy looks like, can't believe that liberals argue that refugees and third world immigrants are good for the economy or commit less crime.

"South Korea and Japan have been reluctant to take in refugees from Syria.

The United States admitted more than 10,000 Syrian refugees on former President Barack Obama’s watch.

Since 1994, 1,144 Syrians have requested asylum in South Korea, but refugee status has been granted to only three, government figures show.

As of October 2016, Japan had taken in just six Syrian refugees. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told reporters in 2015 that the country needed to “look after its own.”

“Both Japan and South Korea are relatively wealthy societies that could afford to provide resettlement assistance to refugees,” said Phil Robertson, deputy director of Human Rights Watch’s Asia division. “There is a reluctance to have refugees become a part of that society.”

Ahmed Lababidi, a 23-year-old Syrian who lives on South Korea’s Jeju Island, an hour flight south of Seoul, was rejected for asylum. He told VOA News that the local immigration office informed him that fleeing war is not grounds by itself for refugee status in South Korea.

“They just say you are not a refugee,” he said the official told him. “Because it’s just war, you can stay here, but not as a refugee.”

Rights groups have accused South Korea of not fulfilling its commitment as a signatory of the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, a treaty that defines who is a refugee and what responsibilities a host nation has in providing for that individual.

Robertson said South Korea’s humanitarian visas are an “artificial category” that “gives less rights” to asylum seekers, noting that Japan, too, has come under similar criticism in regard to its refugee policy.

An official at South Korea’s Ministry of Justice, who asked not to be named per office rules, said all asylum applications are “evaluated fairly” and consideration is given based on the circumstances in their home country as well as evidence of persecution.

Robertson said that South Korea’s policies toward Syrian or other asylum seekers stand in stark contrast to its generous resettlement program for North Korean defectors. He said it is hypocritical for Seoul to call on other nations to protect North Korean escapees when it does not offer the same treatment to refugees within its own borders.

South Korea’s Ministry of Justice confirmed on Feb. 2 that “civil war is not sufficient grounds for granting refugee status,” The Korea Observer reported.

A ministry official said Seoul is also concerned of the risk of sexual assaults which could occur should any migrants be allowed in.

“Judging by what we see in Europe, we would prefer to protect our women, rather than potentially place them at risk,” the official said." http://www.worldtribune.com/south-korea-japan-balk-at-admitting-syrian-refugees/
Just like ME nations refuse to accept them.

Back