News South Korea’s Black Combat signs partnership with China’s WLF

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score

In 2023, Black Combat held two partner events with DEEP/DEEP JEWELS, one in S. Korea, one in Japan. In the second event, held in Japan, multiple title fights were held where the titles of BOTH promotion were on the line. Black Combat fighters won the majority in both events. If the deal with Woo Ling Feng (WLF) is similar, they should be good events.

Black Combat is absurdly popular. Their videos get hundreds of thousands of views. Here's former Deep champ / Rizin vet Juri Ohara getting Suloev stretched. 400k views!!!

The founder, known as Godfather Black, has a background as a YouTuber. He has production down to a science. Not only that, he bases events and series of videos around movies, historical events, pop culture, to draw attention.

For example, He had a series of videos named for the movie Silmido, on the actual location, which was based on a real, historical event

(WLF, WLF Wars) Wu Lin Feng
Hope it will be on UFC Fight-Pass

im glad black combat is doing good in korea. seemed like road was going to be the one, but not sure how theyre doing now. the co promoted event with DEEP and black combat was good, entertaining. won't say who won, but maybe i will later. respect.

I've caught a few BC shows and enjoyed them sufficiently.

<RomeroSalute>

I've caught a few BC shows and enjoyed them sufficiently.

<RomeroSalute>
The fights are great, but the shoulder programming is what makes the promotion truly outstanding. Shoulder programming in mma that’s actually worth watching.

Back