South Korea Is Going Crazy Over a Handful of Refugees.

It's based on the deeply-rooted notions of elites and luxury. That's why skin whitening is a lucrative business in Asia.

Yea, the tone of the post was sarcastic and even thinly masochistic but with enough truths contained that it could actually be read seriously. The same exists in much of Latin America where whiteness is desirable and put on a pedestal. If you're handsome it's magnified because you needn't actually be wealthy, your skin already gives that impression. Some places - like South Korea - also view us to be promiscuous though (and we kinda are lol).

Pray tell, what is that part that claims Tagalog as their 2nd most common lingua franca?

Hawaii!

My parents immigrated from South Korea to the US, and I was living in Flushing, Queens - a couple miles away from ground zero when 9/11 happened.

All I can say is: good. Good for them.

Yea, the tone of the post was sarcastic and even thinly masochistic but with enough truths contained that it could actually be read seriously. The same exists in much of Latin America where whiteness is desirable and put on a pedestal. If you're handsome it's magnified because you needn't actually be wealthy, your skin already gives that impression.

Basically, the belief is "your skin is white because you're rich enough not to work in dirty occupations. The darker your skin tone, the more dirt it contains. Rich people can afford to be clean and pure, so their skin is light and unblemished" and all that. Vestiges of local elites and colonial masters...

The opposite happens with white people: they do so much to get a tan. "Healthy people have a tan; they're so active outdoors. Tanned and toned is sexy." Really, just look at Sexyama.

Seriously? I was under the assumption that it was a melting pot of Hawaiian natives and japanese and chinese expats. How did tagalog managed to take root?

Basically, the belief is "your skin is white because you're rich enough not to work in dirty occupations. The darker your skin tone, the more dirt it contains. Rich people can afford to be clean and pure, so their skin is light and unblemished" and all that. Vestiges of local elites and colonial masters...

The opposite happens with white people: they do so much to get a tan. "Healthy people have a tan; they're so active outdoors. Tanned and toned is sexy." Really, just look at Sexyama.

It's really nice being white (usually).

Seriously? I was under the assumption that it was a melting pot of Hawaiian natives and japanese and chinese expats. How did tagalog managed to take root?

Superior culture, breh. ;)

I have no idea and was just as surprised tbh.
s0208.gif

South Korea Screening Process:

uwm-qbLb_400x400.jpg

Murica Screening Process:

CAP-RefugeesWelcome-880px.png

Europe Screening Process:

3a739bdfa22123fb9df408c859b906b9_400x400.gif

Meanwhile in China

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45140551
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Thou...lition-of-the-Weizhou-Grand-Mosque-44640.html
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/02/asia/china-xinjiang-detention-camps-intl/index.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45147972

Mosques demolitions, prohibition of studying arabic for Uyghur and Hui muslim minorities, prohibition of summer religion clasess for chinese muslim kids, 1 million muslim minority chinese being detained in masive re-education camps... Many of them dying there...

If Trump, Macron or Merkel did in their countries 10% of what the communist party is doing to Muslims in China; CNN, Time and the lefties in the US and Europe would be screaming all over.

But is ok if China does it.

I think nations like China are talked about so little in the mainstream press that it doesn't seem like a real place to a lot of people. People really don't talk about Russia either other than they are the reason we have a "racist, bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic, ect" president. Not sure the reason for this, but it may just be that it is hard to get people to give a shit about something happening far away.

South Korea Screening Process:

uwm-qbLb_400x400.jpg

Murica Screening Process:

CAP-RefugeesWelcome-880px.png

Europe Screening Process:

3a739bdfa22123fb9df408c859b906b9_400x400.gif

Canada does not even have a screening process anymore. You just have to walk into the country and you get to live in a hotel and you get a driver's license, welfare and free health-care.

Tagalog is the unifying language of philippinians. Ilocano is actually the third most spoken dialect in Hawaii. Most farmhands in the early history of hawaii where from ilocos, the northern part of philippinian. You can't rely on the natives who didn't have an agrarian society.

What’s the real reason why the refugee crisis happened?
Money powers wanted to emasculate the only group of men that can organize enough to change things, and demand a middle class life.

They are possibly the most racist nation on earth. Weird considering they all look alike.
Maybee 2nd to none in their racism but I wouldn't say they are the most racist, as there are many many MidEast nations that can easily rival South Korea in the racism factor.

How many wealthy Muslim nations accept non-Muslim refugees.
Heck, how many wealthy Muslim nations accept Muslim refugees.

Muslim nations do not accept any appreciable number of non-Muslims. And many are ethnically cleansing non-Muslims or have. Non-Muslim nations accept Muslims but Muslim nations do not accept non-Muslims and demand that they remain overwhelmingly or majority Muslim forever and demand everyone accept this.

They are smart. They have a nice country and there is no reason to ruin it with people who have a cancerous culture. Islam is a war culture. It exists to destroy everything that is not Islamic.

Back