South East Asians have the highest poverty and highschool dropout rates of any group in America

High school is overrated anyways. You sit there listening to a boring lecture. Then read a book and try to memorize it all for test.

Let them drop out, it wont matter. They spend their time more productively delivering food, or doing manual labor. They earn money. They aint earning jack in school.
This is why the most successful ethnic groups have low graduation rates and the unemployed ones tend to graduate high school

surprising to me considering i live in a heavy asian area and there are plenty of well off SEA

feel like hmongs and cambodians are dragging down the statistics tbh

edit: yeah, i was right after looking at your source, in regards to poverty. hmongs are southeast asians with a higher poverty rate than blacks and hispanics. according to that, filipinos have the lowest poverty rates of any asians at 6% whereas the national average is 12%. hmong, cambodians, viets and thais are the only ones with higher poverty rates than the average population. but viet and thais are damn close to the average population.

even vietnamese and thai are 14% nationally, despite coming from a country where the average wages are $150-200 per month
That's because Viet and Thai immigrants are usually the cream of the crop. A lot of the Vietnamese refugees we took in the 70s and 80s were actually (wealthy) Chinese people

Native Americans are worse off. Go look at pine ridge reservation or Rosebud.

Asians also top the income charts in the US. Indians, Filipino and I want to say Koreans are the top 3 in the US.
The model minority status and highest income demographic is a bit of a myth. A well known White supremacist website (no not SF) recently featured a WaPo article explaining why comparing the wages of Asian Americans and Whites and then assuming Asian A. earn more is misleading.

It boils down to Asians predominantly residing in coastal / high cost of living areas so their wages (relative to Whites as a whole) is higher. Whites live all over, including in rural areas and the MidWest where cost of living is lower (than the big coastal cities) so their wages are lower. So comparing Asian wages to White wages and then assuming Asians earn more than Whites is flawed.

-

" For decades, the data on median household incomes have shown the same, persistent racial disparities: Asians beating out whites at the top, while Hispanics and blacks hover near the bottom.

Asian Americans seem to offer proof that minorities can prosper — and even leapfrog whites — if they work hard and jump through the right hoops. For that reason, Asian Americans have often been invoked as a way to excuse the income gaps between whites and blacks or whites and Hispanics.

But why do typical Asian American households outearn typical white households? Like many statistics showing an Asian American advantage, this fact proves illusory upon closer examination. A common explanation is that Asian Americans are better educated. While that’s true, there’s another factor that can completely account for the income gap between Asians and whites.

It has to do with where people reside.

Prices and rents vary wildly in different parts of the country. The cost of living near Jonesboro, Ark., for instance, is about 18 percent below the national average, while the cost of living near San Francisco is about 21 percent above the national average.

White and African Americans are more likely to live in cheaper locales, while Asian and Hispanic Americans are more likely to live in pricier ones. The contrast between whites and Asians is particularly stark. Nearly 1 in 5 white Americans reside in rural counties, where a dollar goes a lot further. But 97 percent of Asian Americans live in or near a major city, where the cost of living is higher. "

Since posting links to White Power websites is against forum rules, I'll directly link to the WaPo article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-actually-an-illusion/?utm_term=.81b249a9bc33

" After adjusting for local cost of living , median Asian and White household incomes are mroe or less the same"

The model minority status and highest income demographic is a bit of a myth. A well known White supremacist website (no not SF) recently featured a WaPo article explaining why comparing the wages of Asian Americans and Whites and then assuming Asian A. earn more is misleading.

It boils down to Asians predominantly residing in coastal / high cost of living areas so their wages (relative to Whites as a whole) is higher. Whites live all over, including in rural areas and the MidWest where cost of living is lower (than the big coastal cities) so their wages are lower. So comparing Asian wages to White wages and then assuming Asians earn more than Whites is flawed.

-

" For decades, the data on median household incomes have shown the same, persistent racial disparities: Asians beating out whites at the top, while Hispanics and blacks hover near the bottom.

Asian Americans seem to offer proof that minorities can prosper — and even leapfrog whites — if they work hard and jump through the right hoops. For that reason, Asian Americans have often been invoked as a way to excuse the income gaps between whites and blacks or whites and Hispanics.

But why do typical Asian American households outearn typical white households? Like many statistics showing an Asian American advantage, this fact proves illusory upon closer examination. A common explanation is that Asian Americans are better educated. While that’s true, there’s another factor that can completely account for the income gap between Asians and whites.

It has to do with where people reside.

Prices and rents vary wildly in different parts of the country. The cost of living near Jonesboro, Ark., for instance, is about 18 percent below the national average, while the cost of living near San Francisco is about 21 percent above the national average.

White and African Americans are more likely to live in cheaper locales, while Asian and Hispanic Americans are more likely to live in pricier ones. The contrast between whites and Asians is particularly stark. Nearly 1 in 5 white Americans reside in rural counties, where a dollar goes a lot further. But 97 percent of Asian Americans live in or near a major city, where the cost of living is higher. "

Since posting links to White Power websites is against forum rules, I'll directly link to the WaPo article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-actually-an-illusion/?utm_term=.81b249a9bc33

" After adjusting for local cost of living , median Asian and White household incomes are mroe or less the same"
Location does account for some if it, but it also comes down to Asians having a very studious culture as well as an ambitious one.

Asians are less likely to experience violence or crime than whites too.

South East Asians are a minority group within a minority group in America. The Countries include Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and others. According to Whitehouse.gov an American government website S.E Asians have a highschool dropout rate of over 30% compared to 7.3 % for Blacks and 10.6 % for Hispanics.
Some groups of SE Asians also have the Highest poverty rate 37.8% for Hmongs, 29.3% for Cambodians compared to Blacks poverty rate were 27.4% and Hispanics 26.6%. U.S average is below 12.4 percent.
sources:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/aapi/data/critical-issues
http://www.childtrends.org/indicators/high-school-dropout-rates/
This is just an example of how flawed American statistics are. What do you guys think about this news?

I would like to thank Sherdogger "ObsoleteSoul" for believing in me when no one else did, he told me to be me. He gave me faith in Humanity and in Sherdog.

disclaimer: I am not blaming a particular group, race,religion, or class. I am only educating the public about the power of the media.
South east asians actually bring down a lot of statistics for other asians that get lumped in with them such as east and south such as obesity, wealth, education etc. Its because the other groups do well they kind of carrying the negative impact the south east asian static adds to the overall figure. If you omitted them, the model minority figures for east asians and south asians would do so much better than what they are currently.

This isnt saying for the purpose of singling out south east asians but they obviously arent fairing well and do need helps inproving their situation but when you mix them into statistics with asians who are very successful it looks like there is no problem.

This is what happens when you don't filter out immigration from low IQ nations. Their countries are fucking poor for a reason and that reason is low general IQ.
I think unfortunately vietnam immigrants is a big offender. They have a reputation for being very criminal and dangerous.

This is why the most successful ethnic groups have low graduation rates and the unemployed ones tend to graduate high school

The most successful ethnic groups get live off the laurels of the ancestors who probably did not even get any formal education. Schooling has just become a formality for them. Any kind of formality can takes its place.

White people are what they are because they conquered it. As they grew wealthy, they did not want their kids to get their hands dirty so they gave them academia to make them feel smart. They will inherit their parents positions in life as long as they play the game (which would include the formality of schooling).

Blacks, hispanics, and poor asians be better filling up the military ranks, and then pulling a Pol Pot on the formally educated white people once they have become complacent enough. That is how they will break the chains and glass ceiling.

Back