South Korea Is Going Crazy Over a Handful of Refugees.

That's part of why Korea will never be a great nation because at their core they know they have a weak culture.
Only weak cultures or people that are afraid their culture isn't strong enough have an irrational fear of refugees.
Look at countries like Poland, Hungary or Italy now. All weak inferior countries that have never amounted to anything unless they could ride along with their neighbors.
Why would I as a German for example believe that a bunch of refugees can change a culture that has a history stretching back 2000 years? Or France they have a similar culture. They are not afraid of a few refugees.

A lot of this anti-refugee stand is just people coming to terms that their culture is not that great and they are afraid.
That's why you always see people post pictures of African or Muslim with a knife or angry/threating. Because they are scared.

That being said letting in too many at a time is still stupid. But I don't see why you can't help out people in the region of a few hundred thousand.

<JagsKiddingMe>

It's all about demographics, if Muslims outbreed Germans, do you think German culture would still survive and be the culture immigrants integrate to?

Yes sure. I mean even if you are a Muslim you would still be a German.
Most of them would be like Christian German today. Christian only by name.

But I do know what you mean. Taking in millions at a time is a bad idea for many reasons.
I just don't understand why some countries don't take in any. Korea has what 50 million people?
Would it be too much for them to take in 50,000 - 100,000 people from Yemen.
I mean those would be legit war refugees IMO. Why not help them out?

Well it was 31 minutes.

@Jack V Savage is a better person to ask about economics, and he may well disagree with me or provide a more nuanced appraisal. The subject itself necessarily wades into behavioral economics, which economists tend to not want to do, but I think the illusory catalyst in the discussion is the intrinsic value of work/productivity: you can see it with basically any person working a fixed-wage service level job, who could otherwise make 60% or so of their paycheck sitting on their butts.

But, as far as I can tell, a robust safety net and welfare spending has pretty faithfully correlated with economic mobility and has, just from my own observations in my college years, correlated positively with workforce participation as well. And, while a so-called "welfare class" may necessarily exist, it is not a permanent class and its constituents flow in and out. So the welfare dependence argument is kinda bunk.

Last edited:
How do Muslim refugees get all the way down to South Korea?
By boat or by Crossing many countries borders?

Would a Muslim refugee even risk crossing into North Korea to get to South Korea?

That's part of why Korea will never be a great nation because at their core they know they have a weak culture.
Only weak cultures or people that are afraid their culture isn't strong enough have an irrational fear of refugees.
Look at countries like Poland, Hungary or Italy now. All weak inferior countries that have never amounted to anything unless they could ride along with their neighbors.
Why would I as a German for example believe that a bunch of refugees can change a culture that has a history stretching back 2000 years? Or France they have a similar culture. They are not afraid of a few refugees.

A lot of this anti-refugee stand is just people coming to terms that their culture is not that great and they are afraid.
That's why you always see people post pictures of African or Muslim with a knife or angry/threating. Because they are scared.

That being said letting in too many at a time is still stupid. But I don't see why you can't help out people in the region of a few hundred thousand.

aborignal culture supposedly goes back further than your germanic culture and look at it now.

This is interesting, i didn't know they had accepted any muslim refugees, i thought Asian countries didn't want any.
It seems many South Koreans have taken note of what muslim immigration has been doing to host societies around the world and are determined their country not follow suit. This is very commendable and i wish my country would've done the same.
The article seems to believe all these protesters are racist and islamophobic of course. Yes, that dreaded word that shuts down conversation, 'islamophobic,' has made it's way to Asia.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/08/06/south-korea-is-going-crazy-over-a-handful-of-refugees/

I live in East Asia too.

The framing ("going crazy", "Islambophobes") is just hilarious to me. The obvious truth is that most East Asians don't want significant numbers of Middle Easterners living among them. If they're "crazy", how have they built some of the wealthiest, safest, healthiest nations on Earth?

I just don't understand why some countries don't take in any. Would it be too much for them to take in 50,000 - 100,000 people from Yemen.

50,000? Breh, there's apparently enormous backlash, petitions of opposition (700,000+) and protests in the streets over 552 of them being kept isolated on a remote province. That is far too many.

gettyimages-987840408.jpg

<{outtahere}>

Islam and it's culture ruined their very own country(s). It's not racist to keep Islamic refugees out and from ruining your country also.

50,000? Breh, there's apparently enormous backlash, petitions of opposition (700,000+) and protests in the streets over 552 of them being kept isolated on a remote province. That is far too many.

gettyimages-987840408.jpg

<{outtahere}>

Yeah if they don't want it that's ok up to them.
I just personally don't think its beneficial to society if you are opposed to helping others like you have in Korea.
Is that an example you want to set for future generations? Helping others should be the number one concern of everyone in your ''Volksgemeinschaft'' or country.
I mean I don't think people from Yemen or Syria are fake refugees. Or some family in a Sudanese refugee camp starving.
If you take in refugees within reason and a plan. I think its very beneficial to your own society.
Especially Korea and Japan could use some of that. Because they are lacking in a lot of things behind more open Western cultures.
Of course everything within reason.

Meanwhile in China

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45140551
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Thou...lition-of-the-Weizhou-Grand-Mosque-44640.html
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/02/asia/china-xinjiang-detention-camps-intl/index.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45147972

Mosques demolitions, prohibition of studying arabic for Uyghur and Hui muslim minorities, prohibition of summer religion clasess for chinese muslim kids, 1 million muslim minority chinese being detained in masive re-education camps... Many of them dying there...

If Trump, Macron or Merkel did in their countries 10% of what the communist party is doing to Muslims in China; CNN, Time and the lefties in the US and Europe would be screaming all over.

But is ok if China does it.
Different culture Hard to judge
But we’re supposed to celebrate about China becoming more powerful

Except there is absolutely zero data to support the conclusion that entitlements create any sort of dependence. On the contrary, there is plenty of data, however, showing that it correlates positively with upward economic mobility and worker participation (at least in the Western world).

Try again?

The West is different from the East. Exclusivity in social and economic circles is a big deal in the Orient (unless your skin is white, trust me on this).

But I do know what you mean. Taking in millions at a time is a bad idea for many reasons.
I just don't understand why some countries don't take in any. Korea has what 50 million people?

Basically, can Korea afford it? Both economically and politically? AFAIK their underlying culture can't, and that translates to bad economy and local politics. Objectively, Korea is not that strong, whether it was back then or today. Just look at how many occupations, invasions, vassalage or 'defense treaties' they underwent throughout their history.

Islam and it's culture ruined their very own country(s). It's not racist to keep Islamic refugees out and from ruining your country also.

It's not really the religion per se. Just look at the Islamic Golden age and the scientific booms it experienced. It's the lazy-ass mentality of relying on religion as proper justification for political supremacy. The West obviously veered away from the notion of 'divine right of kings', sadly these muslim political wankers have back-ass mentalities and still use this shitty excuse.

How do Muslim refugees get all the way down to South Korea?
By boat or by Crossing many countries borders?

Would a Muslim refugee even risk crossing into North Korea to get to South Korea?

They made it to Jeju island so at least part of their trip was by boat. They’ve been detained there so they haven’t set foot on the “mainland” if you want to call it that.

Hmmm young Koreans appear exponentially smarter and more self aware than young westerners.

Oh and the article is horribly biased in tone.

What South Korea is doing is what any country whose people haven't been psychologically destroyed out of their basic preservation instincts would do.

Just because white people want to be 5-10% of the population in their own countries within the next 200 years (and virtually extinct within 500) doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to use their tax dollars to fund radical activists in universities who plot to overthrow their culture and society doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to greatly increase the likelihood of public mass murder events doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to import people who will be a net negative tax contributor doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to take in immigrants without screening for cultural compatibility doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to encourage history to be re-written to make it seem like they invented evil and that all other groups are virtuous doesn't mean everyone wants to.

People just have to understand that white people are fucking weird and that most (or all) other groups are going to be averse to having their culture and people destroyed.

White people are pretty fucking pathetic. We deserve to be wiped out.

Culture of getting raped and terrorised on the regular. You sir, consistently fail with your post attempts.

Hmmm young Koreans appear exponentially smarter and more self aware than young westerners.

Oh and the article is horribly biased in tone.
Social justice hasn't ruined their minds yet

And how do you decide who you're gonna help out and who you're gonna leave? A fricking lottery? A vast majority of them have to stay.

Back