South Africa's President Has Been Recalled. UPDATE: Hunting his cronies

Fun fact, they were originally called Saron Gas, but had to change the name and clean up some of their tunes to score a contract with an American label.
Used to be casual mates with them, but they were dead to me from that point onward.

Also, Trevor Noah is a dishonest ponce.

I liked that "Fine Again" tune, but everything else I've heard from them blows.

I liked that "Fine Again" tune, but everything else I've heard from them blows.

I think they sound kinda like a rip-off of Nirvana.
As I recall, their entire plan from the get-go was to sound as American as possible so that they could get signed over there.

I think they sound kinda like a rip-off of Nirvana.
As I recall, their entire plan from the get-go was to sound as American as possible so that they could get signed over there.

I just looked up that song on YouTube and they have the boring American rock chord structure down pat. The quality of musicianship in radio rock here is astoundingly bad.

The only rock band with actual music talent to get radio play here in the past 20 years to my knowledge:

Also, the music video was absurdly lame with the people with lame confessions on cue cards. This one was my favorite. Nice humble brag, bro.

432women.jpg

And now we're hunting down some of Zuma's cronies (and his son) who have allegedly fled to China, India and Dubai.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/top-stories/s-africa-widens-hunt-for-zuma-allies-to-india-china.html

South Africa has widened a corruption probe into allies of ex-president Jacob Zuma to other countries including India, China and Dubai, the police minister said today. Fikile Mbalula made the announcement days after South Africa issued an arrest warrant for one of the brothers of the Gupta business family, close associates of scandal-plagued Zuma who was forced from power on Wednesday.

"There will be more arrests... It's not just a witch hunt," he added. "It doesn't matter, if you are a politician... There are no holy cows, there are no untouchables." In all, 13 people are facing charges linked to allegations that millions of dollars of public money meant for poor dairy farmers was syphoned off by the Guptas. Eight other suspects were arrested last week and have appeared in court. In his first address to the nation hours after he assumed power on Friday, new South African President Cyril Ramaphosa vowed to fight corruption in a direct reference to the accusations levelled at his predecessor Zuma.

And the wealthy of South Africa's private sector have jumped on the bandwagon of helping to track down the aforementioned cronies:

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2018-02-17-billionaire-ups-the-ante-on-gupta-bounty/

Magda Wierzycka during an interview at her office in Sandton, Johannesburg on January 16 2018.

The stakes for the capture of fugitive Ajay Gupta have been raised‚ with South African billionaire Magda Wierzycka upping the bounty on his head.

Early on Saturday morning‚ Wierzycka tweeted that she would match the current bounty "Rand for Rand".

On Thursday‚ after the Hawks announced that Gupta was on the run‚ private forensic investigator Paul O'Sullivan announced a R200‚000 reward for his capture. On Saturday he offered another R300‚000 for the location of Gupta's brothers‚ Atul and Rajesh Gupta‚ and Duduzane Zuma‚ the Guptas’ ally and son of former president Jacob Zuma.

She said as well as offering a reward to the bodyguards‚ she was also offering R200‚000 to the first of the accused in the Estina Dairy Farm project case who turned state witness.

Wierzycka said the R200‚000 she was offering would go to the legal fees of the first of the eight accused who became a state witness against their co-accused.

"The accused who turns state witness will definitely need help with their legal fees."

She said in total she was offering R900‚000 in rewards‚ but would potentially raise this amount‚ "as things evolve".

Funny shit. This woman is on a mission:

Oh, and just as an aside, Morgan Tsvangirai is dead. @Trotsky not sure if you care or not, but I remember telling you that he was sick the other day. That did not last long... at least he got to outlive Mugabe's presidency.

I have nothing of value to add, but I like these threads from countries that get no MSM coverage. Gives atleast some kind of picture.

And now we're hunting down some of Zuma's cronies (and his son) who have allegedly fled to China, India and Dubai.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/top-stories/s-africa-widens-hunt-for-zuma-allies-to-india-china.html

And the wealthy of South Africa's private sector have jumped on the bandwagon of helping to track down the aforementioned cronies:

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2018-02-17-billionaire-ups-the-ante-on-gupta-bounty/

Funny shit. This woman is on a mission:

Oh, and just as an aside, Morgan Tsvangirai is dead. @Trotsky not sure if you care or not, but I remember telling you that he was sick the other day. That did not last long... at least he got to outlive Mugabe's presidency.

Would

1 Million Rand for the Guptas, hopefully that's enough given how much they could counter offer.

1 Million Rand for the Guptas, hopefully that's enough given how much they could counter offer.

Apparently it's sitting at R2 million at the moment. Donations have been pumping in.

It's chump change compared to what these shits stole from the country, and nothing compared to the money they can spend to protect themselves... but I live in hope :)

Last edited:
i feel like if you're a certain age, everything you learned about SA came from like Lethal Weapon 2?

thoughts?

For some good perspective on the sad state that South Africa has become see videos by Stefan Molyneux and Lauren Southern

Here is Lauren Southern's channel

the 8 most recent videos are a part of a series she is doing on South Africa

Back