South Korea Is Going Crazy Over a Handful of Refugees.

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This is interesting, i didn't know they had accepted any muslim refugees, i thought Asian countries didn't want any.
It seems many South Koreans have taken note of what muslim immigration has been doing to host societies around the world and are determined their country not follow suit. This is very commendable and i wish my country would've done the same.
The article seems to believe all these protesters are racist and islamophobic of course. Yes, that dreaded word that shuts down conversation, 'islamophobic,' has made it's way to Asia.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/08/06/south-korea-is-going-crazy-over-a-handful-of-refugees/

I don't think the powers that shut down sense of self in people that can handle their own business in the West will be able to teach Asians PC lies all that quickly. Using guilt to disallow common sense will not work everywhere.

They are possibly the most racist nation on earth. Weird considering they all look alike.

Yea, those are Sarah Jeong's peeps.

Don't know how a person from Yemen ends up looking for asylum in South Korea, but anyway, I suppose it's to be expected. While Islam and the West have not exactly proven to be compatible, there's still a much higher chance of finding some sort of common ground, than between Muslims and Chinese/Japanese/Koreans. Those cultures don't match at all, and neither are likely to give any ground to the other.

In the case of Islam and the West, atleast there's one party which is willing to compromise from its own interests. That sort of a "co-existence" can work, provided that the Muslims remain a distinct minority and never grow to become a strong enough group, in order to start enforcing their own interests above everybody else's.

In the case of Korea, co-existence won't work because of Koreans being unwilling to accommodate a foreign culture, and with Islam having quite a few demands.

Last edited:
Don't know how a person from Yemen ends up looking for asylum in South Korea, but anyway, I suppose it's to be expected. While Islam and the West have not exactly proven to be compatible, there's still a much higher chance of finding some sort of common ground, than between Muslims and Chinese/Japanese/Koreans. Those cultures don't match at all, and neither are likely to give any ground to the other.

In the case of Islam and the West, atleast there's one party which is willing to compromise from its own interests. That sort of a "co-existence" can work, provided that the Muslims remain a distinct minority and never grow to become a strong enough group, in order to start enforcing their own interests above everybody else's.

In the case of Korea, co-existence won't work because of Koreans being unwilling to give up anything, and with Islam having quite a few demands.

China treats its Uyghur Muslim population extraordinarily well.

China Targets 'Wild Imams' In Mass Public Sentencing

China Bans Dozens of 'Muslim Names' As Beijing Cracks Down On Religious Extremism

China Holding At Least 120,000 Muslims In Re-Education Camps

TBF, it isn't like SK has remotely anything to do with the KSA/Yemen conflict.

Meanwhile in China

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45140551
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Thou...lition-of-the-Weizhou-Grand-Mosque-44640.html
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/02/asia/china-xinjiang-detention-camps-intl/index.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45147972

Mosques demolitions, prohibition of studying arabic for Uyghur and Hui muslim minorities, prohibition of summer religion clasess for chinese muslim kids, 1 million muslim minority chinese being detained in masive re-education camps... Many of them dying there...

If Trump, Macron or Merkel did in their countries 10% of what the communist party is doing to Muslims in China; CNN, Time and the lefties in the US and Europe would be screaming all over.

But is ok if China does it.

They are possibly the most racist nation on earth. Weird considering they all look alike.
I wouldn't make this post, but I sure won't judge you for it, fella.

hqdefault.jpg

What South Korea is doing is what any country whose people haven't been psychologically destroyed out of their basic preservation instincts would do.

Just because white people want to be 5-10% of the population in their own countries within the next 200 years (and virtually extinct within 500) doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to use their tax dollars to fund radical activists in universities who plot to overthrow their culture and society doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to greatly increase the likelihood of public mass murder events doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to import people who will be a net negative tax contributor doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to take in immigrants without screening for cultural compatibility doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to encourage history to be re-written to make it seem like they invented evil and that all other groups are virtuous doesn't mean everyone wants to.

People just have to understand that white people are fucking weird and that most (or all) other groups are going to be averse to having their culture and people destroyed.

Went down a rabbit hole and ultimately ended up at youtube watching a video titled "Afghan Style". I don't recommend anyone else dig into this.

Meanwhile in China

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45140551
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Thou...lition-of-the-Weizhou-Grand-Mosque-44640.html
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/02/asia/china-xinjiang-detention-camps-intl/index.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45147972

Mosques demolitions, prohibition of studying arabic for Uyghur and Hui muslim minorities, prohibition of summer religion clasess for chinese muslim kids, 1 million muslim minority chinese being detained in masive re-education camps... Many of them dying there...

If Trump, Macron or Merkel did in their countries 10% of what the communist party is doing to Muslims in China; CNN, Time and the lefties in the US and Europe would be screaming all over.

But is ok if China does it.

It's not that people necessarily think that it's okay, they just know that there isn't jackshit that they can do about it.

One thing the Chinese governments knows how to do, is to crush any sort of dissident opinion. The social media and the traditional media are completely under the government's control. Considering that the modern progressive/human rights movement basically relies solely on the media being its megaphone to voice their criticisms and to further their objectives, their game would be up the moment they even attempted anything in China.

This is not a generation of people that would truly "fight" for another person's human rights. It's a generation of people which expects to enforce their will through media, by shouting extremely loudly, and when that doesn't happen, they just sit down meekly and accept the state of affairs.

Once the bluff gets called, I expect that a lot of this stuff will be "rolled back" by not-so humanitarian pragmatists, even in the West. Because there's nothing really holding up this sort of idealism, no real-world physical courage or will behind it.

Last edited:
"One might expect, for example, that South Korean feminists newly energized from a highly successful #MeToo campaign would express solidarity with the vulnerable refugees. Instead, many feminists reinforce myths that Muslim refugees are potential rapists, drawing from a mixture of real and fake news from Europe."

I see the mythological sexual emergencies and Cologne new years rapes have soured these impressionable feminists against Islam. Remember kids, Sharia is feminism!

What South Korea is doing is what any country whose people haven't been psychologically destroyed out of their basic preservation instincts would do.

Just because white people want to be 5-10% of the population in their own countries within the next 200 years (and virtually extinct within 500) doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to use their tax dollars to fund radical activists in universities who plot to overthrow their culture and society doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to greatly increase the likelihood of public mass murder events doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to import people who will be a net negative tax contributor doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to take in immigrants without screening for cultural compatibility doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Just because white people want to encourage history to be re-written to make it seem like they invented evil and that all other groups are virtuous doesn't mean everyone wants to.

People just have to understand that white people are fucking weird and that most (or all) other groups are going to be averse to having their culture and people destroyed.

Man, take a chill pill.

I don't think the powers that shut down sense of self in people that can handle their own business in the West will be able to teach Asians PC lies all that quickly. Using guilt to disallow common sense will not work everywhere.

Yes, we should go the Amerikuricana route and just use the veneer of "common sense" to foreclose deeper thinking on an issue.

We shouldn't help people in need! Their lives aren't worth the hassle to us! Muh common sense!!!!!

You let in a few a s it's like giving a mouse a cookie.
But seriously as someone with Mexican blood, why is it for Mexican Americans to demand that we let in more? Seem incredibly self serving. So the Koreans know that letting in a get means letting in a whole bunch. Which is bad. If you removed the foreign element from Europe I'm sure the crime rate woukd implode

Back